Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Mr.Karate

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
After blowing my w6 and getting jerked around, went with 2 RF p3s.

A few days ago I started a thread about how I blew my W6v2 in 24 hours. I appreciate all who replied. I wasn't able to get my W6 replaced sadly, so my installer was willing to let me try out 2 Fostgate P3s. I was highly impressed with how they sounded. He gave me a great deal because of what the JL dealer put me through. He wasn't able to fit a dual sub box in the trunk, so they put two singles together. Man do they sound good! After 11 years of buying nothing but JL subs, I'm officially a Rockford Fostage fan. I'm gonna ship the blown w6 to JL to see if they will replace it. If so, I''l just sell it or give it to a someone. I'm kinda impatient, so I didn't mind spending a little extra money for the P3s. I did learn a lot from this experience though.
Attached Images

Mr.Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Welcome to the RF club!
Glad you got everything sorted and you're happy. It's pretty ridiculous that the JL dealer wouldn't warranty that speaker.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I just have 1 RF Prime 12" with the Punch P200 amp and even just that does pretty good bass fill.

Those babies probably sound awesome!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Karate View Post
A few days ago I started a thread about how I blew my W6v2 in 24 hours. I appreciate all who replied. I wasn't able to get my W6 replaced sadly, so my installer was willing to let me try out 2 Fostgate P3s. I was highly impressed with how they sounded. He gave me a great deal because of what the JL dealer put me through. He wasn't able to fit a dual sub box in the trunk, so they put two singles together. Man do they sound good! After 11 years of buying nothing but JL subs, I'm officially a Rockford Fostage fan. I'm gonna ship the blown w6 to JL to see if they will replace it. If so, I''l just sell it or give it to a someone. I'm kinda impatient, so I didn't mind spending a little extra money for the P3s. I did learn a lot from this experience though.
looks like you have to glue the carpet down a little in the slot
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
did you use the same kind of box with w6?
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
s3th

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1
I am looking for a ported box dual 12 or single, that fits in the trunk of my 2010 v6 camaro. What's the box you have in your picture and where can I get it from?
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Mr.Karate

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3th View Post
I am looking for a ported box dual 12 or single, that fits in the trunk of my 2010 v6 camaro. What's the box you have in your picture and where can I get it from?
I bought the boxes from soundscape in Downey ca. Those are actually two singles held together with a bracket. Ask for Johnny. He's a good dude. Straight shooter.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Mr.Karate

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5dreamer View Post
did you use the same kind of box with w6?
Yea same box. They're called ground shaker boxes. Not sure if that's the company name or the product name.