Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
activating bluetooth equiped onstar module

So I recently installed steering wheel controls and bluetooth equiped OnStar module in my 1SS and had the controls and module activated by a local dealer. However, everytime I contact onstar to migrate my account over, they tell me that they come across an error on their end, and that someone will be contacting me shortly. This has happend 3 times in the last month without a single call from them. Anyone have any advice as to how I'm supposed to get my account migrated over? My dealer was clueless and kept trying to contact GM for some program to activate the module when all they had to do was go through GM Global Connects. I literally had to walk them through it step by step...they kept me there 3 hours for a 5 minute process
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Check out this:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=382

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
This is how you handle the conversation:

First write down your account number.
With the new unit installed, press the OnStar button in your car.
Ask for tech support.
Ask for your station ID.
Tell them that you want to replace the station ID on acct (your acct number here) with the number they just read to you.
Don't say anything else.
They will send a programming message.
Call them back and verify your name, gps position, and station ID.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Good info!

It used to be that "they" had to add your VIN to a super, top secret database. My service manager went to great lengths to try to reach this mythical being, but he never heard from him again...
Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Good info!

It used to be that "they" had to add your VIN to a super, top secret database. My service manager went to great lengths to try to reach this mythical being, but he never heard from him again...
I did that two years ago and didn't give them the VIN. But they ran a full diagnostic on my car, after switching the Station ID, and from there they were able to pull the VIN. I never did pursue my $15 fix to this whole issue. But I compared the non-BT onstar board to the BT equiped board and they are identical. The non-BT version was missing a bluetooth chip, a few resistors, and the antenna jack. The sum total of all the missing parts was about $20.

I'm pretty sure that if you soldered them onto your board, it would work and you could avoid contacting OnStar. The solder is already on the board too, you just have to heat it up.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote