Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #1163
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Cool. I pop in here from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. Kind of a fun thread. I love the gym but understand not everyone gets to that point.
Some don't but I think that when people shoot for fat loss exercise plays a big role and some do get addicted.

I'm kind of in limbo myself. I was doing great but suffered an inguinal hernia, I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow so I've been and will be out of commission for a while.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #1164
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I workout every day and have been eating clean following a very specific diet eating six times a day. try to get cut and it's going very well as I have a surfing trip to Costa Rica in March. the thing is eating six times a day I'm never hi grey always feel full and the results are starting to show
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #1165
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
I workout every day and have been eating clean following a very specific diet eating six times a day. try to get cut and it's going very well as I have a surfing trip to Costa Rica in March. the thing is eating six times a day I'm never hi grey always feel full and the results are starting to show
That's great to hear.

People often underestimate how important eating 5-6 "normal sized" meals is for several reasons, one as you mentioned is it helps prevent that hungry feeling associated with dieting, It takes roughly 2 1/2 hours to digest a meal so by the time your body is "physically hungry" it's time to eat again. This also keeps insulin levels steady preventing fat storage, provided the meals are not high glycemic, which they shouldn't be. It also allows your body to be fueled properly providing fuel for energy yet by eating smaller frequent meals you burn what you eat rather than storing excess calories as fat. If your diet is structured so you have a small caloric deficit the extra calories needed for your daily expenditure comes from stored fat thus the fat loss.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #1166
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I'm still at it. I started to start a new thread but then you lose al the good previous posts (well not lost, but takes more effort to find them). I have hit a bit of a bump with some sort of lower back strain but I'll figure it out. I plan to go to my dance/exercize class anyway tomorrow & just see how it goes.

I have not tried the above recipe yet. I tried a different one first but I will at some point. If someone else tries it first, let us know how it is. If not I'll give a review when I do. I'm out of protien powder at the moment.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #1167
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
I'm alive! Still ticking away at Crossfit and such... Studing for my NASM and trucking along. Had a injury set me back earlier this month but I'm back at it, trying to make up for lost time... Sorry I dont post often. I post a ton on instagram (kiwifitblog) though if you want to keep up wth me.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:11 AM   #1168
RubyCamaro
Jan

Had to resurect this thread. I posted this in a different thread but no responses:

Okay, I have been a really bad girl. Actually a lot of stuff changed that messed up my workout routine. My job location changed making my commute take a lot longer & in a different direction so the previous classes are now impossible to make. I have been getting home late & very tired, then the time change, anyway... For about a month & a half I have been very sedentary. I had dreaded to get on the scales being sure that going from the pretty intense workouts I had been doing to basicly nothing other than the occasional yard work or car wash/detailing, I must have put on some weight. But actually, I was greatly surprised when I stepped on the scales yesterday. Not one digit of change in weight, body fat, water or muscle! I went for a brisk 1 Hr walk with a few intervals of sprinting interspersed yesterday & got more winded than usual so I can tell I have been inactive in my lungs.

Sooooooo, my food intake has been keeping everything pretty much in check. I have found some classes at the local Y that sound pretty intense & more weight/strength training based which is at this point what I need most. Of course this necessitates joining the Y which will have to wait until next month due to some other recent expenses. So since my current diet is doing good maintainence, if I add 3 days a week of thses classes and 2 days on my own with similar exercizes, what kinds of changes should I make to my food intake?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #1169
RubyCamaro
Jan

Bump!!!
Where are all my weight loss buds! Come back!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #1170
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Bump!!!
Where are all my weight loss buds! Come back!!!
I'm still here, lurking in the background .lol
Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #1171
RubyCamaro
Jan

Guidance requested. See post above.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #1172
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Guidance requested. See post above.
It all depends what your current goals are. I wouldn't change anything for a week or two after you start your exercise routine. If you are still somewhat focused on fat loss then by adding exercise again you will be creating a caloric deficit which is needed for fat loss. If you have different goals such as gaining lean mass then you may have to increase your caloric intake but rather than act prematurely I would see what the results are after a week or two then if needed make adjustments.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #1173
RubyCamaro
Jan

That makes sense. To answer goals though, I still have some small fatty deposits & want gone but it is to the point that I suspect I will be better served building some muscle mass to help me better gradually reduce the remaining bits of fat. My legs are already pretty muscular though a bit more wouldn't hurt there. I need to strengthen & build my arms, back, abs & core generally. My arms have always been my weakest link (though I am stronger than I look). My arms are VERY skinny.