Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Do you like to cruise or do you like to rip around or race? Only you cna answer this question!

For me, a sound system is nice......but I will not sacrafice performance for the added weight of subs, amps ect.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah this is true and I guess the intake and an exhaust will be a good start probably ordering the intake on Wednesday

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
tough decisions..
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
GM should do what they did to the Z/28 in all the camaro's from now ON!

1-uno-one-single- SPEAKER, the system is the pipes under the car! Period! and the volume is under your RIGHT foot. Questions?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
Pluto

Ill have volume again when I finally get my car back...I was told the end of next week!

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
I had the K&N. I swapped it out for the ADM with scoop and went faster in worst weather. Worth the wait.

I wouldn't be concerned about the car falling apart. A few people have had issues with the rears but once they are fixed, they are good to go.
^^+1 like Juice2ss said, don't baby your car Bc your afraid it can't take it. These cars can take a beating!!! I drive mine HARD, race it HARD, and blast over 2000 watts thru the trunk too!! I don't believe in moderation lol. I want my performance AND my stereo!
BUT when I'm in track season, the big speaker box and subS come out and performance takes precedence!

Right now it's too hot for track trips so im in cruise mode with A/C and tunes!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
^^+1 like Juice2ss said, don't baby your car Bc your afraid it can't take it. These cars can take a beating!!! I drive mine HARD, race it HARD, and blast over 2000 watts thru the trunk too!! I don't believe in moderation lol. I want my performance AND my stereo!
BUT when I'm in track season, the big speaker box and subS come out and performance takes precedence!

Right now it's too hot for track trips so im in cruise mode with A/C and tunes!
That's what I'm sayin lol I just got a little discouraged when a rear unit was needed at 4,100 miles.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Go fast mods! Stereo's just make you slower.. Also I would save up a tad more and shoot for a better intake system than the K&N. The Roto-Fab intake system is a great value and if you can swing it the Cold Air Inductions Intake system is boss. Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Pluto

PM sent!