Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #29
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Actually I just read the shipping options on their website. They do offer other shipping for Hawaii, Alaska ,and military. I didn't see it before. I clicked for military address and it is $17.99. This I can handle. Plus if I put in the Camaro5 code I save some more.

I guess when using my phone for internet stuff I don't read everything. My apologies. I should be ordering this towel sometime today.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #30
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
have you tested this on getting bug guts off the front of the car after its been washed
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #31
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
So thanks to CamaroDreams review, I went to my car shampoo place to pick up the towel. But, they only had the "Medium" grade towel (blue towel). After reading up on Todd's thread, I decided to walk out with no towel in hand :(

This ain't over...

Name:  angry-dark-stare-l.png
Views: 813
Size:  116.2 KB
Old 07-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #32
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
Mad props to CamaroDreams for this review and many, many others that have helped my decision making process and fed my detailing addiction. And thanks to Autopia for my second order with many future orders already in the planning.

I wanted to refresh and hone my paint correction skills on a daily driver prior to tackling my new SS. The Wife's DD is a Escalade with over 70K on it. There is nothing small about the Escalade (with the exception of the oil filter - same filter as the Camaro btw). I started to clay a couple panels and lost my patience fast. The Speedy Surface Prep Towel is just that - Speedy. It does every bit as good a job as the clay bar and does it 10x as fast. Top quality product that is my new fav. Faster claying leads to more time on the PC correcting the scratches and swirls.

The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #33
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #34
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Mad props to CamaroDreams for this review and many, many others that have helped my decision making process and fed my detailing addiction. And thanks to Autopia for my second order with many future orders already in the planning.

I wanted to refresh and hone my paint correction skills on a daily driver prior to tackling my new SS. The Wife's DD is a Escalade with over 70K on it. There is nothing small about the Escalade (with the exception of the oil filter - same filter as the Camaro btw). I started to clay a couple panels and lost my patience fast. The Speedy Surface Prep Towel is just that - Speedy. It does every bit as good a job as the clay bar and does it 10x as fast. Top quality product that is my new fav. Faster claying leads to more time on the PC correcting the scratches and swirls.

Nice! Glad you like it as much as I do
--When was the last time you read the Constitution?--
Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #35
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:

When I ordered my Nanoskin I didn't realize that there are medium and fine versions of it so after I saw the reviews where there was paint marring I returned it for some Wolf's Body Wrap and planned to stick with clay. Once all my clay is depleted, though, I have a feeling I'll be trying this out - just have to make sure I get the fine version.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #36
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:

Cool thanks for the review and the business. Remember to use Camaro5 in the coupon box to save 10% as well!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I wanted to say thanks so much for reviewing (love all your reviews) this product as this is one of THE BEST (if not the best) detailing products I have ever purchased!

Based on your review I ordered one from Autopia and it showed up today. Anxious to try it I ran outside and did my hood and all I can say is holy shizzzz, this towel is the bomb! I am far from the detailing expert and was never, ever able to fully get my paint smooth with clay no matter what I did, but 5 minutes with this towel and my hood was perfectly smooth and the paint looked so clean, almost had a different color. I finished off with a quick Adams polishing and seal, will toss a coat of Americana on tomorrow. This weekend I plan to do the rest of the car.

This towel does all the work, with little to no effort. I found no marring like I would get with clay and after the baggie test there was absolutely ZERO contamination. I was totally shocked as clay never got may paint 100%.

I will never use clay again (except for small imperfections) and highly recommend this to everyone.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I wanted to say thanks so much for reviewing (love all your reviews) this product as this is one of THE BEST (if not the best) detailing products I have ever purchased!

Based on your review I ordered one from Autopia and it showed up today. Anxious to try it I ran outside and did my hood and all I can say is holy shizzzz, this towel is the bomb! I am far from the detailing expert and was never, ever able to fully get my paint smooth with clay no matter what I did, but 5 minutes with this towel and my hood was perfectly smooth and the paint looked so clean, almost had a different color. I finished off with a quick Adams polishing and seal, will toss a coat of Americana on tomorrow. This weekend I plan to do the rest of the car.

This towel does all the work, with little to no effort. I found no marring like I would get with clay and after the baggie test there was absolutely ZERO contamination. I was totally shocked as clay never got may paint 100%.

I will never use clay again (except for small imperfections) and highly recommend this to everyone.
Glad you had such positive results!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #39
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Hey this is not a knock against Todd at Autopia or any other forum sponsor out there. This is just me trying to save my Camaro buddies on shipping.

If you order from Autogeek and your cart is over 50 dollars, then you use the coupon code "ship" you get FREE SHIPPING if you are in the Continental US.

If you like to order from Autopia, you can call them and tell them this, and they will price match. So for the poster who was in Illinois, this is another route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Try $34.95 to Hawaii. The shipping is the only thing keeping me from ordering this towel. I tried putting in parents zip code in Illinois (which is 4,200 miles closer to Florida) same shipping according the the site $34.95.
And back to the main thread, CamaroDreams, thanks for the review. My order was placed yesterday for this!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Last edited by ihaveacamaro; 08-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #40
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
you can get the towel for like $55 shipped and the towel and clay lube for $65 shipped.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I'm not in Illinois, I'm in Hawaii. I corrected myself after looking deeper into the order and shipping part of the site.

Actually I just read the shipping options on their website. They do offer other shipping for Hawaii, Alaska ,and military. I didn't see it before. I clicked for military address and it is $17.99. This I can handle. Plus if I put in the Camaro5 code I save some more.

I guess when using my phone for internet stuff I don't read everything. My apologies. I should be ordering this towel sometime today.[/QUOTE]
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Great review, gotta try this. More important though...who is the Goddess in Kiss My SS's av?
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote