Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #29
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Please read my post carefully.

The price for the RS package on an SS does not include a wheel upgrade. ALL SS NON 1LE HAVE THE SAME WHEELS! RS changes the wheel finish. The majority of the price for the RS package is the headlights. PERIOD!

Please stop trying to tell people the RS is a waste of money or that they should get two sets of wheels. The V6 models get a wheel upgrade with RS. The RS package also comes at a higher premium because of that. Read up on the packages before spewing incorrect "facts" on people's threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks newb. I'm done.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Ozzy may be on the far end of what can go wrong but it could happen to anyone. Many people have had a much better/easier experience. But I have no problems buying piece of mind. That's what factory RS gave me. Could I have a cooler aftermarket setup? Absolutely! Will require more work and have 0 warranty? Absolutely as well.
Well, that's not entirely true...my parts do have their own warranties, just not through GM. Anyway, OP, refer back to my longer post and decide what's best for you. I went the route I did because I didn't want the RS package, specifically the painted roof ditch, and wanted to be able to play with the colors of my halos.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Okay so here is the question. My dealer is getting a 1LE in a few days, and I have been bugging him for it. It is a 2SS 1LE, dual mode exhausts in black with black interior. Not RS so I'm bummed about the headlights but the colors are what I want.

The real question is whether I should wait for 2014. Do you guys think their will be any cool updates to the 2014 on the interior of the engine, or even the front dealer installed splitter. The hood is different I know, but are there any other rumored changes that might make me wait?

No taillight discussions please, thats another whole thread.

Jim
Greetings,

Glad to hear of your considerations Jim. Please keep us updated on what your final decision will be! Either way, I'm positive that you will satisfied with what you select.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
greezychef

Drives: 2011 Silverado, 2011 GTI
okay, so long time lurker, newly subscribed cause I have a question.

The 2014 6.2 in the corvette is upgraded, the 6.2 in the 2014 silverado is also upgraded. Is it safe to say that the 2014 ss might also see an increase in performance?

their is a 2013 EXACTLY how i would' ve ordered one about 40 miles away. Should i jump on it or wait? decisions.
greezychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #33
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
2013 versus 2014 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezychef View Post

The 2014 6.2 in the corvette is upgraded, the 6.2 in the 2014 silverado is also upgraded. Is it safe to say that the 2014 ss might also see an increase in performance?

their is a 2013 EXACTLY how i would' ve ordered one about 40 miles away. Should i jump on it or wait? decisions.
I would not expect a Hp bump. They will not recertify for 1-2 years. Not worth the cost. The Hp bump in the new cars is from a new engine. Not the LS3.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Last edited by newb; 06-12-2013 at 04:24 AM.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Welcome to the forum greezychef,

Thanks for your inquiry and you can always feel free to contact us with questions as well.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
5.3Avalanche

Drives: '08 Silverado, '99 T/A WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Welcome to the forum greezychef,

Thanks for your inquiry and you can always feel free to contact us with questions as well.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
You customer service guys are allowed to answer questions on here too...
It's nice that you guys are here, but I haven't seen one chevy customer service post which has been helpful. Anybody else notice this? If I got paid to surf car forums and help people out, I'd definately go out of my way to answer people's questions and concerns. Heck, all of us do it for free right now!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
5.3Avalanche

Drives: '08 Silverado, '99 T/A WS6
Quote:
Okay so here is the question. My dealer is getting a 1LE in a few days, and I have been bugging him for it. It is a 2SS 1LE, dual mode exhausts in black with black interior. Not RS so I'm bummed about the headlights but the colors are what I want.

The real question is whether I should wait for 2014. Do you guys think their will be any cool updates to the 2014 on the interior of the engine, or even the front dealer installed splitter. The hood is different I know, but are there any other rumored changes that might make me wait?

No taillight discussions please, thats another whole thread.

Jim
The 2014 1LE is using the same LS3 from the 2013 model. Only the new Corvette is getting the new LT1. For 2014 the main changes are:
  • colour HUD
  • colour driver instrumentation panel
  • new exterior colours
  • revised front and rear facias
  • hood extractor slots
  • available recaro bucket seats
  • available blue interior accent package
Other than those things, the 2014 is the same as the 2013.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #37
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:

No. The camaro will most likely get the upgraded 6.2 when they redesign the car. Notice that both the corvette and silverado were redesigned for 2014.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
No. The camaro will most likely get the upgraded 6.2 when they redesign the car. Notice that both the corvette and silverado were redesigned for 2014.
You mean how the Camaro was redesigned in 2014?

But no, the LS3 isn't being updated.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
You mean how the Camaro was redesigned in 2014?

But no, the LS3 isn't being updated.
They were "refreshed" not redesigned.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #40
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.3Avalanche View Post
You customer service guys are allowed to answer questions on here too...
It's nice that you guys are here, but I haven't seen one chevy customer service post which has been helpful. Anybody else notice this? If I got paid to surf car forums and help people out, I'd definately go out of my way to answer people's questions and concerns. Heck, all of us do it for free right now!
that probably because they use the PM's. I had a issue or concern (with my Malibu) that i posted on this board and got a pm from customer service.

They contacted my dealership and while the result didnt change it was at least a shot.

if a tree falls in the forest .... you know the rest..

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8

Last edited by beany323; 06-17-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling and such.
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #41
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Well, that's not entirely true...my parts do have their own warranties, just not through GM. Anyway, OP, refer back to my longer post and decide what's best for you. I went the route I did because I didn't want the RS package, specifically the painted roof ditch, and wanted to be able to play with the colors of my halos.

Thanks to all that contributed to this post with great information. Thanks to OzzySS who took so much time with the great run down on headlights.

Still debating the light change.

I did finally buy the 1LE black on black 2SS non RS. I will first put in some performance upgrades, CAI, Tune, then go from there. I will also add the interior Footwell Led's and indirect LED lighting on the sill plates. I have already added the brushed cup holder and billet accent trim on the radio and other knobs on dash.

Also interestingly enough I like the matt finish vinyl wrap on hood. Though I may take it off and have the center raised cowl done in the same kind of flat black that people paint their cars with. It has just a touch of sheen. Will look great with those emblem pro 1LE emblems.

Anybody seen anyone do something like that?

I can't say enough about the 1LE. Wow, awesome. I get all kinds of compliments.

My favorite things about the car
Handles incredible.
Super nice tranny and shifter
Engine sounds through multimode exhaust.
Grip of the tires.
Great street combo of driveability and go. I can shift in most cases: 1,3, 5 or if I don't slow too much 2,4,5.
Car feels like more quality than the price tag.
Great paint on these Camaros.

Again thanks to all.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks to all that contributed to this post with great information. Thanks to OzzySS who took so much time with the great run down on headlights.

Still debating the light change.

I did finally buy the 1LE black on black 2SS non RS. I will first put in some performance upgrades, CAI, Tune, then go from there. I will also add the interior Footwell Led's and indirect LED lighting on the sill plates. I have already added the brushed cup holder and billet accent trim on the radio and other knobs on dash.

Also interestingly enough I like the matt finish vinyl wrap on hood. Though I may take it off and have the center raised cowl done in the same kind of flat black that people paint their cars with. It has just a touch of sheen. Will look great with those emblem pro 1LE emblems.

Anybody seen anyone do something like that?

I can't say enough about the 1LE. Wow, awesome. I get all kinds of compliments.

My favorite things about the car
Handles incredible.
Super nice tranny and shifter
Engine sounds through multimode exhaust.
Grip of the tires.
Great street combo of driveability and go. I can shift in most cases: 1,3, 5 or if I don't slow too much 2,4,5.
Car feels like more quality than the price tag.
Great paint on these Camaros.

Again thanks to all.

Jim
Congrats on your purchase

I think u made a great choice!! i like the 13's over the 14's as well..

I'm also glad to see that i'm not the only one who went from a 13 LT to the 1LE

I've hated on the hood wrap up until i picked mine up.. and now i doubt i'm ever gonna remove it.. can't say i have seen a hood like the one you've described...

Also amazed at all the compliments.. one guy said it was the best one he's ever seen.. guess he doesn't know it's stock.. cool to get that compliment even tho it is

anyways, enjoy your ride and ill see you on the boards! congrats again!
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote