Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS L99
What's next?

Hey guys. I wanted to get your opinion on what to do next performance wise. I already got kooks stepped headers, CAI cold air intake, corsa cat back exhaust, and dyno tuned. What can I do next that could get me good numbers. Not looking to do a cam right now. Thanks guys!
TSW Donington 22" Matte Black / Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust / Kooks Signature Stepped Headers 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" / High Flow Cats / Custom Tune / CAI Cold Air Intake / BMR 1" Lowering Springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Heritage Grill / Havoc Rear Diffuser
mikester0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Scoop for your CAI? Nice little hp boost there.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
What made you go with the stepped headers?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Scoop for your CAI? Nice little hp boost there.
I was thinking about that but wasn't sure if I wanted to do all the grinding and all that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
What made you go with the stepped headers?
Read a bunch of good reviews on them and read that they produced a little more HP that standard headers.
TSW Donington 22" Matte Black / Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust / Kooks Signature Stepped Headers 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" / High Flow Cats / Custom Tune / CAI Cold Air Intake / BMR 1" Lowering Springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Heritage Grill / Havoc Rear Diffuser
Old 12-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
I was thinking about that but wasn't sure if I wanted to do all the grinding and all that work.

Read a bunch of good reviews on them and read that they produced a little more HP that standard headers.
Not sure what else you can do really...I mean you have the whole world of suspension parts? Are you not lowered yet? That's like a must.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:

I see that you had the car tuned, did the tuner tell you that you gained from the stepped headers? I read that they are better too if you're planning on going to add crazy horsepower. Is there a difference in price?

Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Not sure what else you can do really...I mean you have the whole world of suspension parts? Are you not lowered yet? That's like a must.
Not done suspension yet. Any pros on doing suspension? I know the cons in Miami are scrapping every speed bumb I go over!

Quote:
I see that you had the car tuned, did the tuner tell you that you gained from the stepped headers? I read that they are better too if you're planning on going to add crazy horsepower. Is there a difference in price?
Really cant tell because I did not have normal headers to test and compare with.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Couple hundred bucks more I believe.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Couple hundred bucks more I believe.
Did you have them coated too? what did you pay for them?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not done suspension yet. Any pros on doing suspension? I know the cons in Miami are scrapping every speed bumb I go over!

Better handeling, less wheel hop, better hooking, many things. Do you plan on racing or showing off? If you're just showing off then just grab yourself some BMR 1.4in drop springs from Apex or another vendor...that will give your car a much more aggressive low stance. I love my BMR's. Love the lower stance. Definitely can tell a big change in handling on corners.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Better handeling, less wheel hop, better hooking, many things. Do you plan on racing or showing off? If you're just showing off then just grab yourself some BMR 1.4in drop springs from Apex or another vendor...that will give your car a much more aggressive low stance. I love my BMR's. Love the lower stance. Definitely can tell a big change in handling on corners.
I really don't race the car and don't plan on it. Mostly just for show and sound. Will it really handle that much better? Im iffy on them because I have a feeling that im going to start scraping everything!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
I really don't race the car and don't plan on it. Mostly just for show and sound. Will it really handle that much better? Im iffy on them because I have a feeling that im going to start scraping everything!
Oh yeah there is definitely an improvement...you will notice. You will scrape your front air deflector often on driveway curbs...but that's what it's there for lol. As for scraping the actual fascia I haven't had an issue. If you don't want to be that low then go with BMR's 1.4in front/1.0in back drops...that's what I have. If you go 1.4 on the fronts and backs then it will be considerably lower. So the 1.4/1.0s would probably be perfect for you.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #13
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Reducing your unsprung and rotational weight. Wheels brake rotors driveshaft etc. The scoop is a nice little add on and easy diy dont forget the washer bottle relocate. Replacing various bushings is a great and relatively inexpensive suspension upgrade.

Gen5diy.com has a lot of diy type goodies if you want to check that out.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
I'd do a scoop. Isn't really a big deal to install. A few good install threads for it exist. I used tin snips to cut the plastic, instead of a Dremel or cutting tool, and it was an easy and clean install. Cheapest HP per dollar mod you can do at this point.

I'd also recommend a Vmax ported throttle body. Not much HP gain, if any, but fabulous throttle response. Big difference over stock. Simple bolt-on mod that can be done in minutes.

JMHO...but whatever you decide to do, keep enjoying that ride!
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote