Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
1badbish
GODDESS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
University of Maryland College Park Spring Meet 2011

I usually go every year. About a thousand cars show up of all types. American and Import (more so Imports). But its fun and now its a bigger parking lot (fedex field).

2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity
hosted by College Park Tuning
• Thousands of different cars
• Dyno pulls
• Live DJ
• 50/50 Raffle
• Raffle Prizes

We will be asking for 1 non-perishable food item per person (if you have more bring them) after you enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org/).

Fedex Field Parking Lots E and F between Arena Dr and Redskins Rd
*We have 6,200 spaces so unlike past years I don't think we will have parking issues*
Layout
http://www.collegeparktuning.com/showthread.php?t=2909
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, May 1st, 2011

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm. I know some of you might show up early but remember this year we have 6,200 spaces instead of 2,300
We usually start packing things up at 7pm

Food
Still working on this but you should be able to bring your own grill. NO DUMPING COAL AT FEDEX.

Dyno
• $75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to collegeparktuning@gmail.com or follow this link. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Reserving Space
The people have spoken and if you want to reserve space for your club or group you need to contact us and give us an approximate head count by April 22nd. If you want to have a tent for your group there is a fee associated with that (Fedex's fee, not mine). If you put up a tent and don't pay this fee you will have to take it down.

Basic Rules
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No tents (unless your group contacts me, Fedex requires us to pay a tent permit fee)
3. No alcohol
4. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
5. Chairs are permitted everywhere but no taking up parking spaces with them
6. No saving spaces (Unless your group or forum contacts us before hand at collegeparktuning@gmail.com)
7. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and cameras are rolling 24/7 at Fedex

FAQ thread
http://www.collegeparktuning.com/showthread.php?t=2908

If any shops want to sponsor this event and have space just email us

The Last five years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

Any questions Email: COLLEGEPARKTUNING@gmail.com
Old 04-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
camarogreen

Drives: camaro
I will be there this year, gonna get there early to aviod the traffic in
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
hopefully im gonna make it
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
RoyalKev

Im down I go every year hot as sheeeeet every year tho lol. We should all cruise up there together.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
camarogreen

Drives: camaro
yea that would be a great idea, name the spot and I will try and be there. just update the post a few days before as a reminder
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
I will try depending on the work load my professors put on me that week.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
that will be good for a cruise up there. If i take off Im there.
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
RoyalKev

I always see groups of cars parked next to each other every year, last year there was like a million g35,g37s lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
moodi

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
we will be there we are 15+ cars american and german cars
moodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Dang....i may have to come check this out!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
Rob191288

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Dang....i may have to come check this out!

+1
Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
1badbish
GODDESS

I am sad to inform everyone that the CPT Spring Car show that would have been Sunday May 1st is going to have to be cancelled. It makes me sick to have to do this but it must be done. At the last minute (Thursday) Fedex informed me they finally read the documents UMD sent them 2 weeks ago and that we did not have enough insurance coverage for this event. I said ok, I will appeal to UMD and then contact Fedex back. I appealed to UMD and they said they would not raise the coverage since this event is off campus. I tried contacting the person I was working with to try and buy insurance through Fedex but she never responded or picked up or picked up her phone. I tried contacting other people at Fedex and they didn't respond/pick up either. I drove over to Fedex and everyone important was away at the NFL draft. It really kills me to have to cancel what could have been the largest car meet on the east coast with some of the best car people around. So please do not show up to Fedex Field May 1st and I only hope that everyone can forgive us and come out to our future events in order to help feed the less fortunate through MAarthas Table.

PS- All sponsores who paid for spaces will have there money refunded to them.

Apologies,
College Park Tuning
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
RoyalKev

Guhhhh so whack every ones blown
Old 05-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badbish View Post
I am sad to inform everyone that the CPT Spring Car show that would have been Sunday May 1st is going to have to be cancelled. It makes me sick to have to do this but it must be done. At the last minute (Thursday) Fedex informed me they finally read the documents UMD sent them 2 weeks ago and that we did not have enough insurance coverage for this event. I said ok, I will appeal to UMD and then contact Fedex back. I appealed to UMD and they said they would not raise the coverage since this event is off campus. I tried contacting the person I was working with to try and buy insurance through Fedex but she never responded or picked up or picked up her phone. I tried contacting other people at Fedex and they didn't respond/pick up either. I drove over to Fedex and everyone important was away at the NFL draft. It really kills me to have to cancel what could have been the largest car meet on the east coast with some of the best car people around. So please do not show up to Fedex Field May 1st and I only hope that everyone can forgive us and come out to our future events in order to help feed the less fortunate through MAarthas Table.

PS- All sponsores who paid for spaces will have there money refunded to them.

Apologies,
College Park Tuning
Ain't this some Fraggle Nackle Buuuuuuull Ish.......i was actually looking forward to this too! Good thing i got called in to work that day cause i would have been over at Fedex lookin like a Homeless Camaro owner...LOL!