Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #113
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN-IV View Post
I would walk before I purchased anything from Hyundai. Anyone considering a Genesis instead of a Camaro does not deserve to be a Bowtie owner.
Just looking thru this thread, I'd be ashamed to have a new camaro and be associated with most of them owners.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #114
kellertxgen5

Drives: 2LT RS - Black w' black 21's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
Just looking thru this thread, I'd be ashamed to have a new camaro and be associated with most of them owners.
Why would you be ashamed to be associated with anyone on this thread?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #115
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 View Post
Why would you be ashamed to be associated with anyone on this thread?
Read what I said, and then look at the quote I was replying to. Should explain it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #116
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
The genesis run on regular Also, the Genesis biggest advantage is it's weight advantage, equal mods and equal power and it is always going to be quicker. I would easily take a Genesis V6 over a Camaro V8, but I want a V8 so i am looking into the 1SS.
So essentually, it's even, except 200CC's only give the Coupe a 2 HP advantage. That is just likely tune, but the difference will be negligible. In a race yes weight certainly is the only real difference. At the end of the day Whomever has more more money to drop in there car is going to win. Stock for Stock, the Camaro V6 is going to lose this battle.
(Strickly talking day at the track here)

"I would easily take a Genesis V6 over a Camaro V8, but I want a V8 so i am looking into the 1SS"

That is the most confusing sentence I have ever seen....
I don't understand how you can say on the one hand "I would take the Genesis V6" over "a Camaro V8" and then say "I am looking into the SS"....

It's kinda like "Well I could of had What I think is the better vehicle, but I think instead I will take the inferior one"

NOTE : Not saying one is inferior to the other, just trying to understand....
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #117
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
them owners? hm...anyway you are letting a few owners make your mind up for all the owners. This is a camaro site, we like camaros here, crazy, i know. every other car specific forum is no different, they rip the competitors to shreds.

i suppose you belong to the group that believes that every Camaro owner has a mullet too?

not trying to bash you, but i think i am a great person to be associated with, and i will be a Camaro owner in September
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #118
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

K I can see people are not understanding whom I am referring too. I am talking about the ones bashing the genesis. I don't mind the other camaro owners whom are true car enthusiasts. The ones that appreciate a nice car. I really just think people need to get over the "It's a hyundai" belief. So what! they did a good job with the car. For it being a hyundai it has balls. Who would of thought Hyundai would of came out with something like this? Whether people like it or not, this Hyundai will beat quite a few stock street cars, including the v6 camaro.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #119
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
i can see if it was a v6 againg v6 with no track pack

I wonder how many have the track pack? It seems like t he track package was just put in there to kill its competitors, To me it would be like GM offering a factory V6 Supercharger. and then saying the v6 camaro will destroy the genesis because it was a factory option and not a Aftermarket setup
well maybe not like that but you get the idea

Once you say well if i modded either of the 2 cars its Apples to Oranges

the Genesis is really small compared to the camaro
Old 07-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #120
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

comparing the track package to a supercharger is a bad comparison. Lol. Thats like the whole ford vs chevy feud. The SVT Cobra has a 4.6 s/c engine, and thats true, well the chevy has a 5.7 or a 6.0 ect... Believe it or not, it's hard to get ahold of the track packages right now.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #121
drivingincamaro

Quote:
comparing the track package to a supercharger is a bad comparison. Lol. Thats like the whole ford vs chevy feud. The SVT Cobra has a 4.6 s/c engine, and thats true, well the chevy has a 5.7 or a 6.0 ect... Believe it or not, it's hard to get ahold of the track packages right now.
yeah lol

If you buy a car for Just Performance your in the wrong market

the genesis looks cool and New but the camaro takes the Cake in Looks

I was considering the Gen coupe a while back but im staying with the Cam
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #122
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

I love the new camaro, just hate a few things about it. I hate the grill, think they could of done a better job on that, the taillights kinda look funny, and they went cheap on the interior. I absolutely love the v8 power, but the genesis coupe is a sharp looking car, and can't go wrong with a v6 that has 306 hp, with a promising performance outlook, oh and has a manual. I have even considered a new g8 gt as of lately, and do the full bolt ons, as well as a supercharger.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #123
kellertxgen5

yeah some people are kind of crazy about their car brands and might make some outlandish statements.

I stand by my statement that the genesis is "lacking in looks" (to put it nicely). You can call it fast all you want and we can't argue that it's a little faster than the v6 camaro, but I still think it's "lacking in looks". If me saying that means you wouldnt want to associate with me as a camaro owner because I think your car is "lacking in looks" then maybe you should go to the Genesis board where everyone there likes the Genesis.

I bought the v6 camaro b/c it's the total package: looks, gas mileage, performance, gadgets (good luck getting xm/onstar in your genesis), comfort, style, etc. If I wanted to buy the fastest v6 on the road I wouldn't be buying a camaro, but I bought the car I LOVE.

I'm glad you love your car, and I'm sorry some people here upset you by bashing Hyundai. But if you are looking for people to praise the Genesis you're in the wrong place.

thanks for sharing your opinions!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #124
drivingincamaro

Quote:
I love the new camaro, just hate a few things about it. I hate the grill, think they could of done a better job on that, the taillights kinda look funny, and they went cheap on the interior. I absolutely love the v8 power, but the genesis coupe is a sharp looking car, and can't go wrong with a v6 that has 306 hp, with a promising performance outlook, oh and has a manual. I have even considered a new g8 gt as of lately, and do the full bolt ons, as well as a supercharger.
well you could probably get a new grille and a Dmw interior (Indrpowrs car)
the tail lights could of been a little better but I like them
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #125
kellertxgen5

Please explain how Chevrolet "went cheap on the interior"??????????
Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #126
kellertxgen5

Interior Pics
Attached Images