Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
IronHead84

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels SS2 Camaro
Supercharger question

I was thinking about ordering a supercharger through SLP and having a local SLP dealer/ chevrolet dealership install it. Does anyone know if I take it to the dealership and since they deal the parts if this would void my warranty? I know when I had my silverado you could buy the truck have them add the suspension later and it would still be a warrantied product since they installed it, so just curious if i should waste my time and money with the dealership or not. If not does anyone know of a good shop around Columbia that would treat me right
IronHead84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Probably more a question for your dealer to clarify....but you'll probably have to buy the supplemental warranty through SLP (and use their tune, and keep the rest of the drive-train stock)...also, I doubt it's a 5yr/100k warranty like the factory warranty is.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
If you buy the Stage 1 SC from SLP and have your Chevy dealer or certified GM tech install it, you can purchase either a 3/36K or 5/100K warranty from SLP. But you have to leave it at Stage 1. I was actually the first west coast SLP install in Cali by a dealer.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHead84 View Post
I was thinking about ordering a supercharger through SLP and having a local SLP dealer/ chevrolet dealership install it. Does anyone know if I take it to the dealership and since they deal the parts if this would void my warranty? I know when I had my silverado you could buy the truck have them add the suspension later and it would still be a warrantied product since they installed it, so just curious if i should waste my time and money with the dealership or not. If not does anyone know of a good shop around Columbia that would treat me right

You can buy it from one of the Vendors on here and save a lot of money. SLP will sell it for top dollar.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote