Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
SCT data logging with analog wideband

My firewire is plugged into my analong output on my wideband module and is grounded to the negative post on my battery ( i was told the ground is very important)
Now I am trying to figure out the proper formula for acurate logging. My pillar gauge reads 14.8 at idle. After entering the formula (v*5)+3, the log records an average of 14.89.
Can I get some input as to whether I did this correctly? Is this accurate enough?
If not, what my next move?
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
a/f sounds pretty close.

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
fourmz
Fourmz

Great! I was hoping someone would say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
a/f sounds pretty close.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Go into liveLink config and select.....tools......equations and select the type of wideband you have installed. For example an AEM is (V*2)+10. A wideband is useless for measuring AFR at idle or even cruise for that matter. It is only accurate during WOT. Normally the reading jumps around quite erratically in closed loop operation.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
fourmz
Fourmz

When i go to the equations i do not see any menu of widebands, just a space to enter my own equations. Any idea where i could find the correct equation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
Go into liveLink config and select.....tools......equations and select the type of wideband you have installed. For example an AEM is (V*2)+10. A wideband is useless for measuring AFR at idle or even cruise for that matter. It is only accurate during WOT. Normally the reading jumps around quite erratically in closed loop operation.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
fourmz
Fourmz

I did happen to find that my analog wideband has a linear wideband output of 0 to 5 volts. Should i use the same equation as the AEM wideband?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
I did happen to find that my analog wideband has a linear wideband output of 0 to 5 volts. Should i use the same equation as the AEM wideband?
Which brand AFR gauge?

SCT has a list of Equations for most brands of AFR gauges.

Are you using an X3 or X4.

I believe both have a list of AFR gauges stored in the device.

I believe it is also in the software.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
When i go to the equations i do not see any menu of widebands, just a space to enter my own equations. Any idea where i could find the correct equation?
If you are using a SCT3 when you select equations, you will see "pre set equations" click on the down arrow and you will see a list of wide band types. Select the appropriate one and then click the green arrow at the analog one location. This will put the chosen preset equation in the analog one box.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #9
fourmz
Fourmz

I have a Glow Shift wideband. It doesn't show up in the preset equations dropdown box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Which brand AFR gauge?

SCT has a list of Equations for most brands of AFR gauges.

Are you using an X3 or X4.

I believe both have a list of AFR gauges stored in the device.

I believe it is also in the software.

Ted.