Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Matt_RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Louder/deeper exhaust

I have mrt 2.0 exhaust on my car rn and looking to do something new to my car. I love the way it sounds now but from what i hear headers make a big difference. Does long tube headers really make that big of a difference? Also what r other ways to change up ur exhaust?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RS View Post
I have mrt 2.0 exhaust on my car rn and looking to do something new to my car. I love the way it sounds now but from what i hear headers make a big difference. Does long tube headers really make that big of a difference? Also what r other ways to change up ur exhaust?
Yes they do.

They will take what you have, and amplify it, make it more aggressive, more throaty, more growl, but also very loud and very raspy in the high rpms.

If it were me, I'd recommend LTs and replacing the stock H pipe with a magnaflow resonated X muffler.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
With Long Tube headers, a tune is usually recommended. I ran with no tune and LT's for about a year, no problems, but you will have a CEL.