Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #1415
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS

Sorry, can't let it go,

Doug, that's a great looking azz...

, the cars....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #1416
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Wing looks killer on an already killer car, stance is perfect too (like SSE said nice asre, on the whip that is I know you're a model and all posing barefoot with litho in hand he he). #1 CGM WORD!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #1417
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Yeah, this thing really makes the back end that much better.

I was going to go with Roberts GM Dove Tail, as my original photoshops always had that Dale esque theme to them. I LOVE the Dale car. But with the MPD1 coming along, it was tough to decide. I like both of them. I think with the GM dove tail, I'd need that lower rear valance. ...just to kind of even out the back. Still looks good and I still like it, but this one did it for me. Plus, Dana ordered it for me for my bday and just did it...lol

Now...

For the front splitter and my exterior mods should be done!!!

(for now!!!)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #1418
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I rather like your choice!

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #1419
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Looks great in pictures, but I know just how much better it looks in person. I pulled up to a call yesterday. CGM vert with blacked out tail lights and blacked out bowtie. I just had to sit there and stare (and had IOM interior).

I've seen that look in pictures before, but not in person. I have to say, in person is that much better. I started contemplating blacking out my rear tail lights... It seems that that's really the only RED I have on the car. But, I have no other blacked out stuff on the car or really any black anywhere. Other than that, it's the silver, CGM, and blue on the back (with the chrome bezels).

I was thinking of something to spruce it up. But, I might just leave it alone. Right now, I have this issue that's been kicking my butt.....

My front tires are bald.

I need new ones.

I don't want another set of 8" wide tires.

I want wider tires...
...hence wider rims...

which would mean I'd have to get two more SLP ZL wheels 20x9's from Dave ... AND ... have them painted.

But, I want wider rears. So, I keep thinking to myself,

First, I don't have the money for the tires, let alone anything else
Second, I NEED new tires. So, do I just get some wider tires for now and toss them on wider rims later or...

get the rims, ship them off to be widened, paint them when they get back, get ALL new tires..

nah...I'm going to stop myself right there. I'm screwed...

I think I'll just get new front tires for now that are a TINY bit wider and call it a day. Later in the future, if we run into some cash, we'll get it fixed then.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #1420
Darth_Emma

I have a set of 22s (22x9 and 22x11) with tires and sensors that will be for sale soon. They look fab on CGM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #1421
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ummmm.....

Nah, I'm not going anything over 20"

Thanks for the offer, though.

I either want to widen mine to 9's in front and 11's in back or get a new set all together when I get the cash.

Fixed the front right endlink today which was totally stripped. No more front end banging what so ever.

I changed the front end links back to stock. Perfect.

With that, and just for kicks, I changed the rear end links back to stock. While doing that, I found the rear left lower endlink was also stripped. After changing them out, still had the plinking sound. No idea what it can be then.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #1422
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ummmm.....

Nah, I'm not going anything over 20"

Thanks for the offer, though.

I either want to widen mine to 9's in front and 11's in back or get a new set all together when I get the cash.

Fixed the front right endlink today which was totally stripped. No more front end banging what so ever.

I changed the front end links back to stock. Perfect.

With that, and just for kicks, I changed the rear end links back to stock. While doing that, I found the rear left lower endlink was also stripped. After changing them out, still had the plinking sound. No idea what it can be then.
I wasn't really serious about the wheels.

About the plinking... Did you put in toe links? I've heard of after-market toe links doing that.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #1423
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Just a sway bar in the rear now. Nothing else...and it's still "plinking."
Old 07-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #1424
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, I changed out the Hurst shifter yesterday. Apparently, there was the issue of the bushings, but I also had some sort of internal shifter issue. There was really no tension in the shifter at all. With the new shifter, it actually takes a good bit of pressure to move the shifter around. With the one I pulled out, I could flop it all around...spin it...no problem. It was strange. Why it worked like that, I have no idea. I'm sending it back for them to look at as they say if it's what I think it is, it'll be the first time they've seen the bushing fail.

But, took out the rear sway, removed the grease, taped it up, put the new end links in...still plinks. ...damnit. I think I need to talk to Chris some more about these coil sleeves.... maybe that will solve it.

Car goes in the shop tomorrow for paint. When I took off the rear stock spoiler, I found I had the same problem as a lot of others. The paint at the rear right on the deck lid was all scratched up. Now that I have the new spoiler on, it's obvious. So, I have to get that fixed.

Joy...getting up in 7 hours to go to the dealer. *yawn*
Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #1425
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Well, I changed out the Hurst shifter yesterday. Apparently, there was the issue of the bushings, but I also had some sort of internal shifter issue. There was really no tension in the shifter at all. With the new shifter, it actually takes a good bit of pressure to move the shifter around. With the one I pulled out, I could flop it all around...spin it...no problem. It was strange. Why it worked like that, I have no idea. I'm sending it back for them to look at as they say if it's what I think it is, it'll be the first time they've seen the bushing fail.

But, took out the rear sway, removed the grease, taped it up, put the new end links in...still plinks. ...damnit. I think I need to talk to Chris some more about these coil sleeves.... maybe that will solve it.

Car goes in the shop tomorrow for paint. When I took off the rear stock spoiler, I found I had the same problem as a lot of others. The paint at the rear right on the deck lid was all scratched up. Now that I have the new spoiler on, it's obvious. So, I have to get that fixed.

Joy...getting up in 7 hours to go to the dealer. *yawn*
Do your springs have the tubing?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #1426
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Nope. But hopefully that'll fix it
Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #1427
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
OK!

It's nearly 3am and I finally found my way back!
Nice! Happy Birthday!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #1428
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm postin' police strobes in you thread! Loved your LEO notebook!

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper