Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #71
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Yeah but this thread is about the Camaro in NASCAR Nationwide Series, not Trans am or any other series...talking about those others is off topic. I started this thread I should have some say what is discussed in it, isn't that fair? If you want to talk about those others you can start another thread.
+1
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #72
NASCR3

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS/RS/HURST
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Thats the thing,they didn't want to use the Camaro because of the proportions,but a lot of people were bitching-moaning-groaning-complaining saying...."we want the Camaro on the track"
So here it is
GM should have stuck to their guns and not caved to the "peer pressure." I for one would have understood maintaining and protecting the brand image of Camaro. This car is a major mistake. As I've said previously the Malibu would have made for a much better fit. Especially in the green house.

2G1FT1EW7B9128807

Ordered: 8/6/2010
1100: 8/6/2010
2000: 8/23/2010
2051: 8/10/2010
2500: 8/24/2010
3000: 8/25/2010
3100: 9/8/2010
3300: 9/8/2010
3400: 9/11/2010
3800: 10/4/2010
4000: 10/4/2010
4200: 10/4/2010
5000: 10/13/2010
6000: 10/14/2010
NASCR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCR3 View Post
GM should have stuck to their guns and not caved to the "peer pressure." I for one would have understood maintaining and protecting the brand image of Camaro. This car is a major mistake. As I've said previously the Malibu would have made for a much better fit. Especially in the green house.
The Fans have spoken and Chevy listened......sorry but I disagree that it's a mistake.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #74
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
they need a production model in that color
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #75
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Yeah but this thread is about the Camaro in NASCAR Nationwide Series, not Trans am or any other series...talking about those others is off topic. I started this thread I should have some say what is discussed in it, isn't that fair? If you want to talk about those others you can start another thread.
The topic of this thread is front page news on this site. I don't think anyone can claim it's their own private topic. This is very big news in Camaro World.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #76
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
The topic of this thread is front page news on this site. I don't think anyone can claim it's their own private topic. This is very big news in Camaro World.
So when it makes front page news there is no such thing as an OP?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #77
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Wouldn't be safe at almost 200 MPH. it's more than just stickers now, they have body panels that more closely resemble the actual production cars. not perfect since they still have to meet certian aero and templates specs but alot closer than they have been for the last 20 years.
Who cares, the series doesn't have the balls to push ANY envelopes. Not speed, not tech, not skill. 200mph is far too slow to what nascar should be pushing now. They should have been making the banks steeper and the cars faster to maintain any interest.

Its like the jersey shore of racing. Disgusting, celebrity fueled, garbage. Grand Am and Continental Series is where its at. And we don't even get the 10 hours of nastalk, thank goodness!

And FWIW the majority of people that I've talked to didnt want a nascar camaro. Even all the threads had a high downvote, soo I don't know where people are thinking its peer pressure.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #78
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! Now we can whip on those Mustang boys. Slap a 14 on that and "Lets Go Racing Boys"
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #79
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Who cares, the series doesn't have the balls to push ANY envelopes. Not speed, not tech, not skill. 200mph is far too slow to what nascar should be pushing now. They should have been making the banks steeper and the cars faster to maintain any interest.

Its like the jersey shore of racing. Disgusting, celebrity fueled, garbage.

And FWIW the majority of people that I've talked to didnt want a nascar camaro. Even all the threads had a high downvote, soo I don't know where people are thinking its peer pressure
I'd like to see you get out on the track with 42 other cars and try it one time. No skill? No balls? No tech? Have you ever set up a racecar to be able to go those speeds? How about build a motor that can last 500 to 600 miles going flat out? Lol you know nothing to what you speak. So you think people would like to see cars go 249 mph, get airborne and go up into the stands and kill people. If they used stock bodied cars that is exactly what you would have. There is a lot more technology, skill and bravery than you realize in NASCAR.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #80
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
they need a production model in that color
Made it all the way to post 74 before I finally saw what I expected on post 2 - that color. First the pace car for the Detroit GP shows up in an awesome blue...now this. GM loves to tease us.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #81
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
I'd like to see you get out on the track with 42 other cars and try it one time. No skill? No balls? No tech? Have you ever set up a racecar to be able to go those speeds? How about build a motor that can last 500 to 600 miles going flat out? Lol you know nothing to what you speak. So you think people would like to see cars go 249 mph, get airborne and go up into the stands and kill people. If they used stock bodied cars that is exactly what you would have.
ive been at over 180mph on a bike with 30 other bikes, some within inches of me on both sides, no seatbelt, no roll cage. engine lasted much longer than 600mi flat out (race after race). hell in the 6hr endurance races it didnt have issues either. does that make my opinion worth something now? because i tend to agree with sleepwarz. you can like nascar all you want - but anyone who thinks its not a hick sport is decieving themself. some of us would rather our car not be the new big thing in it.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #82
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
So it's a generic tube frame car with stickers that resemble Camaro lights? Hard to get excited about that kind of "racing". Let's go back to cars right out of the showroom, throw some numbers on them and a cage in them, and let them battle it out! That's what I would watch.
That's the Continental Tire Challenge GS pretty much!

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #83
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
ive been at over 180mph on a bike with 30 other bikes, some within inches of me on both sides, no seatbelt, no roll cage. engine lasted much longer than 600mi flat out (race after race). hell in the 6hr endurance races it didnt have issues either. does that make my opinion worth something now? because i tend to agree with sleepwarz. you can like nascar all you want - but anyone who thinks its not a hick sport is decieving themself. some of us would rather our car not be the new big thing in it.
Good for you, but your not pushing a 3500 pound vehicle either. Big difference there. As for running that speed with no real safety equipment I just hope you survive if you crash at 180 mph.
So the most popular Motorsport in America is a hick sport. You don't have to watch it.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #84
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
I'd like to see you get out on the track with 42 other cars and try it one time. No skill? No balls? No tech? Have you ever set up a racecar to be able to go those speeds? How about build a motor that can last 500 to 600 miles going flat out? Lol you know nothing to what you speak. So you think people would like to see cars go 249 mph, get airborne and go up into the stands and kill people. If they used stock bodied cars that is exactly what you would have. There is a lot more technology, skill and bravery than you realize in NASCAR.
No there isn't. All it is, is yokel celebrity racing. Its the same yawnorific circle no matter where they go. Far less tech than there should be. We hit 200mph ages ago buddy lets push an envelope to make this racing interesting. 300mph on a 90 degree bank sounds like a goal to shoot for. Remember right now the only thing interesting about nascar is the crash highlights, and even so, not so much anymore. I didn't say use stock bodied cars, but if your going to butcher everything you may as well go for the show. The killing people comment was kinda unwarrented. But I can see your nascar butthurt flaming all over this thread, so I understand. Calm down and realize that most people do not enjoy it.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote