Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
ZOOMSS

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS/RS
Speaker buzzing help

So is have a 2010 SS/RS with the BA sound system and lately I've started getting vibration buzzing in the door panels and the rear deck from moderate to heavy bass in songs, Does anyone know how to fix these vibrations so that the car doesn't buzz anymore or is this just something that I will have to live with due to the car's age?
ZOOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #2
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Your speakers are blown! Replace them.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
ZOOMSS

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Your speakers are blown! Replace them.
you wouldn't happen to know where I can get the part numbers for all of them would you?
ZOOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMSS View Post
you wouldn't happen to know where I can get the part numbers for all of them would you?
Any dealer can order, but the cost they want for trash OEM $5 paper speakers you can buy on your own from Parts-Express.com isn't worth your time of day. Do not be fooled, there is absolutely nothing "Boston Acoustic" about the speakers in any capacity or any mythical reason to pursue purchasing them. That being said, the cheapest route to OEM is probably the Audio reseller section on this forum as used sets are fetching between $50 and $100.

You can pick up a set of RF-P2 front separates, rear 6x9's and a prime 4-channel amp for the money the dealer wants. As an alternative if you don't like DIY, just walk into the nearest Best Buy or Car Audio shop.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Any dealer can order, but the cost they want for trash OEM $5 paper speakers you can buy on your own from Parts-Express.com isn't worth your time of day. Do not be fooled, there is absolutely nothing "Boston Acoustic" about the speakers in any capacity or any mythical reason to pursue purchasing them. That being said, the cheapest route to OEM is probably the Audio reseller section on this forum as used sets are fetching between $50 and $100.

You can pick up a set of RF-P2 front separates, rear 6x9's and a prime 4-channel amp for the money the dealer wants. As an alternative if you don't like DIY, just walk into the nearest Best Buy or Car Audio shop.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #6
Durasell22

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I hope you didn't replace your speakers yet. Check out my post from a few months back. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469071
Durasell22 is offline   Reply With Quote