Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
you guys are a little harsh don't you?

Prolly the guy is coming to get some advices to realize if the 1LE improvements are overrunning the "comfort" of an auto.

According to me, having a manual is about driving, whereas having an auto is just about turning a steering wheel.

If you want comfort, easyness, with kind of strong straight line acceleration, go with the 2SS auto.

If you want to DRIVE, if you want to play, if you want to feel your car, feel the road, even with no track time, go with the 1LE.

Depends on what you're planning to do. It's all up to you. I'm a skier, and it's just like with skiing: if you're plannning on just touring, don't buy a racing ski. Even if the ski looks cool, it'll be a pain in the A and you'll have no fun.
If you're a racer, getting a touring ski will be boring as hell.

First, ask yourself what you wanna do with the car
Old 03-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
The level of aggressive dickishness on here... guys chill, he's a fellow Camaro enthusiast just like you.

So the 1LE package is 3500 bucks, my suggestion to you if you want to stick with the auto, which I totally get, manuals can be a pain in traffic, etc, this is what I would do:

Forgestar CF5s or F14s, 18x10 (various finishes) - 1400
Michelin PSS 285/35ZR18 - 1144
Koni STR.T shocks - 390
Eibach Pro Plus Kit (Drop springs, and front and rear sways) - 574
Total: 3508 or ~3500
Now all the prices are a bit rounded / estimations, not including shipping or anything. But if you do the work yourself, you will get the automatic that you want, and you will easily out handle a 1LE for about the same cost. Be sure to factor in installation, tire mounting, balancing etc, but I'm sure you could sell the stock wheels and tires to cover some cost. Just my .02
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
Stick buds

Drives: 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
you guys are a little harsh don't you?

Prolly the guy is coming to get some advices to realize if the 1LE improvements are overrunning the "comfort" of an auto.

According to me, having a manual is about driving, whereas having an auto is just about turning a steering wheel.

If you want comfort, easyness, with kind of strong straight line acceleration, go with the 2SS auto.

If you want to DRIVE, if you want to play, if you want to feel your car, feel the road, even with no track time, go with the 1LE.

Depends on what you're planning to do. It's all up to you. I'm a skier, and it's just like with skiing: if you're plannning on just touring, don't buy a racing ski. Even if the ski looks cool, it'll be a pain in the A and you'll have no fun.
If you're a racer, getting a touring ski will be boring as hell.

First, ask yourself what you wanna do with the car
Thank you!! Best response yet everyone else just trling on me prolly cause I'm new anyway as far as looks ya it's cool but that's not why I'm considering it the reason is for the amount you actually get with the car wheels and tires alone go for over 1.5k it's rare to see the productions of the car won't be as high and if I buy a car like this I'd imagine I'd probably get into racing or something even with the ss I'd eventually want to race I mean it's a sports car I just like automatics and haven't driven manuals a lot except for in drivers ed people say manual would get tiring or be a pain in hills smalls things I hear about manuals makes me not want it but when I hear all the 1le provides it makes me amazed and I want the 1le it would be a daily driver as also . To me it almost seems like a no brainer to get the 1le just because everything it provides only downside is manual
Stick buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #18
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Its all in good fun sticks ;o)

Name:  34052664.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  116.8 KB
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #19
kayer32

Drives: White 2014 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick buds View Post
Thank you!! Best response yet everyone else just trling on me prolly cause I'm new anyway as far as looks ya it's cool but that's not why I'm considering it the reason is for the amount you actually get with the car wheels and tires alone go for over 1.5k it's rare to see the productions of the car won't be as high and if I buy a car like this I'd imagine I'd probably get into racing or something even with the ss I'd eventually want to race I mean it's a sports car I just like automatics and haven't driven manuals a lot except for in drivers ed people say manual would get tiring or be a pain in hills smalls things I hear about manuals makes me not want it but when I hear all the 1le provides it makes me amazed and I want the 1le it would be a daily driver as also . To me it almost seems like a no brainer to get the 1le just because everything it provides only downside is manual
I love the 1LE and I too drive mine as a daily driver, but if you are not comfortable with a manual I would say just get the SS in automatic. I have driven manual basically since I was 16 but it still gets frustrating in traffic. For me the pros outweigh the cons because I love the control I have with a manual. I plan on racing mine a good bit both drag and road courses. I'm also going to buy a truck pretty soon so I won't have to drive it every day. If stuff like that doesn't matter to you then you will be pissed within a couple of days of buying 1LE. Hope this helps.
kayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Hell, I got the manual in my convertible, which ain't no track car...and NPP...and short shift kit...and it'll get a lot of mods because I can.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I frequent the 1le section every time I'm on c5. I've seems to me most don't track their car. You guys should chill.

OP, depends what ya wanna do with the car. You'll have to give more info.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #22
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Get the SS/RS...It's a lot more car.You'll love the ride,The handling (that 90% on this forum can't push to it's limit)The remote start,automatic trans that shifts better than the stick,Tires that will last like they should and NOT 10k miles like the SS/1le.Save yourself the cost of a 2,000.00 clutch not to mention the worn synchronizers that wont let you shift,clutch that sticks to the floor,changing out the fluids ever week...on and on....lol...and the SS/RS is faster in the 1/4 mile (honest..I know)and if you just want to brag about magazine numbers on a road course(that you will NEVER reach)then get the SS/1le.Most on here buy the 1le because they want to brag about the numbers that the PRO'S get....not a chance you'll ever get the same results. Do you really think you could run John Force's numbers if he loaned you his funny car? nope.Same here.If you think that a good driver can't take a stock SS/rs and hand you your butt on a road course ....you're in denial. Get the SS/RS...it's all the car you'll ever need..unless you just like to brag about someone else's numbers...This will apply to 99% of the people on this forum.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts.htmlGet the SS and add Chevrolets 1LE package they offer as a separate add on through their performance catalog. I believe it is a $1500 add on for parts and then the cost of installation. Get the ZL1 replica wheels from a vendor on here, not sure who makes them. You will want to get a square setup, as that is one of the factors in the handling of the 1LE. You will need to uprade your rear end gears also. This is just off the top of my head, I'm sure there is something else I'm missing. Of course there is the whole red calipers and flat black hood and spoiler. Click on the link and it will get you started.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #24
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
As suggested, buy a 2SS auto and put suspension parts+ wheels/tires on it. You can make it handle better than a 1LE if you choose the right combination of parts.

And for the hard core 1LE guys don't be so hard on the guys that want 1LE handling in an auto. Many people have issues (bad ankle, bad knee, drive in lots of traffic daily, etc) that prevent them from wanting to drive a stick, but they still want a well handling Camaro SS.

I believe the C7 Z06 is available with an 8 speed auto, and it's one of the best handling (fastest around a track) cars out there. The reason is there's a demand for an automatic Z06.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
To upgrade a ss with auto to 1le levels, is going to bring you close to a "13 auto ZL1. I'd go that route if you really want the handling and an auto then you also get 580hp as well

The 1le package is a steal for what you get and will cost a heck of lot more to add to an SS. Thatis even if your labor cost is zero and can pickup the parts locally and avoid all shipping costs.

Here is the full list your 3500 buys you:
close ratio manual transmission that has higher final drive (3.91 vs. 3.45)
air-to-liquid cooling system lifted from the ZL1 (trans and oil coolers)
20-inch wheels covered in Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires, 285 on all 4 corners
Improved wheel bearings (zl1)
Improved toe links
upgraded sub-frame bushes
Better rear shock mounts
rear monotube shocks
thicker antiroll bars(27mm front, 28mm rear)
strut-tower bar
beefed up the rear-axle half-shafts
ZL1's high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups were also added to prevent fuel starvation in hard-cornering situations.
matte-black hood
functional front splitter
rear spoiler
Oil catch can
red Brembo brake calipers
ZL1's flat-bottom, microfiber-covered steering wheel
short shifter topped with a microfiber shift knob.

And NPP is a nice option for a turnkey car.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #26
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
I have a 1LE but I feel that some people are quite Rude here.

The guy is just attempting to get info . The 1LE is a great car. You get a lot for the extra $3,500 but like it was mentioned before the car has it's down sides. The tires go out quite easy. They are not recommended for rain or cold weather.

Suspension is a bit harder than the SS but nothing to bad. The difference in the road is major. The rims and tires themselves are way over $3,500.
The flat bottom suede steering wheel has a nice feel as well as the shifter but have to take good care of it.

The 3.91 gear feel nice and firm. Not to close and not has harsh as the hurst.

Some people where are really helpful and I know it because most if my threads I'm asking for help and I greatly appreciate but some other individuals just need to be a little but more comprehensive with others; the OP just needed help.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #27
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick buds View Post
Well, I'm french and I have just driven an auto once in my life. We're a manual nation, very few people get auto overhere.
So it's all about being used to. I feel awkward when driving an auto, and stick is just natural to me.

No offence to those driving auto, but to me auto is just about some kinda "lazyness" (unless you're driving a Formula 1).

Stick isn't uncomfortable, stick is fun!!

PS: don't mind about being flamed, it always happen and calms down, you might not get well understood and some overhere might have a bad day before answering!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #28
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
1LE was not out when I got my car. But now it handles like a 1LE, may be a tad quicker due to normal LS3 TR6060. You could do the same to an automatic and if you want to spend for the cosmetic stuff you can.

I for one did not want a wrapped hood, or the steering wheel and shifter.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote