Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #43
goodiem18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Inferno Orange
Installed my CAI the other day, absolutely love it! Fit and finish is great.
goodiem18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #44
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by b737swaca View Post
27 highway 19 city, I too would like to know how you're getting that.
I wish.

I average 15-16 city being nice with LS3

Worst was 6.3mpg, and I wasn't always driving hard.

Were and how much for this CAI $$$

Thanks. $399
Shipping $???
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #45
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Still havent got around to try and fix mine. But after looking at it again today I am not sure It can be fixed.

Do you guys have a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap in your CAI where it meets up to the inner fender area? I have one. My original problem was that it fit too tight in the corner of the hood area and I could not use the rubber gasket. If I were to correct the problem and somehow get it moved out away from the corner of the hood the fender seal gap problem would be even worse.

Is this normal? I guess I can give CAI a call and have them walk me through it but I am not sure how this could be remedied. The air box can only mount one way.

lucky me...I probably got a defective one.

I think Ill go out and get some pics
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #46
ULTRAZLS1

Old 03-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #47
ULTRAZLS1

Old 03-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #48
ULTRAZLS1

Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #49
ULTRAZLS1

Old 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #50
CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Still havent got around to trying to fixing mine. But after looking at it again I am not sure It can be fixed.

Do you guys have a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap in your CAI where it meets up to the inner fender area? I have one. My original problem was that it fit too tight in the corner of the hood area and I could not use the rubber gasket. If I were to correct the problem and somehow get it moved out away from the corner of the hood the fender seal gap problem would be even worse.

Is this normal? I guess I can give CAI a call and have them walk me through it but I am not sure how this could be remedied. The air box can only mount one way.

lucky me...I probably got a defective one.

I think Ill go out and get some pics
It should fit. If it doesn't we need to figure out why. We have sold 300+ Camaro intake systems and to our knowledge this is the first to have this issue. E-mail me your phone number to sales@coldairinductions.com. I will personally call you and try to get this fixed.
CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #51
ULTRAZLS1

Ok. 2 of the pics show my problem with getting the gasket on in the corner of the hood. As you can see absolutely no room left to fit a gasket in their.

The other two pics show the gap that is letting all kinds of hot air in. I could have lived with the small seal not being installed in the corner of the hood. But after seeing the gap in the fender seal I cant leave it on their. All kinds of HOT air will be rushing in through that gap!

What now?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #52
WhyMe

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Installed mine last week and it's great!! A deeper exhuast note on the stock exhaust and when the throttle is gradually pressed the "whooooomp" from the additional air is nice. The most noticeable aspect is the throttle response which is lightning quick. The traction control could do it's job before but now doesn't stand a chance!! Had a small issue with mine but it was taken care of immediately with no questions asked. Great product and has goten rave reviews from those that have seen it. THANKS C.A.I.
WhyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #53
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
what small problem??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
Installed mine last week and it's great!! A deeper exhuast note on the stock exhaust and when the throttle is gradually pressed the "whooooomp" from the additional air is nice. The most noticeable aspect is the throttle response which is lightning quick. The traction control could do it's job before but now doesn't stand a chance!! Had a small issue with mine but it was taken care of immediately with no questions asked. Great product and has goten rave reviews from those that have seen it. THANKS C.A.I.
Curious!What small problem you had as I am going to purchase this also and would like to know the good,bad,and ugly.Have heard nothing but good about this product. Thanks
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #54
ULTRAZLS1

Well I got a call from them all ready and they are very helpful. But I just dont think I can get it to fit right.

I am thinking the mounting tab for the air box could have been damaged during shipping. I can get the box to line up decent without the nut installed, but once it is the box will not line up. I even tried tightening down the nut in slightly different positions which did not help.

He said he would send me another one without hesitation so I am not worried. So far CAI has been great.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #55
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Well I got a call from them all ready and they are very helpful. But I just dont think I can get it to fit right.

I am thinking the mounting tab for the air box could have been damaged during shipping. I can get the box to line up decent without the nut installed, but once it is the box will not line up. I even tried tightening down the nut in slightly different positions which did not help.

He said he would send me another one without hesitation so I am not worried. So far CAI has been great.
That is good to hear.Shows it is a first class vendor.Still going to purchase as soon as I can.Good looking product and appears to be well made.thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #56
WhyMe

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS
The holes for the MAF were a a little off. I called and James he sent me a new tube no questions asked. First issue I have ever heard with the product and it was made right with a simple phone call. James sent me several emails letting me know the ETA of the new part and kept in touch until after I received and installed it. Fabulous Customer Service. As many as they are trying to get out with the ever increasing demand a small glitch is not unheard of and is certainly nothing to be concerned about. GREAT Product and even BETTER Customer Service!!!
WhyMe is offline   Reply With Quote