Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #827
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have.
Welcome to the U.S of A
Old 01-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #828
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
I cannot believe some of the postings... I guess it isn't surprising knowing what society has created by the "Entitlements ". Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have. I do know one thing... it isn't causing the dealership any hardship and it shouldn't. Man bought a new car for 60k or so.. drives it 10k and wants them to buy him a new one. Horse manure. Just because he THINKS he has the dealership for some kind of a mistake they made. What if the place caught fire, tornado ripped it to Kansas. The same result.. simply an insurance claim. Who gives a rip what kind of car it was? I support the dealership in their decision how to handle it and frankly it is out of their hands. That is exactly what Insurance is for. Let him sue the Geico Lizard. This whole fiasco has went clear out of control and the owner thinks all the hoopla on the web will get him more. It won't and shouldn't , and IF it does it only shows how ignorant society has become.
I think this is an incorrect statement. From what I've read the owner wants to be made whole again, all the suggestions of new cars or upgraded models are views of other posters, not the OP
Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #829
W2WSS

Drives: 13 ZL1
Quote:
I cannot believe some of the postings... I guess it isn't surprising knowing what society has created by the "Entitlements ". Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have. I do know one thing... it isn't causing the dealership any hardship and it shouldn't. Man bought a new car for 60k or so.. drives it 10k and wants them to buy him a new one. Horse manure. Just because he THINKS he has the dealership for some kind of a mistake they made. What if the place caught fire, tornado ripped it to Kansas. The same result.. simply an insurance claim. Who gives a rip what kind of car it was? I support the dealership in their decision how to handle it and frankly it is out of their hands. That is exactly what Insurance is for. Let him sue the Geico Lizard. This whole fiasco has went clear out of control and the owner thinks all the hoopla on the web will get him more. It won't and shouldn't , and IF it does it only shows how ignorant society has become.
dealership is wishing it would have happened to your car
Old 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #830
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WSS View Post
dealership is wishing it would have happened to your car
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #831
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Hold it together, C5ers. Solidarity, baby.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #832
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I think this is an incorrect statement. From what I've read the owner wants to be made whole again, all the suggestions of new cars or upgraded models are views of other posters, not the OP
Op started the thread. He is being made whole with the settlement. The dealer has even offered to kick in some money. If the OP has a problem he can get it arbitrated with the insurance co. OP's only recourse. To take it to court will be very costly to him to lose the case. And he will lose. Insurance co. will use the non arbitration settlement against him and come out smelling like a rose. He will not win against them. I wonder if the owner has been offered the cash settlement. Anyone know ?

And the dealership hoping it was my car?????? Get real, everyone would be treated the same. I have classic insurance and have 4 vehicles insured for agreed value.. way more than his.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #833
CFD

Quote:
Op started the thread. He is being made whole with the settlement. The dealer has even offered to kick in some money. If the OP has a problem he can get it arbitrated with the insurance co. OP's only recourse. To take it to court will be very costly to him to lose the case. And he will lose. Insurance co. will use the non arbitration settlement against him and come out smelling like a rose. He will not win against them. I wonder if the owner has been offered the cash settlement. Anyone know ?

And the dealership hoping it was my car?????? Get real, everyone would be treated the same. I have classic insurance and have 4 vehicles insured for agreed value.. way more than his.
From what I read, unless I missed something, he was offered a two owner car (not what he was told), one with many more miles, different options than his original car and had been previously crashed and repaired, how is that being made whole?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #834
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
From what I read, unless I missed something, he was offered a two owner car (not what he was told), one with many more miles, different options than his original car and had been previously crashed and repaired, how is that being made whole?

IF that is all the insurance co. will do.. it is what it is. I suggest he dump his insurance co. after the fiasco. Now something no one has mentioned or I skimmed the threads... What about his insurance RATES after settlement?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #835
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
IF that is all the insurance co. will do.. it is what it is. I suggest he dump his insurance co. after the fiasco. Now something no one has mentioned or I skimmed the threads... What about his insurance RATES after settlement?
That wasn't the insurance's offer, that was the dealerships offer.

And whats your opinion on the dealerships initial "we aint fixing shit, this is all on you" mentality?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #836
CFD

Quote:
Why should he settle for anything less than he started with, none of this was his fault in any way, also where as it was not a claim due to his fault his rates will not be affected.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #837
Jalberdi99

Quote:
His insurance has nothing ti do with this, it's the dealers insurance that have to solve this. He is the victim here.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #838
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I think I"m the closest here to you as far as this goes. But you're certainly more rigid than I am though. I think the dealer should absolutely replace this car without question and right away. The car. NOT a bunch of extra. Let the insurance companies do their thing but the dealer should make him whole quickly as a good business decision.

But I have said all along they should not be FORCED into it outside normal insurance outcomes. Yes, it's an entitlement thing where people want someone else to be held to the highest level of accountability but not them. Mainly a business. Because they have the money right?

To me, if I invite you into my house and you trip over a the carpet that is sticking up and you get injured, it would be moral and ethically right for me to help you with any compensation in medical. But I should not be held solely responsible or liable in law. Common sense must come in to play. However 'Common' is defined as prevalent and 'Common Sense' is subject to that definition. So maybe 'Common Sense' has changed to that of a weak and victimized mentality. Our society has become as you said. I could be held legally responsible for you falling in my house and it's bullshit. I would NEVER hold anyones feet to the fire (so to speak) when I'd want the same understanding if I were on the other side. If you dropped your car off at my house and it was vandalised or stolen and ruined I'd want your understanding that we'll let our insurance cover it and allow me do the right thing on my own.

All that said, it is shitty for the dealer not to make it right OR explain why he can't. Maybe they don't have the free money? (I do not know but just saying) Ethics and morality should not be dictated by force. And so let the people handle it on their own. Boycott the business for being dicks. Share the story a bazillion times to let people know so they don't end up possibly getting hosed as well.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #839
W2WSS

Drives: 13 ZL1
according to hall of fame this isnt a big deal nor newsworthy, and he should accept whatever the dealer offers and have a smile on his face
Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #840
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
That wasn't the insurance's offer, that was the dealerships offer.

And whats your opinion on the dealerships initial "we aint fixing shit, this is all on you" mentality?
I don't believe I read that on the insurance offer. Geico offered him 43 or 44 thousand something. Dealership kicked in 4k

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1