Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
DUSTYHAZE

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Bent cat pipe?

So I've had an exhaust leak since I bought the car new. Got the whole "drive it and put some miles on it and it may go away" bullcrap. Now at 4k miles it in for service and i had them check it out. The say the passenger side cat pipe looks tweaked and they can't straighten it or fix the leak where it connects to the resonator portion which they said would be hard to warranty because the mufflers have been switched out. And then refered me to an exhaust shop to pay out of pocket. Says he's seen it a couple times and the exhaust shop could do it for 20-30$. Seems shadey. They were also looking at the paint peel under that factory spoiler that I noticed switching to the z28 spoiler. Said they touched it up but doesn't look touched at all and referred me to gm support to file with them?

I'm not quite sure what to do here...
DUSTYHAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
Sounds about right for the exhaust. Too late to prove. There's a good exhaust shop just south of Bell on 32nd St. About $50 I would think...

And the paint rub under the original spooler is a TSB. Should be a free fix from the dealer. At least mine was, there's a thread on that in here somewhere...
Old 12-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUSTYHAZE View Post
So I've had an exhaust leak since I bought the car new. Got the whole "drive it and put some miles on it and it may go away" bullcrap. Now at 4k miles it in for service and i had them check it out. The say the passenger side cat pipe looks tweaked and they can't straighten it or fix the leak where it connects to the resonator portion which they said would be hard to warranty because the mufflers have been switched out. And then refered me to an exhaust shop to pay out of pocket. Says he's seen it a couple times and the exhaust shop could do it for 20-30$. Seems shadey. They were also looking at the paint peel under that factory spoiler that I noticed switching to the z28 spoiler. Said they touched it up but doesn't look touched at all and referred me to gm support to file with them?

I'm not quite sure what to do here...

The passenger side cat pipe has a little bit of a bend in it compared to the drivers side pipe. It is supposed to be that way and IS that way from factory. Unless I am misreading this, it sounds like they are bs-ing you.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
DUSTYHAZE

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the info, they suggested I call GM directly so I did and I'm now waiting to hear back with what they want to do. Sounds like the dealer is trying to get out of it because of modifications. As in me switching out the spoiler for the z28 one, and me changing/ removing the mufflers. Even though neither are or could be the cause of the issues.
DUSTYHAZE is offline   Reply With Quote