Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-04-2023, 03:43 PM   #1
SLY5ACE

Drives: 2013 camaro ss 1le supercharged
108MM GRANATELLI THROTTLE BODY ISSUES

I PURCHASED A 108MM GRANATELLI THROTTLE BODY DRIVE BY WIRE FOR MY 13 CAMARO SS WITH A 3.0 WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER. I KEEP GETTING CODE P1516. GRANATELLI SENT ME A NEW THROTTLE BODY AND BY THE END OF THE DAY SAME CODE CAME BACK ON. WHEN I TAKE MY CAR TO GET TUNED CAN MY TUNER FIX THAT ISSUE? HE USES HP TUNERS
SLY5ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
no send it back and get a refund. Granatelli throttle body's are junk. I had the same problem. I returned it and they screwed me out of $100 on my return, they said I didn't return it with the gasket. I'll never buy anything from them again.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:27 PM   #3
JAFWF
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1994 Z/28 Convertible
Get a Nick Williams
JAFWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:37 AM   #4
SLY5ACE

WOW THAT SUCKS. IT IS MY SECOND ONE THEY SENT TO ME AND POPPED SAME CODE AGAIN. NICK WILLIAMS IS THE WAY TO GO WELL THEN LOOKS LIKE IM OUT A LOT OF MONEY
Old 10-05-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Bought a Granatelli pro wing and it failed within a week of installing it. Water leaked inside and filled the whole damn wing up. Called to work out a return and he told me since I painted it that they couldn't resell it so it was junk to them. I said, "yeah I know its junk that's why I want my money back" and he told me tough luck. I spoke to Joey Granatelli himself. Theirs $800 I'll never see again. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Most of their products look like rebranded or rebadged junk anyways. All of it is overpriced too.

Sorry you went through that brother.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #6
SLY5ACE

I JUST ORDERED A NICK WILLIAMS 112MM THROTTLE BODY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old 10-06-2023, 07:23 AM   #7
tartagliazl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY5ACE View Post
I JUST ORDERED A NICK WILLIAMS 112MM THROTTLE BODY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
why a 112mm? when the 103mm is more than anyone can get out of it. unless you're one of those twin turbo 1300 hp guys.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:34 AM   #8
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
why a 112mm? when the 103mm is more than anyone can get out of it. unless you're one of those twin turbo 1300 hp guys.
I made more than 1300 through the stock throttle body and intake… TT with a little giggle gas before we built the big motor…

OP, try to get your money back and run far and fast away from that $%#$+ #%@¥+} thief…

I rue the day I ran into that trash panda. Shoulda pushed his face in when my wife asked him if he would take a check, after I spent lots of money with him for a turbo kit that lasted less than two weeks and ended up with me trailering to the Phoenix fest and buying two new turbos. He then took my (bought and paid for) turbos back to his shop, where he returned them to the manufacturer for a rebuild. He sold them when he got them back, my turbos… sold them…. And tried to claim he gave me fair credit for them. I would have liked to have them for spares, since I purchased them… and turbos are prone to failing as hard as we pushed them…
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:37 AM   #9
tartagliazl1

wow you destroyed that turbo. sounds like joe Granatalli screwed a few people over the years
Old 10-07-2023, 10:34 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
wow you destroyed that turbo. sounds like joe Granatalli screwed a few people over the years
That’s actually two different turbos… We were over spinning them a bit… Turbos designed for 3.0 liter per, and we were feeding them with 3.5 liter per… 427 at that point, or 7.0 liter… That weekend, the top turbo, and the shrapnel was on Friday morning, and the bottom image was the replacement overnighted from Indiana and blown up Sunday morning… When we built the “big” motor, we went to a larger turbo with a mid frame center section… Spin it slower on a bigger central shaft and still make a lot more HP…

The “big” motor was smaller cubes but we spun it to 9,000 rpm…

JR is a junk salesman living off daddy’s name…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 01:54 PM   #11
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY5ACE View Post
I PURCHASED A 108MM GRANATELLI THROTTLE BODY DRIVE BY WIRE FOR MY 13 CAMARO SS WITH A 3.0 WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER. I KEEP GETTING CODE P1516. GRANATELLI SENT ME A NEW THROTTLE BODY AND BY THE END OF THE DAY SAME CODE CAME BACK ON. WHEN I TAKE MY CAR TO GET TUNED CAN MY TUNER FIX THAT ISSUE? HE USES HP TUNERS
Nick Williams is the way to go, never had any luck with anything else.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote