Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Question BBK header Install question Brand new 2011 2LT RS

Hey, I just signed up for this forum and have already found it helpful. I purchased my Victory Red 2LT with HUD and RS package less than two weeks ago and have just received my BBK long tube exhaust headers and high flow cats in the mail. I'll also be adding an Airaid CAI and throttle body spacer, and purchased the tuning through Trifecta, the rest should be here in the following week. I love my car but I've never done an install like this, the website says that the install should only take about an hour or hour and a half and it's a straight bolt on with no cutting or welding.

Excited I opened up the package to find very cryptic directions with no pictures. Having minimal mechanical experience this seems like it may be an issue getting into it. Has anyone else bought these headers and installed them? How bad was the install? How great is the performance increase? What should I get realistically in power gain with the CAI, throttle body, BBK headers and Trifecta tune? Thanks for you input! Love this forum.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Even though this is not BBK, the header install will generally be the same and will give you the idea. You probably will not have to do any cutting and you will just bolt the new high flow cats on. Sit back and enjoy:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134161
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '17 Corvette Z51 Coupe
willyd, I can't help with the install info.....however, CONGRATS on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
welcome and good luck on the install
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
willyd

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Even though this is not BBK, the header install will generally be the same and will give you the idea. You probably will not have to do any cutting and you will just bolt the new high flow cats on. Sit back and enjoy:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134161
Thanks on the info! After popping up the hood and jacking it up and looking at it, it does appear to be straight bolt on with no cuttin or welding. I'm gonna do a baseline dyno run before and after headers, then add the CAI and throttle body spacer before tune and do a dyno run, then do the same after the tune so I can share the number with all that might be interested in the performance gains.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
willyd

[QUOTE=Sir Nuke;2954398]willyd, I can't help with the install info.....however, CONGRATS on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!![/QUOTE

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
bbktech2

Drives: 1937 Ford
The install is simple. Can be done in a few hours. The headers completely bolt in and connect to your stock catback system with no mods.
bbktech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #8
2011SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
What is purpose or function of the throttle body spacer you are adding?

SPARKS SS emblems, PUTCO mailslot led, AAC led side markers,
AUTOLUMINATION drl's, f/r turn sig,dome, trunk, license led's,
SOUTHERN CAR PARTS sequential turn signals,
BIG WORM GRAPHICS hood spears, mail slot, gills
3M CRYSTALLINE 40% window tint
HURST shifter/plate, GMPARTS quarter flares
RPI flat black bezels and rjt license plate frame
STREET SCENE chin splitter

2011SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
2010victoryred

Drives: victory red black stripes 2ss rs
very easy install there is so much room to get in there you can pull the stock headers and cats out in one piece through the bottom of the car just make sure you take out all the spark plug wires and plugs so you dont damage them when taking the headers out and when putting the wires back on the wire clicks twice on the coil side and once on the spark plug end hope this info helps good luck
2010victoryred is offline   Reply With Quote