Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #169
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #170
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #171
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
This is crazy! I want my radiator fans to run when I flip a switch so maybe I should go bash all the aftermarket fan makers becuase they dont offer a swtich with their product. Or bash all the rim makers because I want a set of rims that have 3 valve stems in them to make it easier to put air in my tires from any position and they dont offer it. Crazy! Some people........

Go CAI. I know your product will be great and I for one am waiting to see it before I buy any after market intake.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #172
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
Since you obviously have nothing nice to say, and already bought another CAI, why are you even in this thread causing negativity, no one cares that you chose the ugly chick and you sound like a

A. You obviously didn't read CAI INC'S response, because what that guy said was not true at all. They made pretty clear that they don't have a stance on catch cans and they never told people otherwise, they simply have not yet designed a CAI with a CC in mind. That would be putting the cart before the horse since they have not even released their ZL1 CAI yet. Rather than just quoting and commenting some guy before you why don't you take the time to actually read the manufacturers response.

B. Plastic mold injection is an entirely different process and has very different design constraints. I don't think they are viewing this as a race, and if anything I would be glad that they are more concerned with putting out a quality product than being the first here to sell something. Who said being first means its the best product?

C. If you already bought a CAI, that's great, why are you in this thread commenting their CAI and how long they have taken. I hope you love your
CAI and that it makes you very happy, but the only thing you are doing coming here is causing negativity for a product that you already know you are not buying, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Go into a roto-fab thread and praise there product as opposed to coming in another manufacturers thread in attempt to bash theirs, that accomplishes nothing.
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #173
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
That literally made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
This is crazy! I want my radiator fans to run when I flip a switch so maybe I should go bash all the aftermarket fan makers becuase they dont offer a swtich with their product. Or bash all the rim makers because I want a set of rims that have 3 valve stems in them to make it easier to put air in my tires from any position and they dont offer it. Crazy! Some people........

Go CAI. I know your product will be great and I for one am waiting to see it before I buy any after market intake.
Thank you we appreciate that very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Since you obviously have nothing nice to say, and already bought another CAI, why are you even in this thread causing negativity, no one cares that you chose the ugly chick and you sound like a

A. You obviously didn't read CAI INC'S response, because what that guy said was not true at all. They made pretty clear that they don't have a stance on catch cans and they never told people otherwise, they simply have not yet designed a CAI with a CC in mind. That would be putting the cart before the horse since they have not even released their ZL1 CAI yet. Rather than just quoting and commenting some guy before you why don't you take the time to actually read the manufacturers response.

B. Plastic mold injection is an entirely different process and has very different design constraints. I don't think they are viewing this as a race, and if anything I would be glad that they are more concerned with putting out a quality product than being the first here to sell something. Who said being first means its the best product?

C. If you already bought a CAI, that's great, why are you in this thread commenting their CAI and how long they have taken. I hope you love your
CAI and that it makes you very happy, but the only thing you are doing coming here is causing negativity for a product that you already know you are not buying, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Go into a roto-fab thread and praise there product as opposed to coming in another manufacturers thread in attempt to bash theirs, that accomplishes nothing.
I agree. We understand we have taken a longer time than many would like, but as we have said about 4 times now in this thread, IF YOU ALREADY BOUGHT A ZL1 CAI FROM ANOTHER COMPANY WE HOPE YOU LOVE IT! PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER OUR THREAD ABOUT IT!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #174
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
WTF happened while I was at work. Someone let the naysayers in to talk sh-- for no apparent reason. Nice.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #175
Leviser

Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
I am interested in seeing all the info on final product, just wondering if it will be a closed box setup ( like the stock air intake box). Or an open box setup?
Leviser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #176
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviser View Post
I am interested in seeing all the info on final product, just wondering if it will be a closed box setup ( like the stock air intake box). Or an open box setup?
All their CAIs are closed top. Check their website
http://www.coldairinductions.com/store/cold-air-intakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
WTF happened while I was at work. Someone let the naysayers in to talk sh-- for no apparent reason. Nice.
LOL, we had a bit of a ruckus today.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #177
Leviser

Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
[QUOTE=mclark10;6570943]All their CAIs are closed top. Check their website

Thank you
Leviser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #178
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
WOW - this took a nasty turn

I for one am most anxious to see the final
product I've got a vested interest

It's a great product and I want all my cars to
have the same system!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #179
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I like the look of their boxes, part of the reason I am waiting.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #180
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post

Here because it's a discussion board. We are consumers discussing products, I bought one because it was available and came with the necessary fitments for a catch can.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #181
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Here because it's a discussion board. We are consumers discussing products, I bought one because it was available and came with the necessary fitments for a catch can.
Good. Sounds like you are all set. I have a single catch can and am awaiting the testing results from CAI to see what direction I want to go in there. So everyone's happy.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #182
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
WOW - this took a nasty turn

I for one am most anxious to see the final
product I've got a vested interest

It's a great product and I want all my cars to
have the same system!!
Yes I would say you do! We appreciate your help so much Becky, you have been more than cooperative! Very honored to have our CAI on all 3 of your Camaros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
I like the look of their boxes, part of the reason I am waiting.
Thanks we appreciate your support!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote