Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
mrpre10der

white stripes from factory

does anyone know if the factory white stripes are on front and back. for 395dollars also do they include the pinstripping. does anybody out there have a picture of cyber gray with the white stripes. i been talking to 2 dealers about stripes they had no idea about them doing stripes for gm at there place . so u know what those f@#king stripes will look like.i dont want no dvd installer putting on my stripes . so im looking to do the cyber gray with white.

Last edited by mrpre10der; 10-14-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
mrpre10der

white rally stripes from factory B7X

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE STRIPES FROM FACTORY ARE GOING TO BE ON FRONT AND REAR WITH THE OUTLINE .THE DEALER HAS NO CLUE LOOKING FOR WHITE STRIPES ON CYBER GRAY ANY PICTURES OF THOSE 2 COMBINATIONS OUT THERE . IF POSSIBLE MAYBE A CODE NOT THE B7X.THE B7X ONLY TELLS YOU WHITE NOT WHATS INCLUDED PLEASE HELP GOING TO DEALER AGAIN TODAY
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpre10der View Post
does anyone know if the factory white stripes are on front and back. for 395dollars also do they include the pinstripping. does anybody out there have a picture of cyber gray with the white stripes. i been talking to 2 dealers about stripes they had no idea about them doing stripes for gm at there place . so u know what those f@#king stripes will look like.i dont want no dvd installer putting on my stripes . so im looking to do the cyber gray with white.
Yes.....Yes.....Check the Photoshop thread.....LOL.....Sounds good.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 10-14-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Decals installed at the dealer would be done by the body shop. You would get the same quality as any of their other body work and paint. You make it sound like they are going to let just anybody at the dealership stick them on. How do you think they repair wrecked vehicles? Most of them have some kind of decals on them. Its not like they have no experience at it and its not rocket science.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
mrpre10der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Decals installed at the dealer would be done by the body shop. You would get the same quality as any of their other body work and paint. You make it sound like they are going to let just anybody at the dealership stick them on. How do you think they repair wrecked vehicles? Most of them have some kind of decals on them. Its not like they have no experience at it and its not rocket science.
WHEN U GET A BUBBLE IN YOURS LET ME KNOW LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
MrKrisSullivan
New 2 The "DARK-SIDE"

Drives: 2003 Ram HEMI 4x4 Slt 20in
hey are they going to have a stripe package that goes the length of the car??
Like the old Chevelles and SS's of old...
MrKrisSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
All caps makes it sound like you are yelling....just fyi.

Quality varies from place to place. All management wants nothing but perfection going out their doors as the cars will (in a sense) have their names on them and the owners will talk of their experience. I understand what TxTurbo was saying and if you have the decals put on your car (which will be done at factory if you want white...and that's for rally stripes, not hockey and single hood/decklid), they will be done at the factory.

If you get them done at the dealer and there's a bubble, common sense tells you not to accept the work and have them redo it. In other words, the dealer will do it right.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^LOL! That's FUNNY! Of course, there was no disrespect meant to you pre10der
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
All caps makes it sound like you are yelling....just fyi.

Quality varies from place to place. All management wants nothing but perfection going out their doors as the cars will (in a sense) have their names on them and the owners will talk of their experience. I understand what TxTurbo was saying and if you have the decals put on your car (which will be done at factory if you want white...and that's for rally stripes, not hockey and single hood/decklid), they will be done at the factory.

If you get them done at the dealer and there's a bubble, common sense tells you not to accept the work and have them redo it. In other words, the dealer will do it right.
hm what will you say if theres a bubble in your stripes?

"oh i found a bubble in my stripes can you redo them"??? like that?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
hm what will you say if theres a bubble in your stripes?

"oh i found a bubble in my stripes can you redo them"??? like that?
No. I'm not going to say,
Quote:
"oh i found a bubble in my stripes can you redo them"???
I'm going to say, "why are there bubbles in my stripes?" And if they say, "well, it happens," I'm going to say, "Well, and it happens that people refuse to accept half assed jobs. I'm not taking it until you get it right."

I'm not accepting it if there's a bubble. They are paid to do a job. If the job isn't done correctly, they HAVE NOT DONE THEIR JOB....and I am NOT taking the car until it is done correctly. You can't just accept what is given to you...by doing that, you agreeing to lesser quality for the next guy too. MAKE them get it right. They won't try it on the next guy either.

and I am very confident that the dealer will get it right.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
I installed mine in my driveway with no bubbles.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
hey are they going to have a stripe package that goes the length of the car??
Like the old Chevelles and SS's of old...
I know what you're talking about...
So far I haven't seen anything like that
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
It took the Pontiac dealer 3 weeks to repaint the ground effect under the door of my GTO. That was leaving them the piece as well as them painting it 4 times before they got it right. I couldn't imagine them repairing anything major. Plus, I woulnd't want my new camaro sitting at the dealer while they try to put the stripes on right. You'll go pick it up with 100 miles on it. Everybody will take turns driving it. I want mine as soon as it comes in still wrapped in the plastic. It's safer that way.
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote