Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Angry How Can I Report A Dishonest Dealer to GM?

I was unfortunate to run into several dishonest dealers in my attempt to pre-order a Camaro. The dealer I placed my original order with, used my order to get an inventory vehicle and then sell it to someone else at over MSRP. He originally told me that I would get MSRP minus any rebates I qualified for at time of delivery. When I finally got wise to what was happening I contacted the dealer. His response was "If you don't like the process, take your money and walk," then he proceeded to hang up on me.

I eventually found another honest dealer thanks to this forum. However, dealer did not release my deposit. I called dealer a second time. He denied ever talking to me and said the deposit was his because vehicle had already been built. Luckily I used a credit card and was able to file dispute with them. As of now the card company credited my account.

I have obviously been pretty steamed over this. I posted about it here earlier. Since then, other members have sent me PMs to tell me this dealer did the same thing to them.

I believe I have read here that ordering a vehicle as sold under one name with the intent of selling to someone else is not an approved process by GM. Can someone who is knowledgeable tell me the best way to contact the company and file a formal complaint?
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
usmcjlp

I'm sorry I just realized I placed this in the wrong forum. Can a mod please move this to dealer discussions?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
sorry to hear that, thats f'd up i would be down there raising hell ready to fight if they stole my money
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
moved
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Gm sees that the pre-ordered car doesnt go to the original buyer. They will eventually lose allotments practicing like that.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
GM doesn't care about you getting screwed by a dealer. Sorry but it's the truth. GM lets dealers run their name through the mud, and have no course of action to correct it.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
GM doesn't care about you getting screwed by a dealer. Sorry but it's the truth. GM lets dealers run their name through the mud, and have no course of action to correct it.
And GM has closed down some good and honest dealers as well as wel have see already.. So the vetting process of which dealers to cut probably had little to do with customer satisfaction.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I'm one of the "good guys" er girl....
Hate to hear stuff like this....
But I'm proud to help Camaro5

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mich

Call or email for availability!
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
usmcjlp

Wow Becky! You're cruising the forums this late. My first dealer didn't even know about this site. If anyone can make it to Michigan, Becky will definitely take care of you.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Post your dealer on the price-gouging dealer list, then send a link to the dealer. We have thousands of potential buyers on this site, and none of us will go there.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
I was unfortunate to run into several dishonest dealers in my attempt to pre-order a Camaro. The dealer I placed my original order with, used my order to get an inventory vehicle and then sell it to someone else at over MSRP. He originally told me that I would get MSRP minus any rebates I qualified for at time of delivery. When I finally got wise to what was happening I contacted the dealer. His response was "If you don't like the process, take your money and walk," then he proceeded to hang up on me.

I eventually found another honest dealer thanks to this forum. However, dealer did not release my deposit. I called dealer a second time. He denied ever talking to me and said the deposit was his because vehicle had already been built. Luckily I used a credit card and was able to file dispute with them. As of now the card company credited my account.

I have obviously been pretty steamed over this. I posted about it here earlier. Since then, other members have sent me PMs to tell me this dealer did the same thing to them.

I believe I have read here that ordering a vehicle as sold under one name with the intent of selling to someone else is not an approved process by GM. Can someone who is knowledgeable tell me the best way to contact the company and file a formal complaint?
Why don't you post the dealers name here ?. It may prevent another Camaro5 member being screwed by this lowlife dealer. Bad dealers are listed by name here all the time.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Wow Becky! You're cruising the forums this late. My first dealer didn't even know about this site. If anyone can make it to Michigan, Becky will definitely take care of you.
Thanks,....for being up late?....or knowing about the site?...
I love CAMARO'S!
Becky
ps. talk to you soon!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Who else is wondering if Becky is cute?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074