Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #1429
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearldrums View Post
Speaking of vacations, I will be in Cancun the week the Auto expo is in town. So as much as I would like to be there and meet Fbodfather, 86 degree and free beer sound better. Make sure you guys post lots of pics though.. Then I can at least feel like I was there in spirit.
Wow. We'll miss you Pearldrums. Think of us while you are basking in the sun.

Another topic.... I just got an email from SSOOCH. For some reason he has gotten kicked off of Camaro5. He is trying to appeal to the mods, but so far they have not answered him. I don't know what happened, so don't ask. He CAN read what is going on, but he can't post. I'll get back to you when and if I find out more.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #1430
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
wow that is weird.. Ssooch who would get mad at him? he is such a likeable guy dang.. Hang in there Ssooch hope it all gets worked out soon.

Wow Pearl hope you two have fun.. Im jelious lol.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #1431
Pearldrums

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS Camaro
That is weird that SSOOCH would get banned. Everyone loves SSOOCH.
Pearldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #1432
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
Where's SSOOCH?

This is what SSOOCH emailed me...

I'm really baffled as to why. There is a thread entitled "Where are all the R6P owners now". Members were posting replies such as "Still here" etc. One Guy gets on there and starts blasting all R6P owners as "idiots" for putting money down before we even knew what we were getting, price, availabilty etc. So I posted stating that R6P folks did what we did because we are the die hard fans. Well a moderator on there comes on and starts attacking me for acting like an elitest for thinking I'm better than other Camaro owners because my car is an R6P. Well that opened the flood gates for all kinds of new members jumping all over me and telling me to "f" off for what I said about being an elitest ( I never once said that) I called out the MOD on this and demand that he apologize and show me were I typed that in any thread. Well he didn't like that so I got kicked! Apparentely there were a lot of people on my side because the MOD closed the thread and said his inbox was full of private messages regarding this incident. I'm guessing alot of people were on my side.

And what I replied....

I went on and read it.... there was no need for some of the comments made in reply to your post. And the others that used the foul language should have been the ones booted.
Yes! We are a proud bunch and to be a part of Camaro history was totally exciting.

I think we should pm the mods and request our fearless leader to have his power of post back!!!
I will add the link in a few, when I find it and you all can read it and decide
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=RP6
POST# 13
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Pfadt - Sway Bar Endlinks
Magnaflow - 2.5" Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake System
Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #1433
Pearldrums

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS Camaro
I was just reading it a while ago. I did a search for SSOOCH's old posts and this was the first thread in the pile. I read that whole thread, and think that the guy dropping fbombs should be the one banned not SSOOCH. SSOOCH didn't even say anything wrong I would wear the R6P as a badge of honor also. Thats forum moderators for you though drunk with power.
Pearldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #1434
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Hang on gang....

Don't jump all over the mods just yet. We don't yet know just what happened. I PM'ed the mod that was involved and he said that he did not kick SSOOCH off the forum. So we don't yet know who did. I read all the stuff on that thread too and I can see that the thread was getting out of hand but not that anyone should have gotten kicked off the forums. So it may be just a goof up. We'll continue to work on it. Keep the faith.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #1435
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Don't jump all over the mods just yet. We don't yet know just what happened. I PM'ed the mod that was involved and he said that he did not kick SSOOCH off the forum. So we don't yet know who did. I read all the stuff on that thread too and I can see that the thread was getting out of hand but not that anyone should have gotten kicked off the forums. So it may be just a goof up. We'll continue to work on it. Keep the faith.
I will wait a day or two if you are working on it, but if this mod didn't do it, then who did? I am a bit steamed that the other guy continues to post and rarely positive in his comments on anything.

BTW....congrats on finishing your finals!!!
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #1436
slick1ru

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
January

I too will be out of town. We have a hockey tournament in Vegas that weekend. Yay for hockey, but drats I'll miss out.

I have the BEST CHRISTMAS TIP EVER!! You know how we guard our camaros around children and are constantly schooling them on proper behavior around the cars? Things like, "Bounce that ball one more time within a block of this car....." Well it dawned on me, I've spent 6 months making the children (and my husband) fear even going near the car...... What better place to hide the Christmas presents?!?! The trunk has plenty of room for many items. Of course, only dry goods. No liquids or smelly foo-foo girlie stuff.
slick1ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #1437
slick1ru

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Good Story??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
What I need right now is either a good long ride in ol' Lightning or a cup of hot chocolate and a good story from slick1ru. Where are you slick?
I'm not sure about a good story. Most of my stories, if you'll notice, come from my follies!

My office thinks I'm insane as I had all my employees each cut 5 snowflakes. They all raised one eyebrow at me. I think I said something like "insubordination.." and snowflakes magically appeared in my office.

They were kind of crinkled, so I thought I'd iron them. I have a mini iron in a drawer, so I took it out an plugged it in, not realizing it heats to 20 degrees shy of the sun. Only AFTER I started ironing did I realize that I should PROBABLY put something on the floor before applying the center of our solar system to nylon carpeting...heh heh. Fortunately, I was alerted by an odor which triggered a little thing I call "realization" of what I was doing. Double fortunately, I didn't get far enough to make a "shiny" spot on the floor in the center of my office.

Despite the set back, we now have 60+ snowflakes hanging from the ceiling at my office. Probably not the most professional thing, but it is certainly pleasant. But hey, last year I threw a surprise Hawaiin Luau complete with surfboards, palm trees.... and thanks again to that little word "insubordination," EVERYONE donned a grass skirt. Why they'd think my snowflake request was odd is beyond me!
slick1ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #1438
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Whats the R6P?

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #1439
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
Whats the R6P?
It is a code given to the cars that were ordered before production began.
I ordered mine 10-18-08 and it is one of them.
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #1440
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I drove my car to work weather said it would only be cloudy but if by lunch time it looks like rain or snow I will drive her home lol..
Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #1441
SweetRide

Drives: 2LT RS Red Jewel of the West
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
I drove my car to work weather said it would only be cloudy but if by lunch time it looks like rain or snow I will drive her home lol..
WUSS! Just playing!

"Now life can finally begin"

SweetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #1442
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheslc4 View Post
I will wait a day or two if you are working on it, but if this mod didn't do it, then who did? I am a bit steamed that the other guy continues to post and rarely positive in his comments on anything.
Yes, we're still working on it. It takes time cause we have to wait for people to get PM's from us and then respond.

Quote:
BTW....congrats on finishing your finals!!!
Thanks, the one for my accounting class was a booger-bear. I've been dreading it for a couple of weeks. It took two hours and when they said time was up I still had one problem that I hadn't completed. Oh, well.

Slick1, thank you so much for lightening the mood. I love your stories. I'm not quite sure why you keep an iron in your desk drawer... unless it's to have something heavy to throw at employees... but I'm sooo glad you do so that you can come up with good stories to tell your Camaro comrades. I just hope you don't burn the building down. (I did notice the lights in all of Salt Lake County dim about the time you plugged that thing in.) Please, do us a favor... try not to destroy Vegas when you are there for the hockey tourney. That would be a shame.