Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
1le suspension swap

hey all, I am swapping from my fe3 suspension set up to the 1le sways/control arms/end links. i just had a question or two concerning the lower control arm and the rear shock. how hard is it to put back onto the control arm? i guess my concern is how difficult will the whole process be to install all the parts?
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
hey all, I am swapping from my fe3 suspension set up to the 1le sways/control arms/end links. i just had a question or two concerning the lower control arm and the rear shock. how hard is it to put back onto the control arm? i guess my concern is how difficult will the whole process be to install all the parts?
For me it wasn't that hard it just took so time. Changing the rear toe links was the most difficult part of the process. But i did the full kit. If your not changing the shocks then its easy. Just remove the control arm and mount the new one. you will probably have to compress the shock a little as it'll move outward after you take the control arm off. It should all line right back up otherwise. Then the sway bar will take a bit of maneuvering to get in but isn't too difficult.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote