Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #15
StangKiller14'

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1lt with K&N typhoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
I may have came off a bit harsh, but I thought my comment was pretty well balanced. Nothing wrong with being fortunate. It's just not something I can relate to. Not to mention the young new guy always gets the shit. It's an american right of passage. How many rookie cops get 1st shift? How many rookie firemen don't have to cook or clean the head? How many rookie drivers get the nice rig?
Zero. Well, unless their daddy's the CO.
This kid will get his chops busted a little because he's green. He'll learn a lot and probably go on to be a GM man. By then he'll be pretty knowledgeable and one night, when he's checking out his faveriote GM/ camaro forum, there will be some stupid kid posting how he is so in love with his new car that he got his dick stuck in the tail pipe. And he'll know just what to say to that kid.......
(Holy shit, I just totally cracked myself up!!)
I totally get where your coming from but you have to see it from my point of view (the stupid spoiled little kid) I finally am about to get my license and this happens. I know I can get it fixed but I was saying if it wasn't fixable and I would have to buy a new tire. I would have to work to buy myself a new tire which would suck. I'm sure you've done a lot more working to get something you want (like your Camaro). So I get it some kid comes in and is bitching about his tiny problem.
StangKiller14' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
StangKiller14'

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMUCL View Post
When I was 14, I got my worker's permit and began working and saving. Right before I turned 16, I bought my first car . . . a 1982 Camaro. I worked hard for it, saved my money, and I LOVED THAT CAR.

You guys don't know whether this kid has worked for it. Besides, it is not like he is stepping into a ZL1.
Thank you
Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #17
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller14' View Post
So I get it some kid comes in and is bitching about his tiny problem.
There ya go..... life is a constant learning experience..
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #18
craigk

Drives: 2012 SS L99
Get you a small savings going and you'll be fine. You'd be suprised how may problems can be resolved with as little as $200
craigk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #19
craigk

Quote:
I totally get where your coming from but you have to see it from my point of view (the stupid spoiled little kid) I finally am about to get my license and this happens. I know I can get it fixed but I was saying if it wasn't fixable and I would have to buy a new tire. I would have to work to buy myself a new tire which would suck. I'm sure you've done a lot more working to get something you want (like your Camaro). So I get it some kid comes in and is bitching about his tiny problem.
Yes.
And you gotta admit, that dick in the tail pipe storie was funny as hell!!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #20
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMUCL View Post
When I was 14, I got my worker's permit and began working and saving. Right before I turned 16, I bought my first car . . . a 1982 Camaro. I worked hard for it, saved my money, and I LOVED THAT CAR.

You guys don't know whether this kid has worked for it. Besides, it is not like he is stepping into a ZL1.
Exactly some people are such ass holes. "Wah Wah wah, it's a little teen driving around in mommie's camaro... Blah blah blah, it's only a v6!" Stuff it people. You are some dicks to be talking to a kid in high school like that. It's just a 25 maybe 30 thousand dollar car. Do you know how many kids about high school age I see driving around in new cars about that price! Maybe his parents saved up maybe $4,000 every year to buy him a car like that. What's so bad about buying your kid a new reliable car that could hold its value more in the future FOR THEIR SAKE so they don't get stuck with a crapped out transmission or other problems later on? What's so bad about making your kids future better?

Some guys on here make me sick! My first car was brand new. I washed that thing every freaking chance I got! I was changing the oil and detailing that thing while others were at parties and getting drunk. I took our other car to school voluntarily when it rained or got icy. It's not like kids these days get brand new muscle cars or sports cars and beat the hell out of them because they just want to look cool.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #21
StangKiller14'

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
Yes.
And you gotta admit, that dick in the tail pipe storie was funny as hell!!!!
HAHA yeah it was
Old 09-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #22
StangKiller14'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
Exactly some people are such ass holes. "Wah Wah wah, it's a little teen driving around in mommie's camaro... Blah blah blah, it's only a v6!" Stuff it people. You are some dicks to be talking to a kid in high school like that. It's just a 25 maybe 30 thousand dollar car. Do you know how many kids about high school age I see driving around in new cars about that price! Maybe his parents saved up maybe $4,000 every year to buy him a car like that. What's so bad about buying your kid a new reliable car that could hold its value more in the future FOR THEIR SAKE so they don't get stuck with a crapped out transmission or other problems later on? What's so bad about making your kids future better?

Some guys on here make me sick! My first car was brand new. I washed that thing every freaking chance I got! I was changing the oil and detailing that thing while others were at parties and getting drunk. I took our other car to school voluntarily when it rained or got icy. It's not like kids these days get brand new muscle cars or sports cars and beat the hell out of them because they just want to look cool.
Exactly Thank you then one day I will do the same for my kids.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #23
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Exactly Thank you then one day I will do the same for my kids.
Anyway if the tire is destroyed its time for new tires, and if your going to get new tires then why not new rims? Uh oh I don't mean to inflict the mod bug on you, but I think you self inflicted yourself by choosing a camaro! Save up some money for mods, you'll be amazed how your creativity comes to life! Btw I think I have seen you post somewhere on the forums before... Huh I hate when I can't remember what we were talking about...
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #24
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
After reading this, I want my mommie!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #25
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
just get the flat fixed(end of story)..and congrats on one sweet ride.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #26
B00STED SS
RIP KCIR

Drives: Supercharged SS
Quote:
I am 15 years old and have my permit and in fifteen days will have my license. I cant wait to get it because once I get it the CAMARO is mine! But today after school I get a message from my mom saying she is outside my school with a flat. I come outside and change it to the spare and it can be repaired, I hope. Or else I'm going to be crusing around with a donut for awhile. what are some terrible luck stories you have.
When typing this out you didn't think you were going to get any sh!t?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Do not understand why some people on this board feel so damned superior and feel the need to knock down anyone young. Thankfully there are forums on Camaro5 for those that like their Camaro's, both a young forum, and a forum for us old farts.

We all have in common a love for our autos. I am 63 and think it is positive new drivers come to the more experienced for help and guidance. We all should be mentors to the new drivers and first car owners who have a passion for cars. After reading this thread, the most immature and near sighted people are the ones slamming the OP. You have all heard the phrase "haters will hate". Well there are too many haters of young people on this thread because a newbie might have it better then you had at age 16. You negative posters come off as immature haters that would 'key' someone else's car just because you perceive they have something better then you had at their age.

On my 16th birthday, back in the dark ages, my parents took me out of school to get my drivers license, I passed, they gave me the keys to a Thunderbird. And even back then there were haters. I looked about 14 and to this day I remember the haters saying look at that spoiled kid driving daddies car. But it was my car and I washed, waxed, detailed weekly because it was my first car and a damn nice car. That experience starting at age 16 has influenced me to this day at age 63, I take care of my autos.

Today at 63, some younger people might look at me now with distain, look at that old fart trying to look younger driving a Camaro, or Corvette, or fill in the blank. Haters will always hate.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #28
craigk

I, personally, was intentionally & obviously being immature.
Just trying to lighten it up a bit because I knew he was going to get flamed.
As for being a hater, those guys are always gonna hate. No changing that.
I understand some folks getting angry, but being more harsh than the ones your mad at....only fuels the bad.
I'm by no means a religious man, but I once heard a quote that just holds true:
"Don't pray for people to change, pray for tolerance of others".
When I'm about to pop off to someone I find myself recalling this.
I would like to say, I enjoy the site and interaction with the members, so if I offended anyone, my apologies.
Couldn't imaging getting that car at that age. I'd of been strutting hard.
I could almost guarantee you theres nothing anyone could say to this kid that would bring him down. After all, he can just go for a drive in his killer ride and forget about all the BS.

Tags
flat, license, luck, tires, wheels