Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #85
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
there was an issue with this a little while back that turned out to be due to the clutch and brake reservoir running off the same lines. instead of a separate reservoir for the clutch.
A design flaw, huh?
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #86
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
So they've replaced the clutch, changed the fluid, and seen it reproduced on a brand new car, and haven't been able to fix your problem. Hmm. I don't know. I know my car is fine, as well as others are. So I don't believe it's a design issue. Probably a defect somewhere. But the repairs haven't worked. Quite puzzling. Your best bet is to keep your papers together and if it continues to happen bring to dealer for what ever they can or will do. Once you've met the requirements lemon law it. It's sad that they can't fix it. I hate to see a Camaro owner upset because I know how great my car is and want everyone to have the same great experience. Hopefully you'll get a car that makes you happy. Even if it ends up not being a Camaro. :(

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #87
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Quote:
Once you've met the requirements lemon law it. It's sad that they can't fix it. I hate to see a Camaro owner upset because I know how great my car is and want everyone to have the same great experience. Hopefully you'll get a car that makes you happy. Even if it ends up not being a Camaro. :(
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #88
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBert View Post
Unfortunately, when GM's line of diagnosis is just to throw parts at a problem, which is obviously what they have done, then they are not doing their job.
I don't think that is just a GM thing. Several years ago I had an F250 Manual that had a problem with the clutch sticking about half way on the release. Ford replaced the transmission 3 times and the issue kept happening. The dealership told me they were on the phone with the Ford engineers and no one could understand why it was happening.

I finally realized it was happening after my then husband had driven the truck for a few days. Turned out he was popping the clutch and for some reason it was "adapting" to what he was doing.

I am in no way saying that people are popping the clutch and not offering this as a solution to the Camaro problem, just saying throwing parts at the issue seems to be a common thing between manufacturers.
snowtrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #89
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel1969 View Post
.....It's simple. either the fluid is boiling, it needs to be bled, and have fluid flushed, or the clutch itself is defective. If your saying they changed your clutch, then that leaves the hydro part of your clutch left to look into. Keep on it..... good luck!
All the research in the world points to the hydraulics.

An aftermarket company needs to come up with a cable clutch option just to completely avoid this problem. (Like the cable used on a 1999-2004 mustang GT.)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #90
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
as said before, what 2 different people consider "aggressive driving" is subjective. and while not trying to blame this on the driver, but the amount of time spent driving a manual car doesnt mean anything.
Your first point is accurate, but not in the context in which Milk was presenting it. The OP outlined 'basic driving around town'...It would be a SERIOUS stretch for anyone to consider that 'aggressive' and/or 'abusive'.

Regarding the amount of time driving a manual 'not meaning anything'...well...I think that's a stretch as well. Are there drivers that are as bad at driving manual after a year as they were on day one? Sure...but they are going to be in the extreme minority.

Common sense will tell you that the more you do something, the better you will be at it. Some people don't have common sense, and some people don't pay attention to it, so there's always exceptions. But there's a reason some things are considered 'common sense'...because the 'rule' generally applies.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #91
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Your first point is accurate, but not in the context in which Milk was presenting it. The OP outlined 'basic driving around town'...It would be a SERIOUS stretch for anyone to consider that 'aggressive' and/or 'abusive'.

Regarding the amount of time driving a manual 'not meaning anything'...well...I think that's a stretch as well. Are there drivers that are as bad at driving manual after a year as they were on day one? Sure...but they are going to be in the extreme minority.

Common sense will tell you that the more you do something, the better you will be at it. Some people don't have common sense, and some people don't pay attention to it, so there's always exceptions. But there's a reason some things are considered 'common sense'...because the 'rule' generally applies.
No, the OP stated that he was drivning aggressively. I was just highlighting the fact that GM can decide not to do warranty work if they feel you were abusing the car. You obviously still don't understand me. The more you do something doesn't neccesarily mean you will do it better.
It can also mean you are just doing it wrong consistently.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #92
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
No, the OP stated that he was drivning aggressively. I was just highlighting the fact that GM can decide not to do warranty work if they feel you were abusing the car. You obviously still don't understand me. The more you do something doesn't neccesarily mean you will do it better.
We understand you, we just don't agree with you. You've made your point, can we just agree to disagree please?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #93
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
We understand you, we just don't agree with you. You've made your point, can we just agree to disagree please?
Apperantly you don't. Because if you did, you'd see we are on the same page.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #94
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Does anyone think this issue might be related to the traction control somehow?

You guys who have had this issue, does it happen in normal driving mode, competition mode, or traction control off mode, or in all modes?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #95
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
He used driving aggressively as an example of 'under heavy load', he ALSO used the example of starting on a steep incline. I understand you fine...I think EVERYONE does. Your point, or lack thereof, is getting quite tedious.

Regarding 'the more you do something...' Thank you...you made my point about common sense.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #96
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Does anyone think this issue might be related to the traction control somehow?

You guys who have had this issue, does it happen in normal driving mode, competition mode, or traction control off mode, or in all modes?
I'm about 90% sure its related to the reservoir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
He used driving aggressively as an example of 'under heavy load', he ALSO used the example of starting on a steep incline. I understand you fine...I think EVERYONE does. Your point, or lack thereof, is getting quite tedious.

Regarding 'the more you do something...' Thank you...you made my point about common sense.
so we are on the same page?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #97
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Mossman...lol
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #98
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
In regard to the part numbers. Yes the part number has changed on the clutch. However I have found no bulletins suggesting that this was related to your problem. GM changes part numbers like I change underwear for a number of reasons. Further, the part number change is the same one for the C6 and Z06 cars. 09-07-31-001 is the only bulletin I have found and it was in reference to the vettes even older part number. The bulletin suggests that the clutch may have "prematurely forward adjusted" and the solution to the problem was to replace it with the part number your cars came with(the one that has changed numbers). I hope this clears things up some.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote