Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #449
Peppercorn

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
Yup, Peggy is the name of my Camaro. Peggy Bundy, my alter ego... lol... long & funny story. Let's just say it has to do with a pair of very tight skinny jeans, some 5" stilleto heels that my hubby and daughter got me to wear and how I walk in them. The story goes on from there but I shall leave it to your imagination.
Too funny. Hope you didn't twist an ankle. I know I sure would have.

btw, we named all of our cars since we don't have human kids. I have a white 2000 Formula WS6 & btw way, her name is Peggy too. (short for Pegasus) I know I know, don't have to say it...
Peppercorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #450
GATORJAK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Bad news, a teen driver hit my Camaro yesterday! We didn't even have time to wash the bugs off from the drive home...
Sorry to hear that! Glad your ok. Don't settle on the repairs, make'em fix it right.:(
Old 10-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #451
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Hey everyone, we had a great time down at CTC with all of you. Sorry we weren't around for the the group photo, don't know where we had scooted off too. We tried to get to all of the CTC locations but ran out of time and missed out on Ocean Springs this year. Maybe next year we can do this again. If anyone (Jimmie) got a pic of my Camaro with the 69Z-28 please let me know, our camara died and the phone pics didn't turn out very good.

Bad news, a teen driver hit my Camaro yesterday! We didn't even have time to wash the bugs off from the drive home... She said she didn't see me signaling for my right turn as I slowed down to take it and decided to pass me on the right as I was turning into a parking lot. I'm okay, no bumps or bruises, same for her but my Camaro cannot move, the front passenger side quarter panel, tire/rim, front bumper are trashed and the wheel is pushed in a few inches and tilted all wonky angled. She had to be towed to the dealership where she is awaiting repair. Good news is that the girls dad has the same insurance company as we do so it should make getting things fixed easier, and she got a citation for improper passing.

The way the car is parked, the driver side wheel is actually turned in towards the engine, or right, but the passenger wheel wouldn't go any further than this. Poor Peggy, she will never be the same
It was nice seeing you again! And wow, your poor baby!! :(
Old 10-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #452
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
Quote:
Bad news, a teen driver hit my Camaro yesterday! We didn't even have time to wash the bugs off from the drive home...
I am so sorry to read about Peggy. I am glad everyone is OK. Let's hope your dealer has a great paint and body shop.

I am also sorry I did not catch up with you again after Thurday night. I guess we were all busy "Cruisin-the-Coast". Did you get to the track? If so, how did she run?

Quote:
If anyone (Jimmie) got a pic of my Camaro with the 69Z-28 please let me know, our camara died and the phone pics didn't turn out very good.
Was there another 69 Z/28 hanging around other than mine?

Good luck on the repairs.

Randy

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #453
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORJAK View Post
Sorry to hear that! Glad your ok. Don't settle on the repairs, make'em fix it right.:(
She's at our Chevy dealership bodyshop where she's getting all new GM replacement parts, hope to have her back today.

The most bizarre part of the story is her parents, who weren't even there and despite the police report, wouldn't let her make a statement to the insurance company. They told the insurance co. that their girl was "not guilty". ha ha ha, what a farce. I gave my statement, sent the police report and waited. Meanwhile I told them to go ahead whith repairs and I'd pay for it and let the insurance company haggle over it.

Then, I got a phone call yesterday morning from my adjuster that the girl finally fessed up. sheesh!!! What was all the drama about? She didn't want to loose her good driving record, apparently I am her first accident. Hopefully it has taught her an important lesson and she got off lucky with no injuries!

Oh, I am also looking at getting some stripes on Peggy. Who had the Inferno Orange with the Gold Metallic stripes down the sides? I want to talk to them about those stripes!!!

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 10-22-2010 at 11:29 AM.
iluvmy67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote