Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Retrofit Fogs?

Still wondering if anybody has done some kind of mini projector retrofit on their fog lights? Or even did dome kind of projector install. I came across a few metal fog housings. They are more of a universal fog though. I know a vender here sells a projector set but they are a little overpriced in my eyes lol. Plus I really didn't like the tie wrap part of the install.
Another thing I was thinking about is, I have 25watt hid fogs now. They do look great but are a little to bright to use at night. (I won't blind other drivers by putting them on in traffic. I only use them on back roads at night). I was thinking about maybe opening them up and painting the inside (the chrome) black or IBM (it would match car nice). By painting it, it should cut down on the light throw a lot. With no reflection it should really cut down the beam. The only thing that worries me with trying it is the fog housings are around $80-$90 a set :(. I was thinking the would be cheaper but haven't found a good price on them yet.
Any thoughts or ideas? I'm trying to get as much info and ideas this week. I'm hoping to do my projector headlight install this coming weekend. I would light to do everything at once being I'll have it all ripped apart lol. T.I.A.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
i just did an install with the oracle/hella projectors and there pretty dam sweet the light output is insane and totally safe for hid and still have halos too if you choose
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
That would be my only suggestion here. By the time you get finished hacking up the factory fog light to accept a functional projector there will not be much left. If you use the Hella unit its basically already retrofitted for you and ready to install.
I bookmarked around 15 different sets of projectors. Even some of the BMW aftermarket ones. They are in mounts but can be pulled apart. The biggest thing I'm worried about is mounting them to the Camaro. If I remember correct even the Hella's you sell weren't a straight away mount :(. I'm looking for some way to mount to keep them level and even.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
I plan on using these when I do my fog lights. I used the morimotos from them for a headlight retrofit and was amazed at the quality for the price.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=249
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I got these from Ebay, they are HID projector fogs. They came with bulbs, but I fitted them with HID w ballasts. And use them for my fog lights.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK1-Universa...4248a3&vxp=mtr
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2871wt_1396
Here is the links for what I used.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote