Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #29
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Completely true (all the above). Too many cell phones in use, lack of proper training behind the wheel, and way to many young drivers who think their driving is just the bomb because they mastered the wheel in "Grand Theft Auto". The first time they find out you don't just bounce off and go on without a hitch, they straighten up a little. Unfortunately someone else usually gets the bad end of the collision before they learn. "Parents, turn off the XBox and get out and drive with them!"
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #30
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I just remembered something else...

The other day I saw a lady sitting next to me at a red light, in some sort of SUV I believe... she was smoking a cigarette, talking on the cell phone, and taking a drink of something (water?)... and when the light turned green, she started driving of course...

DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #31
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
INPA = Idiots Not Paying Attention
I have been rear ended twice in the last 10 years... The only solution to drivers not paying attention is to install a bulldozer blade on the back bumper..
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #32
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Ricers trying to damage their cars so they can get into a real, American car. Nothing worse than a japanese car, and some people are starting to realize that
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #33
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
It is just idiots on the road. The lights are very bright, has nothing to do with the car other than distracting idiots from stopping.
the lights are bright. i followed that SIM that had been all blacked-out for about 20 miles (we were going to a show) & they were plenty bright, even with the tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I'm officially quiting right now! No more texting while driving. I don't do it often, but I need stop all together.
i don't text message... ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachevy28 View Post
It's not the cars fault, it's people. And this is a big generalization/sterotype, but until they outlaw texting and cell phones, this sort of stuff will continute to happen. I now refuse to even talk on the phone in the car unless its through bluetooth, as both our cars will have now. People have forgotten the #1 rule of operating something that can kill somebody - pay attention.
many places have outlawed using phones in your hand while driving
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #34
NYCLS3

Drives: Toaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
Ricers trying to damage their cars so they can get into a real, American car. Nothing worse than a japanese car, and some people are starting to realize that
Not true, the Evo is pretty nice for the 6 months it stays together!

Too many cars on the road, people in a rush and stressed out, people thinking about problems and not concentrating on driving, tailgating, yapping with friends, changing radios, people stuffing their faces while trying to heel-toe, doing ones makeup, and cell phones; people definitely need to focus on getting from point A to point B in one piece. Better yet, they need to focus on getting to their destination without killing anyone in the process.
NYCLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #35
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I blame twitter. It's so trendy to be "TWD" Typing while driving nowdays.

GAP, uninsured / underinsured, PIP Personal Injury Protection. Consider all of those with your insurance. With all the unemployment too more sneakers driving around. People without papers and what not.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #36
jma313

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
every car should be a manual so people would not have the time or the extra hand to text i lost a mustang to some idiot who was texting
jma313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #37
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
yeah I have a vanity plate electronic grid which spells out whatever I want and has a feature that it will only light up when I brake or when I am using the lane changing indicator...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #38
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma313 View Post
every car should be a manual so people would not have the time or the extra hand to text i lost a mustang to some idiot who was texting
i don't know... once, i found a way to shift gears while making a left turn through an intersection, holding a cup of coffee in one hand, and holding a hamburger in my mouth. the radio was also on, so the only way i could've complicated that more was if i had a phone to be on

ps - i don't do that anymore, by the way
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #39
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
texting while driving should always be treated as a DUI. Holding a cell phone with one hand while voice chatting in an automatic vehicle is not unsafe imo, unless you are retarded, in which case you should avoid driving whenever possible.

I bought some onstar hands free calling minutes, but outside of their special offer it's like 40 cents a minute, how absurd is that?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
I'm with the folks who are pointing out changes in driver behavior

Folks texting / twittering/on phone etc etc
It is an epidemic round where I am
I often take motorcycle to work and you get a realy good view into the cars next to you

Scary how many folks are texting etc and I see huge number of younger folks on cellphones on looong calls alls and there is no law related to having to use hand free sets in NC.

Saw a businessman driving a really nice jaguar at 70+- steering with his knees and texting with both thumbs - simply scary
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #41
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Have you seen that video of the dude in India texting on his motorcycle?

It has cussing so it's flagged for adult viewing*.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #42
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Sorry but anyone who has been close to killed, or almost killed someone else while driving would not text or talk on the phone while driving. If someone seriously injurs me while texting or talking on the cell phone they better go into the witness protection program.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote