Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
PCV Opinions only

I do not want to use a oil cap breather ( not part of IPF), want to keep as close to stock lookin as possible ,(yes I know a supercharger is not stock) but having a 3 port catch can and utilizing the intake for the vacuum with a check valve to keep from backfeeding the system, can I have the secondary vent and intake vent plumbed to the same place, normally there would be very little "dirty" air there, only under boost when it is breathing to there would there be some mixing. Does this look good, any and all opinions are welcome. I could connect both valve covers to the can and then the can to the intake, deleting the intake suction, but that may delete the ability to pull fresh air through the system. I have the supercharger set up as designed now ( and it works fine), just looking for other experiences and suggestions. I have been watching other installs by IPF and several other manufacturers and it seems that every shop does it their own way varied from the system they bought, so this is a why thread, not a my way is better thread. A manufacturer puts many hard hours into designing their kits only to have someone change it up and possibly cause a problem.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I would install a filter on the drivers side line going to your SC inlet
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
That will work, not sure of the benefits over what you already have, but it seems that setup will be closer to stock because both sides will be under vacuum. The stock fresh air bridge hose already has a filter inline so you could use that. Also, you will have some oil ingestion if you don't add another catch can inline with the drivers side valve cover. However, I'm not sure of the severity of oil passing through a compressor...
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Get Tracys opinion if there is one thing he knows, it is the PCV system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
The drivers side is a inlet side, air is pulled through there so it would be filtered by the main air filter, just as it was stock. it evacs from the passenger side, to keep fresh air flowing.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
The drivers side is a inlet side, air is pulled through there so it would be filtered by the main air filter, just as it was stock. it evacs from the passenger side, to keep fresh air flowing.
You should try it out but make sure to research the effects of oil going through the head unit first as vacuum from the head unit will pull some oil from the drivers side valve cover.
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote