Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
CTSCC/Rolex Driver Demo

Hello everybody,

It's been quite a while since I've posted on here, for that I apologize. I'd like to preface the meat of this post by thanking the entire Camaro fan base for their undying support of myself and Stevenson Motorsports. Every race weekend (and occasionally in between) I get to meet some new bowtie fans, and each one is a unique character that shares a passion for the same piece of American automotive muscle. Again, thanks!

The following video was produced by my father and my manager without me knowing. They surprised me with an incredible job compiling all the Speed Channel footage of myself in the Stevenson Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro GS.R in the past two years. They did great work piecing them all together, and probably making me sound a bit better than I really am! Regardless, I'm very proud of what they've done, even if it does make me blush. If nothing else, it's some great shots of a racing Camaro getting the living hell beat out of it in the pursuit of victory, a feat we've pulled off three times with Stevenson Motorsports. This year was extra sweet as I earned 2nd in the driver championship and Stevenson won third in team points. With help from Mitchum Motorsports and CKS, we pushed Chevrolet to third in manufacture points as well.

I'm always honored when I'm given a chance to drive one of the Chevrolet race cars, and the following video shows some of my favorite moments. I recommend watching the whole long video, it documents all the great races we've had!

Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhjOjbZoHBk

Copywrite SPEED Channel, a Fox Broadcasting Company

P.S.
Bonus clip at the end showing the crazy run through the field at Road America last year-- from inside the car. Our Camaro was unbelievable! It was like we were in a different class. That race was the first time a Camaro GS.R ever won a race, an honor Stevenson Motorsports absolutely earned!
Driver, #9 Stevenson Motorsports Sunoco Camaro
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
Awesome! Thanks for being so accessible. I went to the 24@ daytona earlier this year and the drivers and whole team were great. Thanks for posting.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Matt, thanks so much for posting this. It was awesome to watch especially the in car camera footage! No doubt you have car control. How you can brake that late and not die is beyond me.

I love this series as the cars are so close to what I drive. It really is a Gen 5 Camaro racing not a hand built race car with some Camaro sheet metal slapped on.

I had the pleasure to meet you at Mid-Ohio your first season with Stevenson and you wheeled the #6 to the pole and ran hard up front until the front sway bar broke. You and the whole Stevenson team treated me and my bow tie buds so well that day. The time you all gave us in the pits and garage was priceless.

Congrats on the success in 2012 and doing all us Camaro nuts proud.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Matt,

Thanks for posting & letting us know you're still around! Great video and such a great series!

We're looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang at Mid-Ohio. Hubby & I have already started planning the 4th Annual Camaro/Firebird Corral there in June (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258493) and I know other folks will be doing the same at other venues.

Keep those Camaros up front!!

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
Well I've always enjoyed the number of Camaro fans that show up at Ohio. I'll see if we can do something extra special for you guys as well! Just got back from testing at Barber with the Camaro which, if I understand things correctly, has been approved to run as a 1LE, not an SS! We'll be getting Chevy's best improvements to an already great car, PLUS all the things that Kaz Tech and the rest of the Stevenson development team has mustered up for 2013. Keep posted, this year should be a good one!
Driver, #9 Stevenson Motorsports Sunoco Camaro
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Thanks for the Video!!!

I watch every chance I can!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBellRacing View Post
Well I've always enjoyed the number of Camaro fans that show up at Ohio. I'll see if we can do something extra special for you guys as well! Just got back from testing at Barber with the Camaro which, if I understand things correctly, has been approved to run as a 1LE, not an SS! We'll be getting Chevy's best improvements to an already great car, PLUS all the things that Kaz Tech and the rest of the Stevenson development team has mustered up for 2013. Keep posted, this year should be a good one!
Matt,

Do you guys race/test at Road Atlanta? We have a large Camaro Club here in Atlanta, that would really enjoy meeting you and seeing the car.

Thanks,

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Matt,

Do you guys race/test at Road Atlanta? We have a large Camaro Club here in Atlanta, that would really enjoy meeting you and seeing the car.

Thanks,

David
Hey David,
I have contact info for the guy at Grand-Am for the Corrals and he is looking for someone to be the contact for a Corral at Road Atlanta in April (19-20). Please PM me if you're interested & I'll pass the info along. Thanks!!
Sherry

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Quote:
AWESOME - look forward to seeing you and the team in June!!! We always enjoy the tours/Q&As and opportunity to check out your race cars...now we'll have to see if we can get you over to the Corral to check out OUR Camaros/Firebirds !

Old 11-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Got my attention now!

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
cpc63

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Missed you and the #9 at the recent testing at the new KS Speedway road course, was great to see the #57 with Robin and John behind the wheel. Look forward to seeing everyone in August under the lights and on the podium.
Thanks for the great video.
cpc63 is offline   Reply With Quote