Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #71
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Got my sway bars this week! Now I just need time to put them on!

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #72
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnSS View Post
Got my sway bars this week! Now I just need time to put them on!
Don't find time...make time. Car handles amazing with them!
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #73
BalogUK
THE architect.

So the drive home this evening was finally dry. These things are ridiculous and are gonna get me into some serious trouble (FUN). I may have been pretty ticked that it took so long but now the bigger question is why I waited so long! If you're on the fence about the Pfadt ZL Stage 2 kit, do yourself a favor and DO IT already. :rocker:
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #74
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
So the drive home this evening was finally dry. These things are ridiculous and are gonna get me into some serious trouble (FUN). I may have been pretty ticked that it took so long but now the bigger question is why I waited so long! If you're on the fence about the Pfadt ZL Stage 2 kit, do yourself a favor and DO IT already. :rocker:
I'm getting mine installed next Friday by Haddad Motorsports who did my springs.
I was wondering if you ever found out what your suspension noise was?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #75
BalogUK
THE architect.

Yes, it was the two lock nuts for the front endlinks- if they're not completely snug, they loosen up and allow the joints to move and pop. Simple fix and gave me an opportunity to re-torque most everything after a few days of driving.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #76
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #77
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Hey baloguk how you liking your new set up I love mine but my only problem is when turning I get a weird noise idk what it is. It's not rubbing but sounds like it could be a strut or new full bushings need to be broken in idk yet.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #78
BalogUK
THE architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
Hey baloguk how you liking your new set up I love mine but my only problem is when turning I get a weird noise idk what it is. It's not rubbing but sounds like it could be a strut or new full bushings need to be broken in idk yet.
Lakers-
I'm absolutely loving the new setup. It's like a totally different car, isn't it!?

Sorry to hear about your noises- what's the noise you're hearing!?? Mine is perfectly silent other than my tires screaming.... Have you isolated the noise as coming front? May be worth jacking up front with a friend and crank left and right to see if you can pin it down. First thing I'd check is the endlinks as they have "user" adjustment....
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #79
lakersftbl69

Quote:
Lakers-
I'm absolutely loving the new setup. It's like a totally different car, isn't it!?

Sorry to hear about your noises- what's the noise you're hearing!?? Mine is perfectly silent other than my tires screaming.... Have you isolated the noise as coming front? May be worth jacking up front with a friend and crank left and right to see if you can pin it down. First thing I'd check is the endlinks as they have "user" adjustment....
It is all together different I love it. To bad the cars didn't come like this from factory. The noise has seemed to quiet down after I got the bushings timed. We will see maybe I just need to drive it more and harder a lil bit lol to let everything break in.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #80
lakersftbl69

Oh yeah the noise I hear is weird lol I can't describe it. It may possibly have to do with my front alignment possibly being off I need to order new bolts so when I get those and re do the front alignment that might help.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #81
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Had my Pfadt ZLspec sways installed by Haddad Motorsports on Friday with the poly subframe bushings. I already had the Hotchkis 1" drop springs installed. I notice that the ride is harsher over undulated uneven surfaces and bumps, but, ride nice on even or smooth roads. No noises and the handling is great. Now I notice the limitations of the P-Zeros.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #82
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Had my Pfadt ZLspec sways installed by Haddad Motorsports on Friday with the poly subframe bushings. I already had the Hotchkis 1" drop springs installed. I notice that the ride is harsher over undulated uneven surfaces and bumps, but, ride nice on even or smooth roads. No noises and the handling is great. Now I notice the limitations of the P-Zeros.
Good feedback! Yes the ride will be harsher on uneven bumps, but like you said on even surfaces it will feel no different! Time to upgrade those tires and really have some fun!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #83
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
I have this too. do not know what it is but going to Davenport in a couple of weeks for a major upgrade on my Pfadt suspension and see if they find something

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #84
lakersftbl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
I have this too. do not know what it is but going to Davenport in a couple of weeks for a major upgrade on my Pfadt suspension and see if they find something
Please post what you find out when you get it done.