Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Tuning Newbie

So, I ordered some LT headers, a Catback exhaust, CAI, and ported TB. I should be doing all the installs within the next two weeks. Question I have is what to do about the follow on tune.

I drive a 2011 1LT Automatic.

What would be the best tune option for me? A handheld? A dyno tune? Any tune recommendations?

What i'm looking for is to clear any CELs I might get and maximize performance.

Thanks!

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
currently, the only 2 options you have are trifecta and IPF. It seems that the IPF is the way to go, but it is more expensive. They are both mail order tunes.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
So being mail order tunes, are they easy to figure out/use?

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I don't have any experience with IPF, but trifecta is easy to use. I am assuming they both work is similar ways. you contact them, tell them the mods you have on your car, and they will send you a base tune for those mods. you install the tune through a laptop or computer, plug it into your obd2 port and install. take the car out and do some datalogging and then send that data back to the company, and they can tweak anything they need to tweak.

the sucky part about that, is the wait time. sometimes it can take a little while to get a response back. unlike HP tuner or EFI live, that can be tweaked on the spot.

although, with the basic setup, like what you are about to get/install, they probably don't have to tweak anything. their base tune will probably be fine. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with IPF. Right now, we currently don't have a tune, and don't plan on getting one for quite a while.