Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #603
Camarofan123

Drives: None
What I want to see is a drag race between the 2010 Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Challenger SRT8 like one of the magazines did with the ZR1 and some other fast cars. I know who would win and lose but I would like to see by HOW much. This test would be much better when a 5.0 4V Mustang is available.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #604
56chevywagon

Drives: 10 Camaro SS - 03 Silverado SS
Your average car (Note: Average is the key word) looses an average of 18% to the wheels depending on application (ie. auto, manual, awd applications). So, a 400hp car with the average 18% loss would loose 72hp through the transmission to the wheels putting it at/about 328hp to the wheels.

2003 Silverado SS - Mods: Polished Radix S/C 3.10 pulley, Jerry's Transmissions Inc (Sprayed99) Built Tranny, Yank TT3000 Stall Converter, MSD Super Conductor 8.5 Wires, Airaid box w/ K&N Cone Filter, Flex-A-Lite 282 Elec. Fans, Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers, Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar, and a Shopman SS Bowtie.
2010 Camaro RS/SS- VIN 9852 - 2SS, RS Package, Inferno Orange w/ Cyber Gray Stripes, Inferno Orange Interior Accents, Body Color Engine Covers, Sunroof

Last edited by 56chevywagon; 05-18-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #605
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
If I wanted to read stuff about a Mustang wouldn't I just go to whatever forum they are on. Occasional discussion about rival cars is fine, but what is with all these Mustang people on here. Your more than welcome here of course, but I drive a Camaro and I don't hang out on a Mustang forum.
If you didnt want to read about the mustang, why did you click on the link?

BTW that goes for everyone who commented in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
We'll see. I agree it's getting annoying.
If you cant swim stay out of the pool. If you dont want to read about other cars, stay out of the ''General: Other Cars" section.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #606
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

If you cant swim stay out of the pool. If you dont want to read about other cars, stay out of the ''General: Other Cars" section.
I totally agree if you don't want to talk about it why click on it just to say that LOL
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #607
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

Are you trying to get banned? This is a camaro site first and milk is a MOD here so he has to look at every thread. And we are all sick of seeing "look how cool the _________ is" We choose to allow this conversation to keep some members happy but the bottom line is we the staff decide what goes and doesn't

So, quit acting like this is your personal play ground for all things cars.

Figure it out. Camaro Forum. Respect that or go away. We don't HAVE to induldge any car conversation. We aren't a general forum we are a Camaro forum. The rope just gets shorter and shorter.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #608
Vizon
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Are you trying to get banned? This is a camaro site first and milk is a MOD here so he has to look at every thread. And we are all sick of seeing "look how cool the _________ is" We choose to allow this conversation to keep some members happy but the bottom line is we the staff decide what goes and doesn't

Figure it out. Camaro Forum. Respect that or go away. We don't HAVE to induldge any car conversation. We aren't a general forum we are a Camaro forum. The rope just gets shorter and shorter.
I would prefer this whole section be removed if we can't talk about other cars here without being "banned." It's less tempting.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #609
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Well that was enough nazizm for me lol peace out cubscouts.

might as well delete the "other cars" forum i have no idea why it is there.
stating that you cant in reality talk about other cars in the other cars section even though it's on a camaro forum just boggles my mind, might as well call it the "other camaros" section.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #610
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post

stating that you cant in reality talk about other cars in the other cars section even though it's on a camaro forum just boggles my mind, might as well call it the "other camaros" section.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #611
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

I don't have the privilage to skip through threads.

I think some of you would be happier if we just got rid of the "other cars" section. Just like we did with politics. Just like then, people are starting to show that they can't have civilized conversation about it.

Personnally, I like talking and reading about other cars. However, like someone else mentioned the "other cars" section is starting to look like a Mustang sub-forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
I would prefer this whole section be removed if we can't talk about other cars here without being "banned." It's less tempting.
Quote:

you guys really don't understand. Do you?
Why come here to talk about the Mustang when you have your own forums, where you can talk all you want about it?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #612
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
you guys really don't understand. Do you?
Why come here to talk about the Mustang when you have your own forums, where you can talk all you want about it?

because i dont want to be around a bunch of mindless zombies saying how great one car is? sounds like a cult. where nobody says anything about their own car no matter what happens. a little ridiculous dont you think? talk about a closed mind... thats the worst.

you guys banned arc angel for a month for saying

Quote:
I totally agree if you don't want to talk about it why click on it just to say that LOL
seriously. lil over the top no? especially in this section of the forum created by the admins.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #613
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
There is an ogoing issue at play here that you are not aware of. And to prove that we don't just ban people. I won't ban the member below for calling me a Nazi even after I had a discussion with him this morning on the topic of "other cars" and their place here.

Quote:

Do what you think is best. You don't have all the information and we've already come to an agreement, or so I thought.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #614
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
my vote went with the camaro

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #615
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Gtahvit, why were they banned?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #616
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
There is an ogoing issue at play here that you are not aware of. And to prove that we don't just ban people. I won't ban the member below for calling me a Nazi even after I had a discussion with him this morning on the topic of "other cars" and their place here.

Do what you think is best. You don't have all the information and we've already come to an agreement, or so I thought.

i am not saying anything out of this world or inflammatory except for the usual pun here and there which is at least on my end light hearted. but i must have taken this section of your forums too literally it seems, as much as i never name call when i get called a little girl, or a fan boy, or that all mustang owners are ignorant, and nobody cares, i sit here and express my self as calmy as i can and make a brake weight joke here and there, and feelings are hurt? i see mostly men on this forum, adult men, what is with all the sensitivity?

i'm going to go ahead and take my ban now, see you guys in a month.

Closed Thread