Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
Toross

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe
13mpg on the highway. That's my kinda driving. I had to raise that number up to 20ish though after I got that warning letter in the mail about my license lol. It's so weird I never got that with my 01 impala.
Toross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
12mpg! Around town, heavy throttle! Haven't had it on the highway long enough to tell that number.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
12mpg? Jesus. Are you the legendary Bigfoot?
Jalberdi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Toross

My issue was that somehow I got it in my head that any car on the road that pulled up beside me obviously wanted to race. For me minivans still count as win. Even if they didn't know they were racing.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toross View Post
My issue was that somehow I got it in my head that any car on the road that pulled up beside me obviously wanted to race. For me minivans still count as win. Even if they didn't know they were racing.
That's some funny stuff right there.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
I have a heavy foot and mine range from 260 to 276...when i fill up
lol @ heavy foot. Your alittle speed demon aren't you?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
I'll never understand someone concerning themselves with MPG when considering a 425hp 6.2L V8 sports car..

if you care about Miles Per Gallon buy a Prius, if you care about Smiles Per Miles buy a Camaro..

I opted for the later, could give a rats behind about MPG, I haven't owned a car in 25 years that I cared about MPG, I leave that worry to the wife (and yeah she has a Hybrid Camry).
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
I'll never understand someone concerning themselves with MPG when considering a 425hp 6.2L V8 sports car..

if you care about Miles Per Gallon buy a Prius, if you care about Smiles Per Miles buy a Camaro..

I opted for the later, could give a rats behind about MPG, I haven't owned a car in 25 years that I cared about MPG, I leave that worry to the wife (and yeah she has a Hybrid Camry).
I think i said that yesterday to someone on here.

Here you go problem solved.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
Toross

Oh just wait and u will c what I mean. It just feels wrong to do a slow launch in an SS. And if u think the money stops at the gas.... Ohhh it's never enough. They make upgrades and mods for every inch of her and u will want them all!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toross View Post
Oh just wait and u will c what I mean. It just feels wrong to do a slow launch in an SS. And if u think the money stops at the gas.... Ohhh it's never enough. They make upgrades and mods for every inch of her and u will want them all!!!!
That's another thing I'm kind of worried about, all the mods. I would hate to become addicted to it.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
yardstick

Drives: 2012 Black 1SS
Man, some people got up on the wrong side of the bed. Who cares if it has been asked before. Especially when I see some really ridiculous questions. Like what color do you like....lol. Who cares what color I like....I bought the color I wanted and if someone doesn't like it, they are more than welcome to buy the one they like. Questions on how to do something, what could be causing this problem, what effect did this mod have on your car, etc? I's sure they have been asked numerous times too. But, that is how people learn and that is part of the purpose of this board.

OP - I get 20 mpg with 80 percent hwy speeds w/stops and 20 percent city streets. Hwy speeds vary between 65-75 using the A/C. 19 gal tank ....works out to about 380 miles. But, I would never run my tank below 1/2. Keeps fuel pump cool and I never run out of gas. Did that once and swore.....never again.
yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
That's another thing I'm kind of worried about, all the mods. I would hate to become addicted to it.

I'm already addicted... and only had the car for 2 days..

I spent quite a bit on mods today.. However my smile is ear to ear everytime I drive it, and will be even bigger when the packages start arriving..
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
Don't they got programs to help mod addicts?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
Toross

I like ur point yardstick. I don't really understand why all the hostility. It's almost like I missed the memo saying there was a shortage on web space so the number of new camaro threads need to b limited.