Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #589
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Unlike past iterations, this Z/28 will probably not be readily available or within financial reach of the masses...
agreed, this thing has way to many high dollar go fast goodies on it. I mean its going to destroy pretty much anything on the race track which is the point but all that stuff is $$$$
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #590
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SShowngo View Post
is it just me or did they delete the 4 gauge pack,the interior pick showed a manaul but no gauge pod. i think if its billed as a great performance car with handling i would want the gauges.overall NICE!!!!!!
Those gauges have always been redundant. The DIC will alert the driver when there are oil, temp and volt issues (as it does now for all SS and V6 owners with and without the gauges).

The last thing you want to do when racing is look down......
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #591
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Maybe it has already been covered, but is the color HUD and DIC going to be retrofittable to a 2013 ZL1 with MyLink and Nav?

Or is it going to be possible but prohibited by expense? Or simply not possible at all?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #592
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Maybe it has already been covered, but is the color HUD and DIC going to be retrofittable to a 2013 ZL1 with MyLink and Nav?

Or is it going to be possible but prohibited by expense? Or simply not possible at all?
On another note the Z/28 doesn't have the HUD....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #593
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
If I had a ZL-1, there is no way I'd trade down to the new Z28, and then pay more for it. That's crazy. How often can anyone use the "three seconds faster than a ZL-1" feature during the course of normal everyday travels. Even if you have deep pockets, this car just ain't worth it. I'll take creature comforts anyday over slightly more speed. The ZL-1 is almost as fast and has all the bells and whistles. Personally I don't even like the front or rear styling and what's in between, most of us already have and then some. Just my two cents.
Totally understand where you are coming from. But my feeling is the opposite. When I finally got to drive the ZL1, I could respect it but it didn't make me passionate like my Boss did. This is the Camaro I'd want. It pains me to say this but it's even more raw and a better execution of my ideal than the Boss. But then again, without the Boss would it have happened? In either case this car is one I can't wait to become intimately acquainted with. I'll say it again, way to go GM.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #594
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I really doubt it. They knew this was coming, just like most here where sure it was. Its a back and forth game. next year ford will pull something crazy out, then GM will answer back and so on. Its really exciting, and a good time to be an enthusiast. The next few years are going to be really exciting!
I hope so.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #595
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #596
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!
I think alot are bitching bc they finally got the car they been dreaming off and its going to be to expensive for the majority of them.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #597
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
Toss a Z/28 badge on it and suddenly everyone loves it.

I'll say what I said before - I'm not a fan of the hood vent. I know why it's there now - but I still wish they executed it better. I've liked the front fascia treatment all along, the taillights look better with a professional pic and not what we saw on a SD broadcast (proper lighting and all that).

Throwback to 1969 - that's what they are aiming for and I will agree, they hit that mark. The car is honestly a race car you can drive on the street. Buy on saturday, race on sunday.

They've done good in the mechanics department. The car just needs a different hood and it would be perfect. I'm glad they brought back the Z/28 - I'm on the fence about the fact that the car still weighs in @ 3900lbs (the ZL1 is 4100 - 300 = 3900lbs).

Still a pig - but the LS7 will help with that a bit. Still. If GM plans to keep the Camaro Z/28 moniker alive through to the alpha platform, I think that I will be choosing that route. We'll have to see...

-RK
I believe 4100-300=3800 haha
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #598
gmen09

Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
Toss a Z/28 badge on it and suddenly everyone loves it.

I'll say what I said before - I'm not a fan of the hood vent. I know why it's there now - but I still wish they executed it better. I've liked the front fascia treatment all along, the taillights look better with a professional pic and not what we saw on a SD broadcast (proper lighting and all that).

Throwback to 1969 - that's what they are aiming for and I will agree, they hit that mark. The car is honestly a race car you can drive on the street. Buy on saturday, race on sunday.

They've done good in the mechanics department. The car just needs a different hood and it would be perfect. I'm glad they brought back the Z/28 - I'm on the fence about the fact that the car still weighs in @ 3900lbs (the ZL1 is 4100 - 300 = 3900lbs).

Still a pig - but the LS7 will help with that a bit. Still. If GM plans to keep the Camaro Z/28 moniker alive through to the alpha platform, I think that I will be choosing that route. We'll have to see...

-RK
I believe 4100-300=3800 haha it's ok everyone has those moments
Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #599
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
I have a Challenger, but I wanted to come over and congratulate you guys on getting some awesome cars from GM. First the ZL1 and now the Z/28. Seems like at least GM listens to you guys and brings to market products you've asked for.

Wish I could say the same for Dodge

Meanwhile at Dodge design HQ

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #600
gmen09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
No 4 pack gauges
No nav
No h.i.d. Lights
No fog lights
No radio
No folding backseat
Smaller wheels

Not buying it
You really don't understand the purpose of this car, it is a pure performance car, not just another gadget-filled driving appliance.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #601
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
No 4 pack gauges
No nav
No h.i.d. Lights
No fog lights
No radio
No folding backseat
Smaller wheels

Not buying it
You don't get it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #602
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Totally understand where you are coming from. But my feeling is the opposite. When I finally got to drive the ZL1, I could respect it but it didn't make me passionate like my Boss did. This is the Camaro I'd want. It pains me to say this but it's even more raw and a better execution of my ideal than the Boss. But then again, without the Boss would it have happened? In either case this car is one I can't wait to become intimately acquainted with. I'll say it again, way to go GM.
Agree. If I didn't already have my Boss I would seriously consider this... the new Z/28 is a track winner and we haven't even seen the real world #'s yet!
Quote:
to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think alot are bitching bc they finally got the car they been dreaming off and its going to be to expensive for the majority of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmen09 View Post
You really don't understand the purpose of this car, it is a pure performance car, not just another gadget-filled driving appliance.
Some don't think outside the box... they need to on this one.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums