Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Orangecamarors

Drives: Orange RS Lt 2
Smile Bmw M6 muffler sound on a Camaro Rs V6

PHP Code:
Hello I am planing on swapping out my mufflers for new soundMy brother owns a 2008 bmw M6 and it sounds amazing anyway he drives itHas a muscle car sound to it but with a different hum styleAny ways I like the sound and want to find a muffler that sounds like itI really like magna flow and flowmaster but I want to go different on this one this timeI like how my 2010 camaro rs sounds like but only when you drive it hard is when you can hear that grate sound and best when you drive in to a tunnel is when the best sound comes alivebut driving normal it sounds way to quite too meSo I all ways have to flor it to get the sound I likeI like that hum drone the m6 has with out even having to flor itBut I can seem to find out what muffler can make the same noise i know they are cutback exhaustBut should I have the resonators removed from my carI neared it makes the car louderBut will it pass smog

I have been looking at several exhaust but the one I have liked the most is the m6Just worried about my car sounding like a some wanna be Honda racer with the horrible muffler you hear all the time :faintbut I always liked a deep American sound just want to go euro muscle this time because of the hum it has :thumbupalso the worry about my camaro being v6 and the m6 having v10 with twin turboBut my camaro shore has the power to be those punks in Hondas :confused0068
Ps I know a lot are going to say stick with the American sound well when I headed the m6 it sounded like a muscle car but a different tonePlus it's my car and my choose. Also I would have like to have gotten the ss but they sold it when we went for it. but hey what more can a 16 year old want then a orange camaro RS LT 2 that blowes away the Hondas :clap2: 
Orangecamarors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecamarors View Post
Hello I am planing on swapping out my mufflers for new sound. My brother owns a 2008 bmw M6 and it sounds amazing anyway he drives it. Has a muscle car sound to it but with a different hum style. Any ways I like the sound and want to find a muffler that sounds like it. I really like magna flow and flowmaster but I want to go different on this one this time. I like how my 2010 camaro rs sounds like but only when you drive it hard is when you can hear that grate sound and best when you drive in to a tunnel is when the best sound comes alive. but driving normal it sounds way to quite too me. So I all ways have to flor it to get the sound I like. I like that hum drone the m6 has with out even having to flor it. But I can seem to find out what muffler can make the same noise i know they are cutback exhaust. But should I have the resonators removed from my car? I neared it makes the car louder? But will it pass smog?

I have been looking at several exhaust but the one I have liked the most is the m6. Just worried about my car sounding like a some wanna be Honda racer with the horrible muffler you hear all the time but I always liked a deep American sound just want to go euro muscle this time because of the hum it has also the worry about my camaro being v6 and the m6 having v10 with twin turbo. But my camaro shore has the power to be those punks in Hondas
Ps I know a lot are going to say stick with the American sound well when I headed the m6 it sounded like a muscle car but a different tone. Plus it's my car and my choose. Also I would have like to have gotten the ss but they sold it when we went for it. but hey what more can a 16 year old want then a orange camaro RS LT 2 that blowes away the Hondas
(Non PHP quote)
Go for it, a previous member used the Z4 M edition exhaust from super sprint I believe, his set up was around 2.5k worth of work but it sounded amazing.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
$2500 for an exhaust system? not worth it and I know for a fact there is no way our V6 Camaro is going to sound like a V10 supercar.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
feel free to try it if you'd like. It could end up sound really awesome, but you really should not expect it sound like your brother's M6.

You may know this already, but a major component of the sound is driven by the engine itself due to the cylinders, and harmonics, and all kinds of mumbo jumbo I don't completely understand but I have a pretty good idea about. The exhaust then just takes that and refines it.

So again, don't expect M6 sound.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
feel free to try it if you'd like. It could end up sound really awesome, but you really should not expect it sound like your brother's M6.

You may know this already, but a major component of the sound is driven by the engine itself due to the cylinders, and harmonics, and all kinds of mumbo jumbo I don't completely understand but I have a pretty good idea about. The exhaust then just takes that and refines it.

So again, don't expect M6 sound.
I just sold an M6 a couple months ago. The only way to make a car sound like an M6 is to buy an M6
Old 07-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Orangecamarors

Hi thanks for responding. $ 2500 is a lot trying to go for a max limit of 500 my friend can help me with the pipe making.
And I really don't know much about what you need and all those other parts. And yes I know about the size of the engin there's a huge difrence from the 500 Hp compare to the 302 Hp te camaro has.
So I'm trying to find something that is loud for the m6 but since the v6 is smaller it will sound less. And I heared of a muffler called ennicmenn but they sond to much like a Honda. So I want the best muffler with a loud mussel sound with the hum drone.

And I heared if you remove the resonators and put a pipe instead that it makes the car much louder. But will it pass smog?
Also what if I keep my stock exhaust but remove the resonator ? Would there be any sound difrence ?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
simt3k

(WORST exhaust on a V6 Camaro= Rice/Rasp)

We arent trying to bash you but if you check the exhaust sticky there are some great combinations that sound nice. If you remove your resonators with your stock mufflers your car will sound rice. If you want to pass smog, maybe run shorty headers, stock or HF cats, Resonated X pipe for rasp control and 3" straight the back from that.

JBA shorties + Solo HFC + Resonated Magnaflow Xpipe 11386 (in place of H pipe) + 3" piping all the way should sound clean. Without thinking over your exhaust carefully you can potentially create a ricer or raspy rabbit

Be careful choosing your set up.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Orangecamarors

Ya that sounds way too much like a Honda I hate. I really want the lowest cost with the best sound to it.
I found some flow master 10 series on Craigslist for $90 maybe I can get them lower in $70 he's been trying so sell them for awhile. But would they sound good? Are they way to loud ? I don't want to be getting pulled over. But still don't want my car to sound like crap. I do like American muscle sound with the deep groul to it.

So should I keep the resonators on I herd people take them off when they change there muffler. So will it only sound horrible if I keep the stock on ?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
jamison90

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Most people get the mrt v2. That's what i had on mine along with long tube headers. You're not really going to get that deep American muscle sound that you're looking for, but you will get a nice refined sound with this set up- the resonated x pipe along with the mrt v2 and maybe a set of long tube headers with high flow cats, but that's about as close as you'll get in my opinion.
jamison90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I hate to say it but all your really modding in my opinion is the idle and slight to moderate acceleration sound. About 90% of camaro wot vids, doesn't matter what exhaust, will sound exactly the same.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
jamison90

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I hate to say it but all your really modding in my opinion is the idle and slight to moderate acceleration sound. About 90% of camaro wot vids, doesn't matter what exhaust, will sound exactly the same.
agreed, no cats, long tubes, and no resonators will give you a nice little rumble at idle and low rpm's. At higher rpm's though, they will all sound pretty much the same and higher pitched but volume will vary.
jamison90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
mmm..M6...10 throttle bodies, 10 cylinders,8200 rpm redline...very badass car with a nasty exhaust note.
-CAI cold air intake (black)/Apex scoop
-LSR shifter
-Rick Crawford intake manifold
-Monster level 3 clutch
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecamarors View Post
PHP Code:
Hello I am planing on swapping out my mufflers for new soundMy brother owns a 2008 bmw M6 and it sounds amazing anyway he drives itHas a muscle car sound to it but with a different hum styleAny ways I like the sound and want to find a muffler that sounds like itI really like magna flow and flowmaster but I want to go different on this one this timeI like how my 2010 camaro rs sounds like but only when you drive it hard is when you can hear that grate sound and best when you drive in to a tunnel is when the best sound comes alivebut driving normal it sounds way to quite too meSo I all ways have to flor it to get the sound I likeI like that hum drone the m6 has with out even having to flor itBut I can seem to find out what muffler can make the same noise i know they are cutback exhaustBut should I have the resonators removed from my carI neared it makes the car louderBut will it pass smog

I have been looking at several exhaust but the one I have liked the most is the m6Just worried about my car sounding like a some wanna be Honda racer with the horrible muffler you hear all the time :faintbut I always liked a deep American sound just want to go euro muscle this time because of the hum it has :thumbupalso the worry about my camaro being v6 and the m6 having v10 with twin turboBut my camaro shore has the power to be those punks in Hondas :confused0068
Ps I know a lot are going to say stick with the American sound well when I headed the m6 it sounded like a muscle car but a different tonePlus it's my car and my choose. Also I would have like to have gotten the ss but they sold it when we went for it. but hey what more can a 16 year old want then a orange camaro RS LT 2 that blowes away the Hondas :clap2: 
sIMPLIFY...get a magnaflow Res X-pipe with axleback Flowmasters. Its all you need for a deep mello rice free sound.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post

(WORST exhaust on a V6 Camaro= Rice/Rasp)

We arent trying to bash you but if you check the exhaust sticky there are some great combinations that sound nice. If you remove your resonators with your stock mufflers your car will sound rice. If you want to pass smog, maybe run shorty headers, stock or HF cats, Resonated X pipe for rasp control and 3" straight the back from that.

JBA shorties + Solo HFC + Resonated Magnaflow Xpipe 11386 (in place of H pipe) + 3" piping all the way should sound clean. Without thinking over your exhaust carefully you can potentially create a ricer or raspy rabbit

Be careful choosing your set up.
Sounds like a Civic. Not a good sound for a Camaro. I assume no X pipe has been added here.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
muffler european sound