Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #15
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Not defending the show, but they did state they secured a strip at an airport for the venue for 3 hrs.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Fastest street cars? I don't think so....

I think the show would of been better if it went across the country to events like RSD at Great lakes and filmed.

but I still will watch! GO FARM TRUCK! get rid of AZN!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

I think the same thing about the show Moonshiners, even though I heard or read somewhere that they're just hauling water in the bottles rather than real moonshine!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Holy multi-post batman!

Last edited by PsychoZL1; 06-13-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: multi-post woes from crappy unresponsive internet
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.
the racemaster guy did say that later on. but the opening shot said undisclosed public road. and then later it was the airport. maybe some editing was messed up or they just messed up.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

All these "shows" about people doing illegal stuff are somewhat interesting, but you raise a good point. Can't some attorney just subpoena the whole show as evidence? I mean, how do you deny you were making moonshine, or racing cars or whatever, when a whole television series was aired?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
It's not just the illegal activity that bothers me its the message they are sending out to impressionable teenagers. It's sad that the one dad said about his son getting into street racing was he couldn't say anything because he does it.

We had a similar situation here a few years back when a 18 year old had a Mustang that was built by his drag racing father for him that got into a street race with a Viper. They topped a hill and the mustang rear ended a CRV that burst into flames Killing one girl and seriously burning the other girl. The boy only got two years for the crime.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #23
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
watched about 5 seconds of it, and turned it.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.
Unfortunately not staged I would not have such a big issue with it if it was.
These guys are well known down here and while street racing asshats they are legit.
I have an issue with discovery making them into heroes and telling the world that street racing is ok by proxy regardless of the disclaimers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Ive actually seen that farm truck on several videos online and youtube.

Its a legit truck.

Im sure street racing is big there and that part is real but this is reality TV something in this show is a bit "exaggerated".

I will continue to watch

Last edited by TRC-SS; 06-14-2013 at 10:28 AM.
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Its not on trueTV it's on discovery... not quite trailer trash TV.
LS1Tech and 1320 has street racers that have been up there during the filming and swear it's being filmed exactly as it happens.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Its not on trueTV it's on discovery... not quite trailer trash TV.
LS1Tech and 1320 has street racers that have been up there during the filming and swear it's being filmed exactly as it happens.
Yea i feel that its legit. Just you know how reality TV can be, people will "act up" when the camera is around. Just sayin some of the things said, and the fights and arguments might be a bit blown up do to the camera but no matter what i do like the show.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Unfortunately not staged I would not have such a big issue with it if it was.
These guys are well known down here and while street racing asshats they are legit.
I have an issue with discovery making them into heroes and telling the world that street racing is ok by proxy regardless of the disclaimers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
True, I don't even think about street racing. Today I saw this education clip called red asphalt. Right now I feel like and I know it's not worth that. After that video it just hit me. It's not just on the news. I am pretty much in shock. That video was beyond graphic, it's real. It's not a video game, it's not some NCIS show on TV. It's real, it just hit me like a brick wall today. I thought going fast would be cool and all that, but, I feel like I don't even want to go over the speed limit. That video made it a reality. It's not worth it.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote