Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #71
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Looks clean af! Im debating about keeping my fusebox under the hood now and just moving the ecu. Also looking at relocating the power steering fluid reservoir.
Thanks bro.. you gonna move power steering reservoir something like I did on this one?? If you need any pics let me know. I actually have it installed on the back side of the CAI filter box by using the old bracket on this one...worked out great!

On my 1LE I was able to fit ECU and fuse box in the cabin filter area...I was thinking to move the fuse box on this one to the glove box since there's not enough room in the cabin filter area on these LFX due to the larger ECU. But after roughing everything in and the boss lady saying she don't mind the fuse box where it is I'm going to save myself the extra work and leave it . lol. Today I popped everything back on so I could get a feel on the final look and I now feel the layout with the fuse box will look really good and balance things out with the way everything is placed now. I think I am gonna make a block off plate to cover where the ECU was though... now with the wires done I can finally start planning plumbing and finish look with reds and black paints. The fun stuff lol..
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #72
djcolopi

 
djcolopi's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted, Forged & Meth Injected LFX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Thanks bro.. you gonna move power steering reservoir something like I did on this one?? If you need any pics let me know. I actually have it installed on the back side of the CAI filter box by using the old bracket on this one...worked out great!

On my 1LE I was able to fit ECU and fuse box in the cabin filter area...I was thinking to move the fuse box on this one to the glove box since there's not enough room in the cabin filter area on these LFX due to the larger ECU. But after roughing everything in and the boss lady saying she don't mind the fuse box where it is I'm going to save myself the extra work and leave it . lol. Today I popped everything back on so I could get a feel on the final look and I now feel the layout with the fuse box will look really good and balance things out with the way everything is placed now. I think I am gonna make a block off plate to cover where the ECU was though... now with the wires done I can finally start planning plumbing and finish look with reds and black paints. The fun stuff lol..
Probably mount it along the firewall or in the front bumper support area. I donít know where I want to put the fusebox yet. Talking to Tracy about a topmount twin turbo setup, go from GTX2863Rs to GTX30ís, rear mounted radiator, cut off the rear drip tray and cabin filter box, reroute fusebox and ecu and cut all the metal junk off.
__________________
3.6L DI DOHC LFX
700rwhp/700tq
TT Build - GTX2863R
Engine & Trans - JacFab Forged Rods; Diamond Forged Pistons; Mace 100lb Valve Springs; Exhaust Cam; JacFab IM; 80mm TB; RX 4000 Single Disc
Fuel System - ZL1 Fuel Pump; AEM V2 Meth Setup
Driveline & Suspension - 3.27 LSD; BMR Drag Suspension; Lakewood Drag Shocks; DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
Exterior - VIS CF Hood; Pro Stock Parachute; Dark Star 17x4.5 & 17x10.5; Drag Wing
Interior - Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats; 5pt Harness; AC Delete
Instagram @turbo_methLFX
Sponsored by Corbeau & Tracy Lewis Performance
1320' 11.14@120.9 60' 1.657
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #73
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Probably mount it along the firewall or in the front bumper support area. I donít know where I want to put the fusebox yet. Talking to Tracy about a topmount twin turbo setup, go from GTX2863Rs to GTX30ís, rear mounted radiator, cut off the rear drip tray and cabin filter box, reroute fusebox and ecu and cut all the metal junk off.
Definitely post pics when you change it up. I plan to do forced Induction on both of our cars later down the road. Probably will do FI on the 1LE first.
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #74
djcolopi

 
djcolopi's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted, Forged & Meth Injected LFX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Definitely post pics when you change it up. I plan to do forced Induction on both of our cars later down the road. Probably will do FI on the 1LE first.
Will do! And you can check my build thread for what it looks like right now. The drivers side is all cleaned up lol need to get rid of the radiator and clean up the passengets side.

Tracy hooked me up with his sigature catch can and now i have a lot more going on under the hood. Need to clean up the lines, my old shop refused to listen to me, why its my old shop lol back burning the build, working on other cars, not tuning the car, lack of communication, no images not meeting deadlines.
__________________
3.6L DI DOHC LFX
700rwhp/700tq
TT Build - GTX2863R
Engine & Trans - JacFab Forged Rods; Diamond Forged Pistons; Mace 100lb Valve Springs; Exhaust Cam; JacFab IM; 80mm TB; RX 4000 Single Disc
Fuel System - ZL1 Fuel Pump; AEM V2 Meth Setup
Driveline & Suspension - 3.27 LSD; BMR Drag Suspension; Lakewood Drag Shocks; DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
Exterior - VIS CF Hood; Pro Stock Parachute; Dark Star 17x4.5 & 17x10.5; Drag Wing
Interior - Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats; 5pt Harness; AC Delete
Instagram @turbo_methLFX
Sponsored by Corbeau & Tracy Lewis Performance
1320' 11.14@120.9 60' 1.657
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #75
djcolopi

 
djcolopi's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted, Forged & Meth Injected LFX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 984
Engine cover is removed now as with the ac compressor bracket on the block and the valve cover sound deadening. The small oil separator on the back has been removed and replaced with a Tracy Lewis Signature Catch Can mounted in the front bumper support area. Ill post an updated picture asap.
Attached Images
    
__________________
3.6L DI DOHC LFX
700rwhp/700tq
TT Build - GTX2863R
Engine & Trans - JacFab Forged Rods; Diamond Forged Pistons; Mace 100lb Valve Springs; Exhaust Cam; JacFab IM; 80mm TB; RX 4000 Single Disc
Fuel System - ZL1 Fuel Pump; AEM V2 Meth Setup
Driveline & Suspension - 3.27 LSD; BMR Drag Suspension; Lakewood Drag Shocks; DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
Exterior - VIS CF Hood; Pro Stock Parachute; Dark Star 17x4.5 & 17x10.5; Drag Wing
Interior - Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats; 5pt Harness; AC Delete
Instagram @turbo_methLFX
Sponsored by Corbeau & Tracy Lewis Performance
1320' 11.14@120.9 60' 1.657
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #76
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
DJ- that looks awesome.. Looks like you have coilovers? Id love to get some coilovers on my 1le if I could just win the lottery LOL..
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #77
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
I'm going to put a catch can on the LFX as I start the plumbing work in the upcoming weeks. With winter here I been taking my time to keep busy passing time till spring doing this project. Before winter arrived I put custom exhaust from the solo high flow cats back on the LFX ..I cut out all the restricted exhaust parts. Gonna have a few exhaust parts/pipes to weld when spring gets here. car sounded alive and well after I did that exhaust work. Wasn't as deep and aggressive as my V8 but definitely has a nice tone and growl since the changes from OEM parts.
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #78
djcolopi

 
djcolopi's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted, Forged & Meth Injected LFX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
DJ- that looks awesome.. Looks like you have coilovers? Id love to get some coilovers on my 1le if I could just win the lottery LOL..
Correct, Lingenfelter Supercar Drag Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
I'm going to put a catch can on the LFX as I start the plumbing work in the upcoming weeks. With winter here I been taking my time to keep busy passing time till spring doing this project. Before winter arrived I put custom exhaust from the solo high flow cats back on the LFX ..I cut out all the restricted exhaust parts. Gonna have a few exhaust parts/pipes to weld when spring gets here. car sounded alive and well after I did that exhaust work. Wasn't as deep and aggressive as my V8 but definitely has a nice tone and growl since the changes from OEM parts.
I recommend the Tracy Lewis Signature Catch Can from Tracy Lewis Performance. Outside of Will from Overkill (they work together), Tracy is the only person who has experience working on the LFX.

http://tracylewisperformance.com/faq/

http://tracylewisperformance.com/pro...ory/catchcans/
__________________
3.6L DI DOHC LFX
700rwhp/700tq
TT Build - GTX2863R
Engine & Trans - JacFab Forged Rods; Diamond Forged Pistons; Mace 100lb Valve Springs; Exhaust Cam; JacFab IM; 80mm TB; RX 4000 Single Disc
Fuel System - ZL1 Fuel Pump; AEM V2 Meth Setup
Driveline & Suspension - 3.27 LSD; BMR Drag Suspension; Lakewood Drag Shocks; DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
Exterior - VIS CF Hood; Pro Stock Parachute; Dark Star 17x4.5 & 17x10.5; Drag Wing
Interior - Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats; 5pt Harness; AC Delete
Instagram @turbo_methLFX
Sponsored by Corbeau & Tracy Lewis Performance
1320' 11.14@120.9 60' 1.657
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #79
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Started placing plumbing since parts arrived. Ran into a snag on the power steering pump inlet. The way I planed will work but I feel there's a bit to much bend in the hose causing a slight restriction . looks like I need to get the fitting more vertical so the hose can relax some.

Anyone know if the fitting on the pump can be oriented more vertical and not pointing to front of the car like factory position? or do I need to change the fitting. Heres a few pics...If I cant get anywhere with it it looks like I may have to have an -AN bung welded to accommodate the best position for the new location..
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #80
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Heres the view of the fitting on the power steering pump I need to move to vertical position..


Name:  IMG_6786.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  127.9 KB
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #81
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Anyone know if that can be removed or repositioned? or is it fixed? Hoping I do not have to do a weld on -AN bung or its gonna slow me down..
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #82
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
Ahhh.. ok after carefully looking it over I found it is fully removable and is not a fixed inlet .. down side is there are 2 screws holding it down and one is right behind the pulley.. grrr. I'll post pics so anyone in the future has reference. Looks like I will be able to go to -AN fitting after all like planned on this car.
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #83
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
I got the inlet out and note they are not fixed. They are removable.Ok here's a picture of the power steering pump inlet. For reference on the gen5's with power steering 2014. The inlet is removable. This one is from a 2014 LFX. We're relocating the fluid reservoir so the direction of the inlet needed to be changed.
This is good reference for people with LFX that need to move the ps reservoir for procharger or turbo install.


Name:  IMG_6837.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  175.1 KB
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #84
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,414
So I decided to ditch the factory intake fitting on the power steering pump and tap the power steering pump , so I could use -an fittings from fluid reservoir to the pump since all plumbing will be -an fittings and braided lines. Worked perfectly. I ordered a nice aftermarket fluid reservoir too. Stock one just didn't have the right look.
__________________
Mods: It's an addiction!
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.