Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Okay...but he's not saying it's definitely in either so that's a problem. We already know it's not cancelled.

We want to know if they feel they can finish in it time and what the odds are of it not being included.
You, sir, have hit the nail on the head....and asked the 1 million dollar question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
OK seriously? Is this what it has gotten to? Worrying about some lights being in the car or not? Once again for perspective, shouldn't we feel a bit lucky that in GMs troubled times and (Not now but recently and without a doubt coming soon again) high gas prices they have the balls to ressurect the Camaro badge and put a V8 in it instead of some hybrid 4 banger?
Am I the only one who could care less about all these nitpicky things? I must be the only person left on the planet who doesn`t think a Nav system is necessary, let alone worry if my car has some light tubes.
I thought the car looked freakin awesome back in 2006 or whenever those first pics came out, and I still think it looks awesome.
Do I think the lights are neat? Yes. Is it a dealbreaker? No. Just like I think a HUD is neat, but not needed.
Now, if they got rid of a V8 option or the Independant Rear Suspension, then yeah, I would probably cancel.

/end rant
You know...having been on this board for 2 1/2 years, it's been fun most of the time and other times have been complete heart breaking moments. I have devoted SO MUCH time to this passion of mine (and had many moments of arguing w/ the wife over getting off the computer so we could leave our house, run errands, etc). I mean...

....gah....I want to give examples, but I don't want this to turn into a thread.

Some of ya'll don't care about the "nit picky" things...while others see a concept slowly turn into a reality only to have certain parts which get delayed or axed. The concept Camaro as a WHOLE has stayed true to its roots.....but could slowly stray from them. This can't happen. This will be more bad press for GM among it's true enthusiasts...I mean, just HOW MANY of those pre-orders were 2LT's or 2SS's??? Yeah....that's a whole hell of a lot of cars w/out the ABL...a whole lot...

For those working on the ABL, work harder-work faster...please. I beg of you!

For those not working on ABL, understand that this is something we love...something I truly love and it's not anger that I try to bring across...it's sadness to see things I love, end up getting delayed or even canceled. I put my head down on my pillow at night and think about picking up my special edition (or special order...doesn't matter what you want to call it) 2SS/RS from PA after walking up to it at a pretty big event. I close my eyes and see myself walking up to it with bright eyes, a smile that has been molded to my face, tears beginning to well up in my eyes....a headache from all the excitement leading up to this point....grrr....

I see myself just overjoyed that all the wait has been worth while...and a dream of mine would actually be coming true. I think about opening the door and sitting in MY new black leather drivers seat...putting my hand on the Hurst shifter, taking off my shoes so I don't track in dirt and sliding my feet in. I think about being handed the key fob...and just staring at it...I think about a special someone telling me to fire her up....and VROOOOM! My heart beats faster and I keep saying, "oh my God...oh my God...I really can't believe this is finally happening..."

I think about revving it up...and listening to that V8 breath through that chambered exhaust as everyone begins to look in the direction of my 2SS/RS...and they crowd around to see it.

I think about signing my papers...and making it all mine...and driving it off with the Boston Acoustics blaring AC/DC...and Metallica...and Guns and Roses....and Disturbed....and hundreds of other songs that I downloaded on my Zen player which is connected via USB in my center console. I think about getting on my bluetooth (finally TRUE bluetooth!) and calling my family saying it's finally done...I've finally made it mine. I think about driving it back half way across the country with the windows down, it's dark out, the halos are on lighting up the road in front of me....the ice blue dash lights up the interior of the car along w/ a cool ice blue glow from the ambient lighting... Music is playing, V8 is rumbling, wind in my hair...cruising it back home in the warm summer night. Just me....my Camaro....and the road....

I've taken numerous trips by myself out to Los Angeles and back...and they were the most mind opening times of my life....days of driving where one can clear their head. Stress free.... God, do I need some stress free....

I think about these things. These "nit picky" things mean a lot to some people... I don't think it is wrong to be upset IF IT WERE CANCELLED. No one has said it's been canceled as of yet. The not wanting to talk about it send me a message that they might have some concerns....but don't want to rush it and say yes it works, or no it doesn't...only to have the opposite happen later down the road.

If ya'll are still reading this (I know I can be long winded at times), know that I'm very passionate about this car. ....because it's not just a car to me. Might be to some of ya'll here....but not to me..... I care about how things come together. I care about the changes to "this" and "that" can impact a group of people. I care about this vehicles success...as do MANY, MANY others from GM and across the country.

No...they are not just "nit picky" things to me.

As I've stated before...

I will still buy the car if the ABL is completely canceled. But, I think a price change should be in order since the fiber optics won't be installed (or LED..whatever it is called). If there is just a delay, I'll GLADLY (kind of) hold off until I can get what I expected to get. Shoot...let the others getting the LS, 1LT, and 1SS get their cars first if they have to.

Please, GM. Please have the ABL ready to go for production. I humbly request you do your best.

...and thank you.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #58
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
And i thought i was the only one with OCD when it comes to "nic picky".
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:32 AM   #59
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
So I was going to place my order for the new camaro yesterday, and I so happen to ask the dealer about the Ambient lighting and he told me that he got word that the ambient lighting ''will not be available" in the first batch of camaros, because GM could not figure out how to make it work. So I got to thinking that if for some reason GM was not able to fix a simple issue like making the ambient lighting work right, then whats to be expected of the reliability of this car? so I did not place the order, the little things makes me wonder about the bigger issues.
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 AM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Well...the ABL really is a lot more than just LED's. I believe it's fiber optics and is pretty darn complicated. I would be worried about the rest of the car just because of the ABL not being put in. In all honesty, I'd be worried that GM rushes it out when it's not ready and we get a poor product. I'd much rather it not be included and not have to worry about it frying the door panes or something. I'm not worried about the reliability of the car one bit...because GM WILL NOT put out something that they are going to need to repair. IF they know about the problem ahead of time, they WILL deal with it. By avoiding the issue and releasing it, they are looking to millions of dollars in warranty claims that they would NEVER wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
And i thought i was the only one with OCD when it comes to "nic picky".

Why yes, yes I am!

In that case, I can guess you want the ABL too?

I'll just be upset for a while...that's all. I'm sure I'd get over it. But, .....ugh...don't want to even think about it......
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #61
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
He could...you know...post that here.
Not cancelled does't mean not delayed though....

I wish the elections didn't have me finding every political interpretation of everythig everyone says.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 AM   #62
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Not gonna bother me one bit..

i'm with you on that one for plenty of reasons. to me the ambient lighting was like a bonus anyways.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #63
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
It was just a bonus to me also. I want 400+ HP of Mustang eating, rubber burning Camaro. And that I shall have hopefully in March/April 2009 in Rally Yellow 2SS.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #64
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I will not cancel, but I WILL postpone until it does come out. If the final is NO ABL, then I will get the car. But, as I have said in the other thread, I will EXPECT to see a price difference.

Tag,

Looks like we are both in the same boat. You feel strongly enough about AL to delay your order. I already have directed my dealer to delay my order because of the short rally stripes.... I will support you on AL if you support me on the stripes.

Gentlemen, If GM keeps watering down this car it may just fail. Seems like all the neat stuff announced at pre-launch is either at risk or is slowly being changed.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #65
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I am with TAG.

ABL is something that I expect to get with the higher price tag that I am willing to pay for. To me, it's a matter of GM following through on what they say that they are going to do. If they didn't think that they could get it done, then they shouldn't have advertised it -- that's not good marketing.

If they cancel it or delay it, I will definitely postpone my order until they get all of their ducks in a row.:upset:
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #66
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Interesting.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #67
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
couldn't get it to work? I don't believe that....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #68
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Scott has said pretty recently that ABL still wasn't a polished product. Maybe that was an understatement?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #69
bobscogin

Drives: 2016 Challenger R/T, 1965 Impala SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
ABL adds how much more HP.
More relevant to the thread than horsepower, and important to GM, is how many sales will be lost without it. I'll buy a 1SS, so it's not important to me. That said, I can't imagine that anyone wanting a Camaro wouldn't buy it because they couldn't get "ambient lighting". When I bought my '67 with standard interior, the "ambient lighting" was a little white plastic bubble with an incandescent buld stuck in the middle of the headliner and it worked great. I think we've become jaded. GM, however, should do the right thing and adjust the cost downward if they do have to delay/eliminate the ambient lighting.

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #70
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobscogin View Post
More relevant to the thread than horsepower, and important to GM, is how many sales will be lost without it. I'll buy a 1SS, so it's not important to me. That said, I can't imagine that anyone wanting a Camaro wouldn't buy it because they couldn't get "ambient lighting". When I bought my '67 with standard interior, the "ambient lighting" was a little white plastic bubble with an incandescent buld stuck in the middle of the headliner and it worked great. I think we've become jaded. GM, however, should do the right thing and adjust the cost downward if they do have to delay/eliminate the ambient lighting.

Bob

Or give us HUD as a replacement for the same price.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote