Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #239
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This is making me wonder about the efficiency of the stability control system. If the automatic cars don't have the pitch control, then how does the stability control handle the car facing up or down on winding and hilly roads? Shouldn't the entire relative position of the car be taken into account and not just the yaw? The MT cars probably don't do any better if the pitch sensor is only for HSA.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #240
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.
Get 'em ordered quick, I think there could be a waiting list soon. Good work!
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #241
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combover View Post
This is making me wonder about the efficiency of the stability control system. If the automatic cars don't have the pitch control, then how does the stability control handle the car facing up or down on winding and hilly roads? Shouldn't the entire relative position of the car be taken into account and not just the yaw? The MT cars probably don't do any better if the pitch sensor is only for HSA.
Pitch has little to no impact on stability control. Stability controls job is to control lateral movement. Assuming all four tires are on the ground, the system can monitor slides based on wheel speed, steering angle and yaw. The pitch sensor, if tied to anything beyond HSA, would probably get in the way on hard acceleration. Hard acceleration on a slight incline would make the car think its flipping backwards. Can you imagine ST trying to fix that. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #242
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Install took about an hour. Getting the center console apart is a little bit of a pain. There's a good thread that has a lot of pictures on how to get the console apart for a different mod. I used that as a guide for disassembly: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662

Once I had it disassembled, the Yaw-Sensor was bolted to the floor to the left of the hand-brake. I just removed and replaced.

As for truly knowing it only affects HSA, I suppose more time and data will be needed. From my observations, that the car starts with no warning lights or error messages (unlike the fuse-pull method I tried before). Hill Assist message never appears, and HSA never activates. Traction Control still kicks in under aggressive throttle, and ABS still works.

Thoroughly testing Stabilitrak would require somewhere other than the street I think. Maybe one of the track-regulars could give it a go, and post their findings.

Oh, and OzzySS, I'm still curious about the method you used to defeat HSA along with other electronic nannies as well.
You are the man!!! What a great fix. You even used factory parts. I love this.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #243
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Quote:
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.

Great work! I will be adding this part to my wish list! This is much easier than my thoughts about modifying the data stream on the fly.
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #244
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Okay now I'm really intrigued. lol

I have posted a DIY article for the sensor replacement here:

DIY: Disable 2013 HSA (Hill Start Assist)

Lol...I accidentally hit it with my drill while I was installing my cupholder delete switchplate from emblempros...I'm sure you saw that the sensor is pretty much right underneath the bottom of the cupholder...oops.

So you were able to just do a direct swap? No codes being thrown or taking it to be flashed?

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #245
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I've already looked at a couple vendors that have them in stock. Says it's for a 10-12 Camaro, works for me I'm gonna give it a shot!!

t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #246
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Lol...I accidentally hit it with my drill while I was installing my cupholder delete switchplate from emblempros...I'm sure you saw that the sensor is pretty much right underneath the bottom of the cupholder...oops.

So you were able to just do a direct swap? No codes being thrown or taking it to be flashed?
That's correct. Direct swap, and the car started with no warning lights or messages.

I'm assuming the "drill" method resulted in ASR and TC lights, plus "Service Stabilitrak" message?

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #247
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
That's correct. Direct swap, and the car started with no warning lights or messages.

I'm assuming the "drill" method resulted in ASR and TC lights, plus "Service Stabilitrak" message?
Haha, yeah...no nannies, no HSA, and the message when I start her up. Unfortunately I went ahead and ordered an identical replacement right after I figured it what I damaged. Considered the auto one, but figured I'd have to get the computer flashed if I went that route and didn't want to pay the dealer...

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #248
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.

Dude! You Are a Genius! That is freaking brilliant!! I GOTTA get me one of these!!! Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #249
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
I'm calling my dealer tomorrow. Anyone got a good pic of where this thing in located in the console?

Last edited by One-Bad-ZL1; 06-11-2013 at 08:17 PM.
One-Bad-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #250
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Wrong part number...even though they showed on their site that it cross referenced to 13578326, it is not the same

Last edited by BadAndy; 06-15-2013 at 03:34 PM.
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #251
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
I'm calling my dealer tomorrow. Anyone got a good pic of where this thing in located in the console?
Here's the pic from the DIY article I wrote on the install. You can view the whole article from the link in my sig:

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #252
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
Not the same part #. Do you think it is the same as part # 13578326?
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote