Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #449
KJS

 
KJS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cut Throat, NY
Posts: 1,693
# 466 and counting
__________________
"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" - Me

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #450
IncrediblyX
 
Drives: Red
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Temecula
Posts: 296
Convertibles are fun aren't they? Too bad your Vette only seats 2.
IncrediblyX is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #451
SIN R G

 
SIN R G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Randolph, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,499
Whoever makes post #500 will go down in forum History.
__________________
2SS L99, CAI, Kooks Stainless 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Catted Oem Connection Pipe, MBRP Exhaust, MSD LS1 Superconductor 8.5 mm Wires. NKG Copper Spark Plug Set, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8Trailing Arms - Hammertone and BMR Rear Toe Rods, GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
SIN R G is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #452
Brettzel
 
Brettzel's Avatar
 
Drives: #null
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: #null
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowz06 View Post
Really? Do you really know anything about a Corvette? Apparently not.
Great, another moron
Brettzel is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #453
Envy
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
I only found one new, in stock, base C6 for sale within 200 miles of my address using Autotrader to search all dealerships. There may not be a high demand according to some, but they are not in stock.....anywhere....when these places all had ZL1s in stock.....
That's funny...I just did a search on cars.com and found 55 new base model C6s within a 250 mile radius of downtown Houston. And I've owned a Corvette for 4 years and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has ever waved at me...lol
__________________
Envy is online now  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #454
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,698
Just saw this one... nice swap out to the vette. I drool over them all the time but never pulled the trigger. Should be a lot of fun.

I wave at Camaros and Vettes all the time, we have a few guys in our club that have Vettes now, but they still come hang out. You're welcome anytime..
__________________
.
mlee is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #455
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowz06 View Post
In the STRICT definition, it is not a sports car, it is a GT car. A sports car is a car with 2 seats. A Camaro is a Grand Touring car because it seats more than 2. Both are fine cars. But the Corvette is much lighter, thus having a superior power to weight ratio. I love the Camaro. I owned 2. 95 Z28 and a 2001 SS.
NOW THAT'S FUNNY. I don't even care. Just stuck my head in to see the continued ridiculousness of this thread. Amazingly I found the one person who has finally been able to truly define the universal difference between sports cars, Gt's, muscle cars, pony cars, and monster trucks. I was lost and now I am found because up until this point I have basically looked over a lot of the internet, many a article, many a automotive television show and have yet to find these true definitions coming exactly the same from more than one automotive authoriy. I'm so glad you cleared that up for me. I can sleep better now.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #456
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff
 
L36L72LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 455
A Wave???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
After much deliberation, I decided to get rid of my beloved “green mile.” My 2011 2SS/RS LS3 just had to go. I’ve been asked at work why I got rid of it. The reasons are simple, unaddressed, and repetitive. So, as I was asked one hour ago, name 3 reasons you got rid of it. Here goes. I believe everyone should give a car like this respect when it is let go. I will, but feel others need to know why.

The number one reason why I got rid of it is the paint. Every wash. I MEAN EVERY WASH, there was another place flaking/chipping/peeling and scratching. I went to try to switch to a high rise spoiler. COULDN’T! Know why? The ENTIRE underside of my spoiler had peeled off. Yup. Down to the metal. Wow. Someone forked out 40 grand for this when they bought it. I only paid 26 out the door used. If I was the guy who paid 40, I would be tossing stuff around my front porch and constantly on the phone with GM. The paint absolutely ruins this car. It was designed to look good, and without paint, nothing looks good. Moving on.


Number two. Popularity. Down here in Texas, these things are like ants. I put green stripes on my black car just to try to look different. Well, it worked….for a little while. Then I realized that is why there are so many modded ones. This is a car you keep buying things for to TRY to make yourself happy. It works for a little while, then the car is just….boring again. There was a professional review that docked the Camaro because the style is its biggest asset, but biggest enemy. You buy one to stand out. When there are so many that you don’t stand out, you are left with a mediocre performing car that should be doing better for what it is. I didn’t say that, a professional did.


Number three is the people. Every Camaro owner I see on the street DOES NOT WAVE. They do not do anything except hammer it, and start weaving through traffic at 100 plus, hoping you will chase them. Umm, no. Go ahead. I can’t count how many times that has happened, and next time I see them is on the shoulder. Red and blues. Then we get to read about it on here about how the cop was a douche, the driver is innocent, and lots of people chime in about money (like cops work on commission or something). Car shows are the exact same. “Why didn’t you buy a ZL1?” Is all I heard. Hmm, let’s not get into that argument, because we all know how much I hate the ZL1.

It’s not being biased when you own one and are experiencing the same setup, just less. The crowd is just stupid. At a raceway, my brother took his 03 Cobra against one. The guy red lighted just to TRY to get ahead, and STILL lost by 3 cars. That happened a lot that night, and embarrassed me. People red light just to look cool going down the track, which, we experienced racers, are laughing at you on the inside. Just because you take pics of your GTECH telling you you went 12.5 does not mean you went 12.5.
So.

Final thought. The Camaro is overpriced. 66,000 for a ZL1 coupe? A ZL1 couldn't touch this vette, or really, a majority of them which are incentived to less! REALLY? You HAVE to be kidding me GM. I’ve been screwed before, but at least they have a truck called a Ram so I was ready for it. My Dodge caliber had better paint quality than the Camaro. My 2000 Z28 is STILL shining. See it all the time. So they put restrictions on you. Wahhh. Cry me a river. If I gave you billions, I’d put restrictions on how you make paint too.

Onto the real spot light. After looking around at all cars, I wound up with the ONLY car that GM has created that has always worked. You have to go to Britain to find a bad review on it. I went with this Corvette. Just to prove my point, this is a 2007. Looks like it just rolled out the show room. Not even a SCRATCH on this thing. Seriously, I looked for thirty minutes straight. Wasn’t the vette….painted….with the same….paint as the Camaro? When is the last time you saw a vette peeling two years after being made? Umm, never. It’s called ATTENTION to detail. The Camaro is being rushed out because of the high demand, and the consumers are paying the price. It was either this or a viper RT/10 since I found this baby for a steal. My insurance DROPPED 46 bucks A MONTH on this. REALLY? I love it. It looks better, its faster, cleaner, and draws more attention. Not to mention, I have seen multiple corvettes on the road ranging from early 90s to brand new grand sports. ALL…..have waved back. Every one of them. I even went to a corvette meet…on accident…on my patrol bike. I just so happened to drop in for a minute. More of an older crowd, but all very nice, and even offered me gatorades while I was out riding. It’s a great car that Chevrolet got right. The weight difference is crazy from the vette to the Camaro. I feel like my Camaro was crawling in comparison to the corvette. I’m still a GM guy at heart, and this corvette is proof of why. This is an absolutely stunning car, and I am very happy with it. I even have it inside of the garage since the Camaro….slept outside since the paint sucked anyway. The corvette is beautiful. There truly is an *** for every seat, but this one is mine. I was very disappointed with the Camaro and hope the next generation is better. Right now as it sits, I pay the same for this 07 vette (per month, insurance included) than I was for my SS. The vette just turned 30k miles also. My Camaro had 38k. So, officially, I say adios, sayanora, and let the fleur de lis fly proudly.
You're ego must be weak if you need someone to wave at you. REALLY?
__________________

Jeff x 2
L36L72LS3 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #457
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros
 
Tara Martin's Avatar
 
Drives: Red 1979 Z28, HBM 2016 1SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,180
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I don't have a sport car.

I have a Super Sport car
^^^
__________________
Okay, ok; I know where my Camaro is now! In my driveway!

Tara Martin is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #458
MYDLIFECRISIS

 
MYDLIFECRISIS's Avatar
 
Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Anyone that owns a true sports car would argue with that statement.

Webster's dictionary defines it as:

Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
Date: 1928
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

USUALLY...just because it has a back seat, doesn't mean it's not a sports car. It fits every other point in that definition. I just think if you say the Camaro isn't a sports car, you shouldn't be allowed in the argument.
__________________
2012 Camaro SS 2SS 45TH Anniversary Edition


MYDLIFECRISIS is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #459
FRIDAY1313
I AM JASON #1
 
FRIDAY1313's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VIVA LAS VEGAS!
Posts: 150
Send a message via Yahoo to FRIDAY1313
Cool

HMM 478 and still counting!
FRIDAY1313 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #460
eymang
 
eymang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 397
The number one reason I would get rid of my Camaro is having an unexpected addition to the family of 4. But even then the backseat folds down.
eymang is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #461
plus1zero
Back in a V8 ;)
 
plus1zero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 5.0 4X4 Screw PAST 2LTRS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 591
This has turned into one big circlejerk lol
plus1zero is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #462
DRKS1D3


 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
This has turned into one big circlejerk lol
__________________
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (BOUGHT NEW 4-2011)--6 SPEED, K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS, JBA HIGH-FLOW CATS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866 (BOUGHT NEW 6-2012)--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.