Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
2012 AGP TT install Complete w/dyno!

Figured I would post this up for some viewing and info for others!

2012 Camaro SS
LS3
AGP TT Kit with upgraded S256 turbo's.
ECS Bap
60lb siemens injectors
Cats removed w/muffler delete

I started this journey with the intent to just do the same old cai and header back but after some long hard thought I felt like the gains would just not be near what I was looking for. I started digging around and looking at PD blowers and centri's but have always loved turbo setups. Years ago I use to play with the dsm stuff and wanted to get back into turbo setups.

I looked at the granatelli and hellion and ips stuff. After some short debate it came down to the IPS or AGP kit. From the info thats been posted on this site and all the great feedback I kept my eye out for the AGP kit. Matt @ FSP got me setup with a kit and away it went.

I tried for some time to find a shop or friend with a lift and it didnt happen. So I ended up doing this install on 2ft jack stands on all 4 corners of the car. A lift would of been nice but this worked. I probably spent 3 weeks on the install (before you jump!) many days I could not work on the car at all or just an hour or so. (New baby just months old).

Everything on the kit fit well but is a tight fit. At first I was freaked out that it just would not fit but hats off to Kevin at AGP he was awesome to help out with some questions. Im definitely a perfectionist so I tend to over think things! The snake is a little tricky to make it just right. I also had the exhaust I was worried about like posted by the other install from carbconn. The clamps that come factory on the car do work tho so far i've had no issues but could see where they think the exhaust would need extended. Either way no problems.

Anyways I just wanted to post a few pictures. Unfortunately all these pics and videos are from my phone but there not bad. Ill try to get some more up later if anyway wants. I also have a couple video's to post. Now to end my ramble.

Tuning was done in Colorado Springs ( i live in denver co ) by RMCR they are on the forums here. The guys at the shop were all awesome to work with and the owner who tuned my car was great to deal with. Answered all my questions and spent his time making sure everything was tuned properly. We did run into a small amount of false knock around the 4k range from how close the cast adapters were to the car he thought they might bump on dyno. Im going to get some stiffer motor mounts and maybe meth later and will have him retune it to check.

I did stop on the way to the tuner and picked up a zr1 3 bar map before the tune.

First pull was just under 600 to the tire with just the baseline tune adjustments in.

Next couple pulls were 620-640

These pulls were just off the wastegates. From kevins recommendations I purchased a AEM tru boost and the next pulls were at 30 and 40 % duty cycle.

658 rwhp at 6.5 lbs of boost we used this as setting A on the tru boost
688 rwhp 698 rwtq at 8 lb's of boost. this was used as setting B on the tru boost

Fuel pressures held around 58 pounds.

For now going to leave things the way they sit until I can build the block. I may add meth and exhaust next summer and the pfadt motor mounts and retune.

The trip from the tuner to my house is about 2 hours. I peaked at 29.3 mpg! avg trip was about 28 mpg !!

Anways just wanted to give a big shout out to Matt @ FSP very good guy to work with. Also Kevin @ AGP was very nice to talk to me during the install even though I annoyed him with the worrying and perfectionism he was great. And last the guys at RMCR for a great tune and great service.

I've got a couple other pictures and video's to post later. Was in a hurry and didnt have time to proof read so.. ya

Love the kit the first time I pulled on it hard was a adrenaline rush! its a awesome drive!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Levischilz; 10-05-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
those are awesome numbers congrats on the car....

did you run into a lot of problems in the install i wanted to do it on my own also...

and if you could post a vid of just some revs i wanna see how it sounds on the street
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Nice! A'int it cool.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Levischilz

Yep, Ill try to get some drive by and others. Its louder than with the cats but not excessive i like it. The blow off valve is def there! love it

Ya its a blast to drive.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
killmode_on

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Bad ass!
Aftermarket exhaust and a meth inj kit would make 100+whp gain.
Nothing wrong with the stock LS3 cam, you can easily max the motor out on stock cam.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Levischilz

Ya I'm more worried about the pistons and rings than anything. I'm probably going to build the valves and springs later before anymore hp is added. Need to think about next summer if I want to forge this block sleeve or what later. If I add meth it will just be for safety and fuel. Will def do 3" exhaust next summer.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
That's great to hear - I am having a split result - the car demonstrates incredible power, but there are some key issues that need to be resolved - check it out and let me know if you experienced anything similar:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=27
Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 S200 56/61 AGP TT
Any updates?
BUMBLEBEE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Badarse
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Levischilz

^^ love the name lol
---> hammered sorry

ya.. it feels that way driving it also!! I just wanted to help out some other fellow c5 guys. If they had questions w/e. No posts for ls3 agp kits and I thought for a self install local tune 690 rwhp was nice
Old 10-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
PM me the price on the kit please, thinking of ordering me one next summer! Thanks.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
great news
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
woooot... Looking good!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
hawaiizuka

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th
Awesome number!!
Can you tell me WOT AFR and timing advanced please!!

DOD/VVT delete, TSP Turbo cam, pushlod, COMP675 spring,
Lingenfelter twin fuel pump, ID-850 injector, ZR-1 3bar MAP sensor, port matched head and LS3 intake valve, manley ex valve, ARP head stud.

no weeds diverters, MagnaFlow 3" X pipe and street axleback

Hellion Twin Turbo Kit :Turbonetics BB Billet 64mm 4' intercooler
E-Boost2 with twin 4port solenoids, Turbosmart ultragate38, Tial Q BOV

2Bar SD tune
hawaiizuka is offline   Reply With Quote