Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #57
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I'd think the defogger would be standard. Its standard on the cobalt, isn't it? And thats in a much lower market segment.
- Xanthos

P.S. - I think your RS package is a bit high as well. I would guess closer to 1200 for it. And maybe 1000 for the GFX. Leather will most likely be standard. Grill - 250 maybe. Maybe I'm an idealist. Everything else looks about right.
I hope you're right. I tend to assume too high so as not to be disappointed when the #'s are revealed.

The GFX on my 2002 Camaro MSRP'd over $1200. I assume the 2010 will be a little more. I really was clueless as to what to guess for the RS package.

I never knew defogger was a standard item now. I know it didn't used to be. Glad to hear that is one tidbit I won't have to pay xtra for. LOL I REALLY hope the leather is standard.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #58
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Ok, so we knew there wouldn't be any word on pricing today. But we can at least make semi-educated guesses.

After seeing the list of goodies that should be available I'm pretty sure the Camaro is going to cost a lot more than we realize (for those of us that like all the bells and whistles anyway).

I'm sure there are others here that could do this much better than me, but here is my guess as to what I want will cost-

Base SS 29,000 (Probably even higher since the Mustang GT Premium is over $28,000)
Auto 1,250 (This is the cost of the auto in the 'Vette)
Sound 600 (Purely a guess, probably higher)
GFX 1,500 (Isn't $1200-$1500 the norm for GFX?)
Defogger 200 (I need a rear defogger where I live)
Sunroof 900 (This is the cost of the sunroof in the G8)
Grille 500 (Another pure guess. I'm hoping it's less.)
RSPkg 1,500 (Pure guess, again. Possibly more.)
Interior Trim 400 (It's just 4 colored panels, how can it cost a lot more?)
Leather 1,200 (I'm hoping Leather is standard on the SS, but this can't be TOO far off if not.)

Total 37,050 Urk! Obviously a loaded SS may EASILY reach $40,000.

Of course I could be so off base as to not even be in the ballpark. I, for one, hope I am and it comes in cheaper than I'm expecting...
Yeah....if you add up options individually, its expensive. Thats why they have trim level packages like LT1,LT2, LS1....so you get more for less. Thats why they combine things into trim levels. I don't remember ever seeing more than a 2 or 3 thousand bucks difference in trim levels. Last new vehicle I bought was an 03 Avalanche.I got the base option package and the next level up with leather, CD changer, power mirrors, Onstar etc. was about 2500 more. So, I wouldn't think you would be paying more than 3 or 4 thousand more for that stuff. Even less if you wait till the frenzy dies down.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #59
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
You might be right - I've never bought GFX for a car before. But the pony package for the mustang was about that last time I checked (although my memory is a bit fuzzy) - I'll go check it again after posting. I expect the RS package to be similarly priced.
- Xanthos

P.S. - pony package is 750. I don't think it will be that low, but it should be similar. To put perspective on the other things, color inserts are 395 on the mustang, and the GT appearance + HID (two packages) come to a combined 760. Which means that the pony package combined with HID would be 1375.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #60
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
And to Txturbo - Thats exactly why I want the LT v6 - it supposedly will come standard with leather, which means the ambient lighting too. And then all I have to add is the RS package. I can always save up money for the GFX kit if I decide I want it. (It will have to be very similar to the one in the accessories photos though).
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #61
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
$23,995 for the V6 is my guess.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I did make some case points, but the ones you mentioned all came from DGthe3. And good points they are!

Despite what Bob said a while back, the car will be priced competitively with the Mustang as per the most recent info that Fbodfather posted up. Besides, nobody here will be upset if they price a 400hp animal near the $$$ of a Mustang GT, will they?
I said that? If you say so. I would also like to add that Pontiacs are typically more expensive than Chevy's. Someone has said that before me, no clue who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
...in fact, you can even order parts for Toyotas at GM dealerships, complete with GM packaging and part numbers:
http://jalopnik.com/398183/how-to-bu...-gm-dealership
Thats just odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
A lot of people guess it will be around $28k

i hope it is as well
Pricing of V8 Camaros Thread
Summary, average is $28 400.99 for the base V8 . . . wait, I can now call it the SS. My personal guess is $28 500
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #63
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Scotty as much as I would like to buy from you. Could you recomend someone in Southern NJ. I never had a chevy, GMC all the wayand of course the gmc dealership I have a 20 year relationship with doesbnt sell Chevy. I could ask them to. I wonder if they can order one for me? Would be sweet.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #64
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Has anyone started considering the fact that a lot of dealers will probably "surcharge" the Camaros when they first hit the lots? That seems to be a big thing as of late, think 07 Z06, and I've even seen Mugen Honda Civics dealer "surcharged" to the tune of $5K over retail. Local dealers were "surcharging" the 07 Z06s $15K over retail. That went on for a while, then the bottom fell out and my buddy just picked up a new 08 Z06 for $10K UNDER retail. The saps that paid $15k over just took a major hit.

If this starts to happen that could greatly affect purchase price.

My limit for a nicely equipped SS is $35K. Any more than that and I'll wait for the hype to settle down and buy a 2011 model.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #65
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Scotty as much as I would like to buy from you. Could you recomend someone in Southern NJ. I never had a chevy, GMC all the wayand of course the gmc dealership I have a 20 year relationship with doesbnt sell Chevy. I could ask them to. I wonder if they can order one for me? Would be sweet.
I don't know where in South Jersey you live. But I've had good dealings with Turnersville Chevrolet in the past.

If my local dealer can't come through for me (like 3 miles from my house) I'll be going to Turnersville.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #66
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Has anyone started considering the fact that a lot of dealers will probably "surcharge" the Camaros when they first hit the lots? That seems to be a big thing as of late, think 07 Z06, and I've even seen Mugen Honda Civics dealer "surcharged" to the tune of $5K over retail. Local dealers were "surcharging" the 07 Z06s $15K over retail. That went on for a while, then the bottom fell out and my buddy just picked up a new 08 Z06 for $10K UNDER retail. The saps that paid $15k over just took a major hit.

If this starts to happen that could greatly affect purchase price.

My limit for a nicely equipped SS is $35K. Any more than that and I'll wait for the hype to settle down and buy a 2011 model.
I will wait if I MUST. But I'm right there with you at the $35,000 mark.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #67
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I am closer to AC, Ellwyn. I am getting it late in 2009 or the beginning of 2010 anyway.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #68
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
I am closer to AC, Ellwyn. I am getting it late in 2009 or the beginning of 2010 anyway.
Well, in the AC area I personally only know of Kerbeck.

But Turnersville isn't THAT far from AC. I'm about 40 mins from Turnersville and an hour from AC.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #69
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
35K is too high for me. I was hoping to be around 30K. I thnk I got my hopes up too high on the cars price. I know GTO's are bland but I may have to go that route for the performance at a lot lower price. PLus I can wait for the mid model improvements. I'm anxiously awaiting pricing info.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #70
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
I know for a 100% that pricing will be done in January 2009.
AnEvilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote