Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
vermillion12ss

Drives: 2012 summit white ss
import owners are so funny

I work with this guy that is all about imports. he owns a stock Subaru sti and says he can beat my ss. mind you I've road in his car and it doesn't run bad but by no means is it close to my car. now I'm not saying some imports aren't fast it's just that I have worked with a few of these kind of guys and they always seem to brag about their cars more than others. . Guess there is only one way to find out.....
vermillion12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
You'll always be a target in your SS. I get import guys and truck guys saying they can take my camaro. I just smile and shake my head. How would it look if you went up to a guy driving a Civic and said "Dude, my car will smoke yours." I just appreciate the fact that some of the import guys use my car as a goal to reach.
A few of them out there will beat you with mods and I'm fine with that. I didn't buy my car to run against the little 4 bangers.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion12ss View Post
I work with this guy that is all about imports. he owns a stock Subaru sti and says he can beat my ss. mind you I've road in his car and it doesn't run bad but by no means is it close to my car. now I'm not saying some imports aren't fast it's just that I have worked with a few of these kind of guys and they always seem to brag about their cars more than others. . Guess there is only one way to find out.....
If he did not say where he could beat you I would be worried On a Rally Course you are toast - just saying lol
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
vermillion12ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
If he did not say where he could beat you I would be worried On a Rally Course you are toast - just saying lol
he was saying on the drag strip
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Maybe - that awd is nice from a dig/track
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
Not so. I beat up an STI going through a windy canyon hwy when I was bringing my car home after I bought it. Couldn't hang with me or he got scared, lol.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
he was saying on the drag strip
he's confident but you should be able to get him. STis are nice but in a straight line the AWD will only get him off the line in front of you, I would imagine. However they are a beast running rallies if they have a driver.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
vermillion12ss

I've road in his car and its quick for what it is but it doesn't compare to an ss. It's a 2003 sti. I just think it's kinda funny that all import drivers think they are from the fast and furious franchise. at least the ones I come across in this area. I always have civics or eclipses or Integras and now this guy always wanting a piece. some run really well though so I'm not saying they aren't quick my point was around here they all wanna talk trash when they see my car
Old 04-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #9
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
I've road in his car and its quick for what it is but it doesn't compare to an ss. It's a 2003 sti. I just think it's kinda funny that all import drivers think they are from the fast and furious franchise. at least the ones I come across in this area. I always have civics or eclipses or Integras and now this guy always wanting a piece. some run really well though so I'm not saying they aren't quick my point was around here they all wanna talk trash when they see my car
Lol. What an ignorant person you are.
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
vermillion12ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Lol. What an ignorant person you are.
excuse me? You don't know me so don't call me ignorant

Last edited by vermillion12ss; 04-19-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #11
Brettzel

Quote:
excuse me? You don't know me so don't call me ignorant
I can only simply judge by your posts on this forum, as is the same with many others. Let me ask you this though, why act differently on a forum than in person or otherwise? Do you not realize that unless I am one of the people who knows you on a personal level, I can only base my opinion off of your posts?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #12
vermillion12ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
I can only simply judge by your posts on this forum, as is the same with many others. Let me ask you this though, why act differently on a forum than in person or otherwise? Do you not real
ize that unless I am one of the people who knows you on a personal level, I can only base my opinion off of your posts?
So you read a small bit of words on a forum and assume you can judge someone? hmmmm. I'm not an internet trash talker and I don't call names unless I'm face to face with someone and I don't judge someone based off of a paragraph I read.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
STi's have potential and deserve respect, especially if you don't know specs on the car. If he can launch the car correctly, he will likely beat you off the line (yes, even a stock STi). They run out of steam quickly though and it's no contest after about 50 MPH. You have a better top end. If the car is modified any, he will hang with you longer.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
Brettzel

Quote:
So you read a small bit of words on a forum and assume you can judge someone? hmmmm. I'm not an internet trash talker and I don't call names unless I'm face to face with someone and I don't judge someone based off of a paragraph I read.
Wow, you are so full of wisdom. Sometimes, it is hard to hear the truth, I undertand. It is nice to know all that stuff about you though, I appreciate you caring so much about my opinion of you, that you took the time out of your busy day, to stop being perfect, and tell me such interesting, fun filled facts. And to answer your question, yes. Given no other basis to judge one off of, the only opinion one may have is that which they find from reading said words on a forum.