Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #113
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
One of the big things I see off the bat, was that he asked for parts of the bumper to be painted matte black and they obviously were not.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #114
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i can't believe this thread is still goin.
It's still going because more and more people are coming out about his sh!tty customer service and his half-ass painted parts. Sure he will answer PM's all day long and you can call him with questions. Every company does that! Wow, he answers questions.... Big achievement... Who knows you might be the next one to get shotty work or an incomplete order....
Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #115
DNA

Drives: 11 Cruze
Received my T3 Port Set from Gary’s Customz a month after placing the order only to find it was shipped with no templates and installation instructions. His implied response to the shortage was I received it, I shipped it. Contacted ACS to secure missing material, after waiting over a week got their mailing. They ship me T2 templates and a set of instructions missing a page. Emailed ACS noting the discrepancy and requested they do another mailing, no response.

I’ve placed (2) orders with him this year; never received an invoice, shipping memo or tracking number without asking him for one. Yes he provided a tracking number and responded like he was doing me a favor.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #116
GJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
Received my T3 Port Set from Gary’s Customz a month after placing the order only to find it was shipped with no templates and installation instructions. His implied response to the shortage was I received it, I shipped it. Contacted ACS to secure missing material, after waiting over a week got their mailing. They ship me T2 templates and a set of instructions missing a page. Emailed ACS noting the discrepancy and requested they do another mailing, no response.

I’ve placed (2) orders with him this year; never received an invoice, shipping memo or tracking number without asking him for one. Yes he provided a tracking number and responded like he was doing me a favor.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #117
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
to those stating to just let the customer and the vendor work it out .. no. obviously the vendor isn't going to work it out to the customers satisfaction. Having the ability to share that process here on an open forum lets critical purchasers like me fully assess if I'd like to do business with said vendor or not.

if we can't hear feedback and it's kept between the vendor and the customer, then there is absolutely no point to this specific subforum. good or bad, inside and outside viewpoints will be shared here. don't read it if you don't want to.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #118
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hi DNA,

You are correct we did exchange several emails about the matter, I do personally recall the email trail. I did request images or documentation.... without this info it does make it difficullt for us to file a RMA or proper support... I went forward and sent you a set of T2 templates. Gary also mailed you a set.... Once I received your images I realized they were T3's.... I did overnight you a second set of T3 templates and instructions... if need be i do have tracking info on it... it was delivered on 26/11/2010.

If you don't have them you have my email and number. Easy fix.

Just for reference to others, all our T2 and T3 ports get shipped in a ACS printed box with a Packing Slip containing it's content. Giving us the PS number will help us track the history of your part and continue to improve ourselves....

Hope the install went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post

Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #119
GJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
Hi DNA,

You are correct we did exchange several emails about the matter, I do personally recall the email trail. I did request images or documentation.... without this info it does make it difficullt for us to file a RMA or proper support... I went forward and sent you a set of T2 templates. Gary also mailed you a set.... Once I received your images I realized they were T3's.... I did overnight you a second set of T3 templates and instructions... if need be i do have tracking info on it... it was delivered on 26/11/2010.

If you don't have them you have my email and number. Easy fix.

Just for reference to others, all our T2 and T3 ports get shipped in a ACS printed box with a Packing Slip containing it's content. Giving us the PS number will help us track the history of your part and continue to improve ourselves....

Hope the install went well.
ACS.....all good and well for you to help DNA out......the point here is that Gary, the vendor, did not step up and get him fixed up......

DNA asked for help on another thread because he could not get Gary or the mfr to provide him with another set of templates and instructions in a timely manner.....I scanned the instructions and emailed those to him and sent the templates USPS to him to help another Camaro owner out because I know it sucks to have your parts sitting there and can't install them because you were shorted something crucial to the install.

also....this story first came up on pg 2 of this thread and Gary never acknowledged it one way or the other....

also......When I send someone $500.00 + i really expect an acknowledgement of that fact with an invoice and an estimated ship date......it's just good customer service and it tends to build confidence in the customer....

btw.....did you ever address the issue of warning potential buyers about the specialized gun required for the adhesive you supply with the T3 ports?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #120
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This should be posted in another thread, but will address your questions.

On this particular issue I know Gary sent DNA a set of templates, Once customer contacted me I also sent him a set to be on the safe side, I did also offer him a full refund if he had any concerns.... Gary offered the same. Once I was confirmed they were T3's i had to replace the templates and overnighted them to him. Advice to other forum members; when contacting manufacturers always include pictures, any documentation and even images of the box received.... I had a another case this week where a customer purchased a used set of ports and was missing instructions and parts... this was only discovered by sending us images. As much as we like to keep you guys happy we do want to improve our process so the incident does not reoccur.... With the image we are able to confirm the item was not in its original packaging... I did back up my product either way and ended up sending him the required components...

As for the adhesive applicator, I am working with the supplier to replace the cartridge with a more "standard" type cartdrige you'd find at Homedepo... Do keep in mind most of our installs are performed by bodyshops and custom shops.... I also added a note in our product description, thank you for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
ACS.....all good and well for you to help DNA out......the point here is that Gary, the vendor, did not step up and get him fixed up......

DNA asked for help on another thread because he could not get Gary or the mfr to provide him with another set of templates and instructions in a timely manner.....I scanned the instructions and emailed those to him and sent the templates USPS to him to help another Camaro owner out because I know it sucks to have your parts sitting there and can't install them because you were shorted something crucial to the install.

also....this story first came up on pg 2 of this thread and Gary never acknowledged it one way or the other....

also......When I send someone $500.00 + i really expect an acknowledgement of that fact with an invoice and an estimated ship date......it's just good customer service and it tends to build confidence in the customer....

btw.....did you ever address the issue of warning potential buyers about the specialized gun required for the adhesive you supply with the T3 ports?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #121
GJG

Quote:
As for the adhesive applicator, I am working with the supplier to replace the cartridge with a more "standard" type cartdrige you'd find at Homedepo... Do keep in mind most of our installs are performed by bodyshops and custom shops.... I also added a note in our product description, thank you for the input!
definite improvement for us "garage" guys on an already nice piece!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #122
DNA

Drives: 11 Cruze
Quote:
Hi DNA,

Excluding the shipment and wrong templates along with incomplete instructions, the only thing I got from GC/ACS was a headache.

Last edited by DNA; 12-10-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #123
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
A while back I ordered a set of garys vented fenders without incident. I had plans to order a painted heritage grill and various other parts from him but after seeing the way he handled this situation I will take my business else where. In the end you may have been able to keep the money for the bumper but in the long run it is going to cost you more money from lost customers as evidenced by several posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Why is that some posts get beaten to death about a bad experience, but others posts get deleted or edited?

Gary spoke his peace, gave his view points, what else do you want him to say or write?

Every company receives complaints, but how they handle those
complaints separates good business from bad business and Gary offered his compromise, buyer says no!!!
There was no compromise lol.. He offered to refund him the money for a part that he dosent have to send to the OP. Not much of a compromise . While you are not sponsored by him it is obvious that you are taking sides and not going off of any of the info posted in this thread. Your posts on the matter are biased and there fore irrelevant.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #124
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
I Received a set of custom "3" step process Bow ties from G's customz and they where "MEH" in my opinion...They are black chrome outside gloss black inside with IOM stripe on the edge...The clear has crap in it and the lines don't look good at all...they over sect at the corners.....for 145 bucks they should have been better methinks....well live and learn...He did have some great pics of the bowties though...just wish mine were that nice........
Old 12-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #125
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

Drives: ibm 1lt/rs
THIS THREAD IS LIKE A MOVIE
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #126
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru imperial blu View Post
THIS THREAD IS LIKE A MOVIE
With a sad ending.

***Update***

Paypal wont cover this transaction because Gary has shipped me a box. The way garyscustomz.com does business they are protected thru paypal as long as there is proof that something was delivered. Being a HONEST person doesnt pay in the long run. If I had just told paypal that I haven't received the item I would have my refund. I asked "So gary z custom z sends me a tub of vaseline and says its a complete bumper assembly with SPLITTER I am out $1800?" Short answer yes. Garys customz.com used this to his advantage.

Also because garys customz strung this out I can not dispute the charge with my bank either.

To EVERYONE on this and other sites please use a major credit card with Garyz Custom'z to protect yourselves. Garys Customs offers no support other than that I must keep a partial order and get a partial refund. Not cool. The only way I can recoup my cost from Gary s Custom s is to take this to Florida small claims court.

For Sale or Trade:
To anyone in the San Antonio Tx area that is interested in a Gary'z Customs IBM T2 front bumper and will trade for a stock SS bumper PM me for details. And yes the splitter is still on back order with no date in mind. I wont install this bumper period! Gary's Custom's wont have any parts on my car for free advertising, no sir.

To date the posting for these bumper assemblies has not been updated and is still being sold as a complete kit. I really would like the admin on this site to step up and correct this before someone else gets taken for their cash. At this point with so many post you'd think Garys Customz dot com would at least update the post.

Again thank you for the support on this forum!!!!

Last edited by sykb47l; 12-12-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Closed Thread