Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
ChrisThornes

Drives: 2010 5th Gen
Inner Fender Wheel Well Vents For CAI?

i have a K&N 63 series cold air intake setup. and am looking for a easy way to get colder air in without relocating the washer fluid bottle. i know i can purchase the scoop but that requires the bottle relocation so i went on the and found these waterproof vents http://rivaracing.com/i-24075237-riv...-vent-2-5.html that go on jet skis and snowmobiles etc... and it got the gears turning? i wounder if i could cut a pair of holes in the inner wheel well on the plastic fender or front plastic behind the grill and insert one or two of these to allow more air in? they are prefiltered and water resistant so its a possibility they may work but my question is what do you think of course i dont want any water or debris getting in? and i dont feel like purchasing the cold air induction box your thoughts are appreciated i wanted to turn to you guys first before i attempt this... Also say this would be ok? would this effect anything to do with the performance if its in the wheel well?

Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
SS hp

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm interested

I like your innovative thinking and will be watching this post.
SS hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
ChrisThornes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS hp View Post
I like your innovative thinking and will be watching this post.
Thanks, i will order them and update this post with a write up once i get some more advice weather this seems like a good idea or not? lol
Old 05-28-2016, 11:53 AM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisThornes View Post

i have a K&N 63 series cold air intake setup. and am looking for a easy way to get colder air in without relocating the washer fluid bottle. i know i can purchase the scoop but that requires the bottle relocation so i went on the and found these waterproof vents http://rivaracing.com/i-24075237-riv...-vent-2-5.html that go on jet skis and snowmobiles etc... and it got the gears turning? i wounder if i could cut a pair of holes in the inner wheel well on the plastic fender or front plastic behind the grill and insert one or two of these to allow more air in? they are prefiltered and water resistant so its a possibility they may work but my question is what do you think of course i dont want any water or debris getting in? and i dont feel like purchasing the cold air induction box your thoughts are appreciated i wanted to turn to you guys first before i attempt this... Also say this would be ok? would this effect anything to do with the performance if its in the wheel well?

Clever thinking but I can only think one location (see#2 below) where it would do much if any good as you need to direct the air flow towards the CAI to get any benefit. Placing this in the wheel well won't do that ( the air will only go towards the tire).

There are really only two locations where it could go. 1) The deflector behind the lower grill (see pics in this post). It would let air in but real low with the WW blocking the flow, maybe the WW tank might deflect some upwards?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335733

2) If you're willing to removing the bumper (see this post) it might fit in the triangle area this guy cut out of the radiator baffle. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392310

Post back on what you decide to do. Good luck!
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
ChrisThornes

thanks for your advice i'll keep you updated
Old 05-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
That sounds like a fantastic idea. I think it would work very well!

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
ChrisThornes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
That sounds like a fantastic idea. I think it would work very well!
Thanks