Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Wink Mixed Emotions

My first post here but I have been reading and waiting for the new Camaro like so many others. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of those who have ordered already. I want to so bad, but I just can't justify paying the premium price to have one of the first. I've only talked to one dealer in my area and he was pretty high headed. I also am leary of picking a color until I've actually seen it on the car. On the other hand I'm worried for many reasons that if this car doesn't really take off, it's life may be short lived. I say this mainly because of the economy and GM's financial situation. I sincerely hope GM sells a ton of these so there will be several almost new, gently used ones
for sale within the first year. I will be looking and trying to find a beauty for a good deal. Until then, I still have My '97 Z8.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
welcome to the site

if you look around here, there's a thread showing dealers who'll sell for MSRP or less. as far as color goes, unless you want blue or cyber grey, there's pics here. on buying a used one, i'm sure there will be some available shortly. it happened with the challenger (but hopefully more people will wanna keep the camaro). hope that helps
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE

I think you'll be pleased, i'd say go for it. which color are you picking by the way?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
welcome to the site

if you look around here, there's a thread showing dealers who'll sell for MSRP or less. as far as color goes, unless you want blue or cyber grey, there's pics here. on buying a used one, i'm sure there will be some available shortly. it happened with the challenger (but hopefully more people will wanna keep the camaro). hope that helps
A lot of people with money will buy a car just to have it first. Then when another car comes out, or next years model has a few more options on them, expect to see some for sale very fast.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
As Zebra said, shop around u should definately be able to find this car for MSRP with out to much trouble. I would never pay above MSRP for this car, there's nothing special to justify the added cost.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
You will always have second thoughts about colors, let me put it to you this way... what color is your favorite?

Although we haven't seen all the colors yet, you have a favorite don't you?

We don't have five of the same colors to choose from. I didn't want black... have silver, so I picked CG.

IMO you either want the color or you don't. Some people have said the Cyber Grey may not look good on the Camaro but... I know I don't want red, yellow, orange, blue, silver, or black and etc. So it's cyber Grey, and since I am getting the Camaro no matter, that color will have to do.

That being said... I do have an issue with not seeing the different wheel finishes on the cars, but it's far from a deal breaker.

Hope that made sense... it did in my head.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
You will always have second thoughts about colors, let me put it to you this way... what color is your favorite?

Although we haven't seen all the colors yet, you have a favorite don't you?

We don't have five of the same colors to choose from. I didn't want black... have silver, so I picked CG.

IMO you either want the color or you don't. Some people have said the Cyber Grey may not look good on the Camaro but... I know I don't want red, yellow, orange, blue, silver, or black and etc. So it's cyber Grey, and since I am getting the Camaro no matter, that color will have to do.

Hope that made sense... it did in my head.
Those were the same thoughts in my head.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
My first post here but I have been reading and waiting for the new Camaro like so many others. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of those who have ordered already. I want to so bad, but I just can't justify paying the premium price to have one of the first. I've only talked to one dealer in my area and he was pretty high headed. I also am leary of picking a color until I've actually seen it on the car. On the other hand I'm worried for many reasons that if this car doesn't really take off, it's life may be short lived. I say this mainly because of the economy and GM's financial situation. I sincerely hope GM sells a ton of these so there will be several almost new, gently used ones
for sale within the first year. I will be looking and trying to find a beauty for a good deal. Until then, I still have My '97 Z8.
Welcome to the site!!!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
All of your mixed emotions will vanish once your behind the wheel of your camaro! I say go for it! When these preordered camaros start rolling down the street you will probably wish you did...........

:5thgenvert:

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
Your thoughts and concerns are very understandable and valid. I too, had intentions of placing my order, but decided to wait. There's just to many things brewing in the GM pot right now.

I just have a very strong feeling that my dealer, and plenty more, are gonna see a lot of canceled orders once they take delivery. Unfortunately, between now and then, a lot of folks will be directly impacted by the current down turn. You may see exactly what you want on your Chevy showroom floor.
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote